Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 504 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

My top 3 doing Real good with campaigning and Hype. Viola  Mulligan Zendaya proud of these women.

Profile picture
    Lexa
    Topics:

I guess rudeness continues to be one of your strongest suits. Since when?! And if there’s one, the list isn’t common knowledge considering Focus just made a SAG FYC for the movie, with ensemble being one of the campaigned categories.

Matthew anzalone (whose father is a SAG voter and in the nom comm) should clarify this. I don’t trust this Jacko dude at all.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Luca spilling she was excellent but with a script that bad and that European Direction that’s just not how you get an lead actress Oscar not being in a best picture nom.

You know Luca has dragged all the contenders except Viola. He always finds a BUT in all of them EXCEPT Viola.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Apparently both Z and Andra day will receive special Critics choice awards

https://twitter.com/nextbestpicture/status/1350527454927073282?s=21

https://twitter.com/iloveblckmovies/status/1350193609065246721?s=21

The studio bought those for them you know.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

You know Luca has dragged all the contenders except Viola. He always finds a BUT in all of them EXCEPT Viola.

That’s not true at all. He loved PYW and Carey. He literally called her performance ‘brilliant’. So…

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Carey Mulligan was brilliant. Elisabeth Moss was brilliant. Vanessa was very good. And I am sure Frances will be amazing as well. I don’t like just Viola’s performances. Am I rooting for her the most? Hell yes! But that doesn’t mean I wasn’t impressed by other actors’ work. It does point right back to your undeniable obsession with her though.

Oh, and personal opinion =|= predictions.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Matthew anzalone (whose father is a SAG voter and in the nom comm) should clarify this. I don’t trust this Jacko dude at all.

Um I’m not a regular poster tbh but I remember JackO revealing to me last year that my favourite performance (Asier Etxeandia) in Pain and Glory wasn’t even listed on screeners for a campaign and provided a screenshot link to prove, so I’m confident he has access as dashing my dreams proved correct

FYC:

Vitalina Varela, Vitalina Varela (Actress)
    Andrea Riseborough, Karim Saleh, Possessor/Luxor (Actress, Actor)
    Rosamund Pike, Peter Dinklage, I Care a Lot (Actress, Supporting Actor)
    Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)
    Sophia Loren, Abril Zamora, The Life Ahead (Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman (Actress)

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Having been on the nom comm, I can tell you there is but I expect another angry reply since it isn’t what you want to hear.

Seriously, I don’t know why some people on here are in such disbelief about it just because it doesn’t fit their narrative. I got that information about the shortlist from the people who run Next Best Picture.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Sorry but why is PYW being predicted by some of you for SAG Ensemble? The thought never occurred to me while watching it. Carey is brilliant and everyone else is decent, but there is nothing noteworthy about the whole cast.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Luca literally has said repeatedly Promising Young Woman is one of his favourite films of the year and is rooting for it to win Original Screenplay.

People need to stop overreacting and trying to make things spicy here. I am the biggest Kirby fan here but (apart from people who have decided before watching every film this year which ones they will root against and which ones for) no one has said she was bad. In fact it almost seems to be a universal opinion on here that she was excellent and nomination worthy. It’s just that some don’t see it as a win worthy performance because she was let down by the script. And that’s ok. It’s also ok to think she deserves to win or like I do think she deserves to be in the conversation for the top 3.

As much as I like the performances of Mulligan, Kirby, Lindo, Hopkins, Boseman, Patel etc it’s ok if people aren’t passionate about them as I am. And that’s the same for every performance on here. It’s not as if not every performance being praised to the skies by everyone means that people are dragging it lol. For example I liked <i>One Night in Miami </i>and it’s in my personal awards lineup but just because I don’t think it’s the best thing since shredded wheat it doesn’t mean I am dragging it.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Seriously, I don’t know why some people on here are in such disbelief about it just because it doesn’t fit their narrative. I got that information about the shortlist from the people who run Next Best Picture.

If there’s a shortlist available, why are all distributors campaigning the movies in ensemble?! It’s not a question of fitting narratives. Shortlists might be a thing at SAG but we don’t have access to them.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Sorry but why is PYW being predicted by some of you for SAG Ensemble? The thought never occurred to me while watching it. Carey is brilliant and everyone else is decent, but there is nothing noteworthy about the whole cast.

Yeah, even if this shortlist story isn’t true, I can’t see how it could get an Ensemble nom. Aside from Mulligan, there’s nothing special about the rest of the cast.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

If there’s a shortlist available, why are all distributors campaigning the movies in ensemble?! It’s not a question of fitting narratives. Shortlists might be a thing at SAG but we don’t have access to them.

Yeah, just provide receipts (in the form of a link to the original post at least).  A backend search of this forum for “shortlist” was fruitless.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Carey Mulligan was brilliant. Elisabeth Moss was brilliant. Vanessa was very good. And I am sure Frances will be amazing as well. I don’t like just Viola’s performances. Am I rooting for her the most? Hell yes! But that doesn’t mean I wasn’t impressed by other actors’ work. It does point right back to your undeniable obsession with her though.

Oh, and personal opinion =|= predictions.

But you always say oh you know they were great but that film this but that film that which means they’re not going to win. Etc etc. you low key drag all of them to no seem bias.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

It’s called making a prediction, Mr. Cruz. Also, you should not be calling others biased when you seen to have a vendetta against a certain actress here 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.