Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 504 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
Luca
  • Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

That’s like saying there is no way Daniel Kaluuya will win because Paul Raci is dominating all the critics awards or that there is no way anyone but Yuh-jung Youn will win because she’s dominating the critics awards.

Apparently critics matter only it suits their arguments.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

That’s like saying there is no way Daniel Kaluuya will win because Paul Raci is dominating all the critics awards or that there is no way anyone but Yuh-jung Youn will win because she’s dominating the critics awards.

You didn’t finish my statement. Borat 2 is also a film that the HFPA will EAT UP, because of how much hatred people have for the Republican Party and Trump right now, and how effectively Borat 2 tore them to shreds. You said yourself that people need a film to make them laugh: Borat 2 is that film this year. And unlike The Prom or I Care a Lot, Amazon will actually campaign for it.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

But Rosamund barely had any competition that year. Plus, as I have said before, Gone Girl was a box office hit directed by David Fincher and based on a popular novel. PYW is none of that. And this consensus you mention seems to be, in my opinion, within the online film community — aka Film Twitter — which is not the industry or the academy. I would caution against using that as a barometer. I currently have Mulligan in fifth at the Oscars, but I have my many reservations. With that said, I like the argument that passion could at least land her a nomination. Regardless, however — and I know this is unpopular — I don’t think she’s winning.

Absolutely agree.

I really don’t see that kind of performance winning Oscars.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini
    FYC: Soul & Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

I don’t see Pike gaining steam either, but I’m still going to obsess over her because she consistently churns out top tier work. I do think there is a world, though, in which she bests Bakalova for C/M GG, although as mentioned she must be very low on Netflix’s list of priorities.

FYC: Michaela Coel and Rosamund Pike

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Rosamund with the many ways of treating a prop

FYC: Michaela Coel and Rosamund Pike

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I would have my girl Zendaya in at sags or globes but Netflix pushing Sophia Loren and I could see her taking her spot. Sag voting is happening now and Zendaya is shooting spider man so she cant campaign and John is shooting that david o russel movie  he cant campaign uhh like while Netflix tryna push  movies that’s getting no noms like hillbilly and the prom they better be helping M&M.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Netlfix been treating Viola like a queen with her campaigning she deserves it though.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I would have my girl Zendaya in at sags or globes but Netflix pushing Sophia Loren and I could see her taking her spot. Sag voting is happening now and Zendaya is shooting spider man so she cant campaign and John is shooting that david o russel movie he cant campaign uhh like while Netflix tryna push movies that’s getting no noms like hillbilly and the prom they better be helping M&M.

SAG is probably not snubbing Zendaya, they are very welcoming to WoC and only Viola Davis is not something they would do, and if her performance is as great as people are hinting, she’s probably a lock there.

The Globes on the other hand are crazy, they might wanna nominate her for the Euphoria snub but again, they could continue to snub her, since they are crazy.

As I said before, I loved Sophia Loren, but she is supporting, Mrs has no business getting in on the Oscar final 5.

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

I highly doubt PYW will be nominated for Ensemble. Aside from Mulligan, the supporting performances are merely okay and most characters are one-dimensional.

Several days ago, someone posted the SAG Ensemble shortlist and PYW wasn’t on there.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Several days ago, someone posted the SAG Ensemble shortlist and PYW wasn’t on there.

I don’t think there’s a shortlist for ensemble.

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

I would have my girl Zendaya in at sags or globes but Netflix pushing Sophia Loren and I could see her taking her spot. Sag voting is happening now and Zendaya is shooting spider man so she cant campaign and John is shooting that david o russel movie he cant campaign uhh like while Netflix tryna push movies that’s getting no noms like hillbilly and the prom they better be helping M&M.

They are both doing the Deadline contenders thing next weekend so they are campaigning despite their filming schedules

Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

Apparently both Z and Andra day will receive special Critics choice awards

https://twitter.com/nextbestpicture/status/1350527454927073282?s=21

https://twitter.com/iloveblckmovies/status/1350193609065246721?s=21

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

SAG is probably not snubbing Zendaya, they are very welcoming to WoC and only Viola Davis is not something they would do, and if her performance is as great as people are hinting, she’s probably a lock there. The Globes on the other hand are crazy, they might wanna nominate her for the Euphoria snub but again, they could continue to snub her, since they are crazy. As I said before, I loved Sophia Loren, but she is supporting, Mrs has no business getting in on the Oscar final 5.

Good Insight

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

They are both doing the Deadline contenders thing next weekend so they are campaigning despite their filming schedules

oh wow that’s awesome hope John gets some love to while Zendaya performance as Marie was electric and a Standout John ate up his role also.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Rosamund with the many ways of treating a prop

When I was younger I used to think she and Ellen Pompeo were the same person 💀

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.