Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 504 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
Luca
  • Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

No way Mulligan misses SAG. That movie is right up their alley and there’s tea they love it along with Minari and Sound of Metal.

I was going to say the same thing. I don’t see Mulligan missing SAG. It’s the type of movie and performance they like to recognize. Not to mention, Focus is amazing when it comes to work the acting branch.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Yup, I agree. I have Mulligan def getting in at SAG. I also have the ensemble getting in, though I feel much less confident about that prediction.

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

I’ve said it before, but I’ll be shocked if all 5 nominees, considering the global pandemic etc, will be from the drama categories. The world needs comedy badly. I know Mulligan is comedic too but her movie was submitted as drama. So there will be at least one comedic surprise, and for me it’s a toss up between Pike and Streep.

I’d say it’s more about the Academy members themselves. They almost always go for a performance that made them laugh. So I would say Streep stands a good chance of getting a nod. I’m not sold on Pike just yet. And who knows how Michelle Pfeiffer is going to fare. It might be seen as a comeback nomination for her especially if she wins the Globe.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Zendaya will be in at BAFTA because they have 6 spots.

I hate the whole 6 spot thing. It takes away from authenticity of it all.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

I hate the whole 6 spot thing. It takes away from authenticity of it all.

Tf? How?

Adding more spots shines a light on more talent. Small slots equals ppl missing and more bipoc missing out tbh.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have a hard time believing SAG won’t just stick with the Top 5, especially since they’re the best when it come to nominating POC. If someone misses SAG’s Top 5 it will be Kirby or Mulligan, not Zendaya.

Considering how much campaigning Netflix has done for Kirby at SAG and what others have said about Promising Young Woman (plus it being an early screener) I think both Kirby and Mulligan are fairly safe there (even if they get snubbed at the Oscars).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Also, where did all the Rosemund Pike confidence come from?

The fact she’s Rosamund Pike (who the HFPA threw a random nomination for aa n1curr film) in an empty comedy field in a film about old people being put in care homes. A film coming out during Covid. She could even win the Comedy Globe over Maria Bakalova.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

No way Mulligan misses SAG. That movie is right up their alley and there’s tea they love it along with Minari and Sound of Metal.

Well I agree. That’s why I’m not predicting Pike.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Yup, I agree. I have Mulligan def getting in at SAG. I also have the ensemble getting in, though I feel much less confident about that prediction.

I highly doubt PYW will be nominated for Ensemble. Aside from Mulligan, the supporting performances are merely okay and most characters are one-dimensional.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I love Pike but I Care a Lot isn’t going anywhere. Netflix will most probably ignore it. They’re not even doing a limited theatrical run like they did with all their other contenders (even The Prom and The Midnight Sky).

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

The Brazilian critic, member of CC, just said he would be absolutely shocked if Andra Day got a nomination. He didn’t post the review (he’s waiting for the critics embargo to be lifted) but he hinted that the movie is really bad. He’s really confident in a line up of Frances, Viola, Carey, Vanessa and Zendaya. And btw, he’s voting for Carey Mulligan at CC, Spirit Awards and Online Film Critics Society Awards. Daniel Kaluuya will also be his pick at the CC. (He really loved Judas and the Black Messiah)

Edit: Forgot to say, he’s also voting for Youn Yuh-jung in supporting actress. No idea about Actor. I don’t think he mentioned.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And btw, he’s voting for Carey Mulligan at CC, Spirit Awards and Online Film Critics Society Awards.

Profile picture
    Lexa
    Topics:

Do some people still believe Mulligan might miss lmao? This is January not October. Keep up with what’s happening or go home.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I love Pike but I Care a Lot isn’t going anywhere. Netflix will most probably ignore it. They’re not even doing a limited theatrical run like they did with all their other contenders (even The Prom and The Midnight Sky).

This, and they also have Streep in The Prom if they decide to push a comedic performance. In fact, I amend my previous statement: Pike is Netflix’s 6th biggest priority because Davis, Kirby, Zendaya, Loren, and Streep are all ahead of her.

Also, there’s no way Pike is besting Maria Bakalova when the latter is dominating the critic awards and is in a film that the HFPA will love.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Also, there’s no way Pike is besting Maria Bakalova when the latter is dominating the critic awards

That’s like saying there is no way Daniel Kaluuya will win because Paul Raci is dominating all the critics awards or that there is no way anyone but Yuh-jung Youn will win because she’s dominating the critics awards.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.