Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 504 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
Luca
  • Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I think Carey could win if enough precursors and voters back her up. She definitely has the type of perfomance and movie that could get enough passion. She can be snubbed obviously. Lets not pretend the Academy isn’t basic, specially the acting branch. With that said, far more dark performances and movies have been embraced by the Academy.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

But Rosamund barely had any competition that year.

The competition this year and that year are very similar though in the quantity of viable contenders.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I think Carey could win if enough precursors and voters back her up.

Oh, obvs. And this really applies to everyone, lol, since they love to have sweepers -_-. We all know that the Globe winner is likely to sweep or at least end up winning the Oscar.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    Elazul
    Topics:

I think Carey could win if enough precursors and voters back her up. She definitely has the type of perfomance and movie that could get enough passion. She can be snubbed obviously. Lets not pretend the Academy isn’t basic, specially the acting branch. With that said, far more dark performances and movies have been embraced by the Academy.

I really hope the Academy won’t be that stupid to snub her. I know many around here is still upset about Amy Adams 2016 but Mulligan’s performance is so much more than that for example…

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Oh, obvs. And this really applies to everyone, lol, since they love to have sweepers -_-. We all know that the Globe winner is likely to sweep or at least end up winning the Oscar.

What I meant was, if she only wins BAFTA I don’t think she’s winning the Oscar. But if she gets a combination, that could seal the deal for her. And I still don’t think we’ll have a sweeper this year. Unless Viola wins it, which is very likely. But what do we know?!

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

As of today this is how I think Zendaya noms will go

Globes:  Zendya or Sophia Loren

Sag: Zendaya or Sophia Loren

Critics choice awards: Zendaya

Bafta :No Zendaya

Oscar: Zendaya

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

As of today this is how I think Zendaya noms will go Globes: Zendya or Sophia Loren Sag: Zendaya or Sophia Loren Critics choice awards: Zendaya Bafta :No Zendaya Oscar: Zendaya

Zendaya will be in at BAFTA because they have 6 spots.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

John I heard bafta has diversity issues  and Viola is already locked as a black actress but looking at Zendaya she appears to be non white obviously  lol but her being half white half black and of lighter skin Maybe Bafta thorws her a nom  with them having 6 slots lol.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

When she said “I’m never letting you go” so matter of factly, I screamed

FYC: Michaela Coel and Rosamund Pike

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Zendaya will be in at BAFTA because they have 6 spots.

She can get in at BAFTA (and I’m predicting her) but by no means is she a lock there. Especially if Rosamund Pike gains steam because one way or another there will be an actress from a British film (or Jessie Buckley) getting in there despite being in a film no other body cares about (Rocks, Saint Maud, Eternal Beauty).

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

She can get in at BAFTA (and I’m predicting her) but by no means is she a lock there. Especially if Rosamund Pike gains steam because one way or another there will be an actress from a British film (or Jessie Buckley) getting in there despite being in a film no other body cares about (Rocks, Saint Maud, Eternal Beauty).

Well Rosemund Pike probably won’t get in at the other precursors except maybe the comedy Globes, so she could be the 6th spot at BAFTA. Zendaya feels safe to me as one of the locked Top 5 for Best Actress at all of the other precursors.

John's Best of 2020

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Well Rosemund Pike probably won’t get in at the other precursors except maybe the comedy Globes, so she could be the 6th spot at BAFTA

Considering how mainstream her film is supposed to be she could very well surprise at SAG. Especially if she wins the Globe.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Considering how mainstream her film is supposed to be she could very well surprise at SAG. Especially if she wins the Globe.

I have a hard time believing SAG won’t just stick with the Top 5, especially since they’re the best when it come to nominating POC. If someone misses SAG’s Top 5 it will be Kirby or Mulligan, not Zendaya.

John's Best of 2020

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Also, where did all the Rosemund Pike confidence come from? Isn’t she like Netflix’s 5th biggest priority in this category. I doubt she even gets a campaign. She’ll probably suffer the Loren treatment of just being thrown out and completely forgotten.

John's Best of 2020

Profile picture
    Mason
    Topics:

I have a hard time believing SAG won’t just stick with the Top 5, especially since they’re the best when it come to nominating POC. If someone misses SAG’s Top 5 it will be Kirby or Mulligan, not Zendaya.

No way Mulligan misses SAG. That movie is right up their alley and there’s tea they love it along with Minari and Sound of Metal.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.