Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 515 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
SN
  • Profile picture
    aahoto
    Topics:

Girl, Amy Adams will be nominated before the Academy nominates Andra.

Forgive my ignorance but why is this? Is Andra disliked?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The Golden Globe nominations are announced in two weeks, and I just wanted to point out once again how competitive this drama actress field is:

Amy Adams

Jessie Buckley

Viola Davis

Andra Day

Sidney Flanigan

Vanessa Kirby

Sophia Loren

Frances McDormand

Elisabeth Moss (x2)

Carey Mulligan

Kate Winslet

Zendaya

And these are just a few contenders. Imagine a nominations morning on which Amy Adams is the first name read aloud, lolll.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    lvigario
    Topics:

I need Loren nominated. Carey needs to be a lock.

Haven’t seen Nomadland, but I would be happy with something like this:

Carey Mulligan
    Sophia Loren
    Viola Davis
    Frances McDormand
    Vanessa Kirby or Zendaya

FYC TV: Stateless | We Are Who We Are | Cate Blanchett in Stateless | Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You

FYC Movie: Boys In The Band | Toni Collette in I’m Thinking Of Ending Things | Jim Parsons in The Boys In The Band | Shailene Woodley in Endings, Beginnings | Zoey Deutch in Buffaloed | Sebastian Stan in Endings, Beginnings

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I still haven’t seen her performance yet but I like Zendaya so much that I’m just cheering her on this awards season. I reserve the right to change my mind after seeing Malcolm and Marie. And even though her movie is disappointing I like Vanessa Kirby enough to hope for her success.

Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

I love it how people still think this is just about the performance. It’s not. “I can’t imagine her winning for this performance” is the only argument I have heard for Davis, and it’s baseless. If Zendaya gets in, my current bet is Viola vs. Zendaya.

So basically you are just reiterating and conforming with Victor has been saying all along. Nice.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Part 25 already? At this rate we’re gonna be in triple digits by the time the Oscars come around.

Inb4 next year when Gucci’s eligible and we’re on thread 119 in mid-October.

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

The Golden Globe nominations are announced in two weeks, and I just wanted to point out once again how competitive this drama actress field is: Amy Adams Jessie Buckley Viola Davis Andra Day Sidney Flanigan Vanessa Kirby Sophia Loren Frances McDormand Elisabeth Moss (x2) Carey Mulligan Kate Winslet Zendaya And these are just a few contenders. Imagine a nominations morning on which Amy Adams is the first name read aloud, lolll.

Meanwhile in comedy actress, You can see the tumbleweeds

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I love it how people still think this is just about the performance. It’s not. “I can’t imagine her winning for this performance” is the only argument I have heard for Davis, and it’s baseless. If Zendaya gets in, my current bet is Viola vs. Zendaya.

For the first time, you sound racist since a white actress can’t find for the win. I didn’t know it was political

FYC:

Best Actor :
    Riz Ahmed for Sound Of Metal
    Delroy Lindo for Da 5 Bloods
    Gary Oldman for Mank

Best Actress:
    Andra Day for The United States vs Billie Holiday
    Vanessa Kirby for Pieces of a Woman

Best Supporting Actor:
    Daniel Kaluuya for Judas and the Black Messiah
    Paul Raci for Sound Of Metal

Best Supporting Actress:
    Amanda Seyfried for Mank
    Helena Zengel for News of the World

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

Stopped paying attention to the Actress conversation on this site for… obvious reasons… but part 25?? Sheesh.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

For the first time, you sound racist since a white actress can’t find f

or the win. I didn’t know it was political

?? What’s racist is that you think two Black actresses can’t duke it out for the win 💀 The fact that you immediately think it’s political is, um, maybe the problem? Zendaya has the performance and the heat, so what’s wrong with considering her?

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    Brae
    Topics:

The way I haven’t been here in days and nothing has changed hahaha 🤦‍♂️ I really think this is of course a wide open race until we have precursor information but I am so hyped to have such a brilliant line up, If the top 5 sticks the landing then this is one of the best actress races we’ve had in a really long time. I’m fascinated to see what the Globes do! Crazy that we’re finally so close to the major awards beginning!

FYC:

BEST ACTRESS — CAREY MULLIGAN
    BEST ACTOR — RIZ AHMED

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Frankly I can see any of the current top 5 in the predictions centre win. I think Frances feels like the least likely considering she seems like the critics pick who does well but ends up losing the Globe (like Hawkins) but I’m more and more confident she’s top 3 (or even 2).

Currently going for Mulligan because her and <i>Promising Young Woman </i>seem to be going on a similar trajectory to Three Billboards (in fact an even better trajectory because it’s getting steam for a directing nomination from all these critics results which Martin McDonagh failed to manage to do as well) but I remember last year when some here were predicting ScarJo over Zellweger because of ScarJo’s critics performance even though Zellweger was literally in her comeback role playing Judy Garland simply because Judy wasn’t a very strong film. Davis hasn’t been winning as many critics awards as Mulligan or McDormand but just like Zellweger she’s been consistently showing up at all the critics groups for nominations and has won a few. She also has the most conventional Oscar bait role. She should not be underestimated!

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Gwen
    Topics:

Frankly I can see any of the current top 5 in the predictions centre win. I think Frances feels like the least likely considering she seems like the critics pick who does well but ends up losing the Globe (like Hawkins) but I’m more and more confident she’s top 3 (or even 2). Currently going for Mulligan because her and <i>Promising Young Woman </i>seem to be going on a similar trajectory to Three Billboards (in fact an even better trajectory because it’s getting steam for a directing nomination from all these critics results which Martin McDonagh failed to manage to do as well) but I remember last year when some here were predicting ScarJo over Zellweger because of ScarJo’s critics performance even though Zellweger was literally in her comeback role playing Judy Garland simply because Judy wasn’t a very strong film. Davis hasn’t been winning as many critics awards as Mulligan or McDormand but just like Zellweger she’s been consistently showing up at all the critics groups for nominations and has won a few. She also has the most conventional Oscar bait role.

I thought of Three Billboards, too, regarding PYW, because that movie had debate, was loved and hated, and starred a furious, power female protagonist, too. But I think, aside from the old white men in the Academy that could reject the ending, PYW has more passion than controversy.

2021 Award Season, FYC:

Best Actress: CAREY MULLIGAN for PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN
    Best Actor: DELROY LINDO for DA 5 BLOODS
    Best Supporting Actress: GLENN CLOSE for HILLBILLY ELEGY

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

All this discussion because of “Zendaya is a frontunner” for a movie that no one has seen apart from some critics that probably are hyping up the film for nothing.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.