Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 504 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Justmimusicmon
    Topics:

I am sure Viola will be on THR Roundtable. They already can’t have Chad there, so I don’t see how she misses. Unless they don’t want her back after she told Stacey Wilson what’s what, lolll.

Lol I’m sure she will be back for the toy table. She hasn’t done that in forever.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Lol I’m sure she will be back for the toy table. She hasn’t done that in forever.

The roundtables peaked with this. Indeed, we need Viola back.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

New euphoria episode while its not Zendayas character rue episode ill add that into visibility aspect of her campaign. But eww nate and jules wtf.

Profile picture
    wgoran
    Topics:

Like Joaquin Phoenix last year. Although he did campaign a bit.

Except Joaquin was overdue.

Profile picture
    ESS
    Topics:

Where the hell is Swank? I miss this woman.

Swank, like Naomi Watts, is in the Land of Bad Movies. Those, alongside McDormand, Huppert and Blanchett, are two of m’y favorite actresses.

Unlike Swank, Blanchett Always got better roles, between her two Oscars (Notes of a scandal, I’m not there, Benjamin button) And even After her last Oscar (Carol).

Other than Boys Don’t Cry and Million Dollar Baby (and maybe The Homesman), I cannot name a memorable role by Swank. She could work again with Danny Boyle after that miniseries Trust.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Can someone explain to me what this Viola Davis/roundtable thing is?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

You mean what those gifs mean? Or what exactly?

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

OMG when did that happened?! Viola looks fierce.

Profile picture
    restlessmao
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpDmWYU4Chc&feature=share&ab_channel=TheHollywoodReporter

full interview

The gif happened @12:30

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Viola was talking about how people would talk about how she didn’t look right to play the part of Annalise — I think she specifically talked about how people would say she didn’t know how to walk in heels — but Stacey Wilson then went on to state that no one said that. Viola, however, has had people tell her that to her face (or on the phone), so she was like, “Hon, don’t tell me about the experiences I have and have not had.” She obviously did not put it that way and was very respectful, but I lost all respect for Wilson after that — telling someone that their observations aren’t true just because she herself hasn’t made them.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

To this day I have no idea when us people of colour tell others about our experiences with racism we are belittled, gaslighted and then challenged by others as if we haven’t lived through our experiences and they have? I mean it makes no logical sense and is just absolutely disgusting. Even more so to see someone as high in stature as Viola Davis treated like that. Frankly that journal should have been sacked for doing that.

Icon.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Justmimusicmon
    Topics:

Viola was talking about how people would talk about how she didn’t look right to play the part of Annalise — I think she specifically talked about how people would say she didn’t know how to walk in heels — but Stacey Wilson then went on to state that no one said that. Viola, however, has had people tell her that to her face (or on the phone), so she was like, “Hon, don’t tell me about the experiences I have and have not had.” She obviously did not put it that way and was very respectful, but I lost all respect for Wilson after that — telling someone that their observations aren’t true just because she herself hasn’t made them.

That was hilarious! Viola wrapped her up and sent her back to whence she came. Lol

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Lol, if I speak on this

Glad Viola put her in her place with firm and class

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

LOL I hope that was a precognitive dream

Who knows. One thing is for sure, Im probaly gonna use those comedy actress and comedy picture nominations from my dream.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

queen

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.