Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 515 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
SN
  • Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

Im wondering if both Adams and Loren gets in at the globes

Profile picture
    Elazul
    Topics:

What if they go with Winslet instead of those two? Was her Labor Day nomination back then a surprise?

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

While watching the movie, I kept waiting for some “undeniable” moment to happen. A moment that would make me go “Wow what a performance”. But that moment never came. The movie was mediocre and Carey’s performance was just ok. PYW and Ma Rainey are easily the two most overrated movies of the year.

I have to echo this. I was waiting for what’s so good about Mulligan and PYW, and then I finished the film with nothing really amazing me. PYW really is the most overhyped film in award season these years. Parasite deserves the hype,but this? I don’t get it.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

What if they go with Winslet instead of those two? Was her Labor Day nomination back then a surprise?

Kinda off. I remember predicting it but still. Its weird because she gets in for that but misses for wonder wheel (williams from all the money in the world gets in).  I certaintly think its possible.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Same here. But who to take out? Davis and McDormand are very unlikely to miss, and I can’t see them snubbing Vanessa either. Carey and Zendaya are both vulnerable — perhaps the latter more so than the former — but I can’t convince myself to take out either yet as well.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Y’all still have not learned about critics =/= oscars. I’m now even more confident in M&M awards-wise. Audiences seems to love it  (people who saw it are mostly loving it) and the industry probably will too.

People who saw it are Zendaya stans who shared the screeners link to each other when it leaked. Of course they love it.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I don’t know if this has been said before but Jojo Rabbit is 58 and Joker is 59 on MC. I think we have to wait and see the audience response before ruling out Malcolm & Marie completely.

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

Omg the stans are now comparing M&M to Joker which was a massive hit about an iconic character grossing over a billion dollars and winning the top prize at Venice. Please make it stop.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

But you can’t just compare scores as though all under-60 rated movies were the same. Joker was a giant movie that made a buttload of money, starred an overdue thespian in an uber-transformative performance and was based on a famous story/character. Jojo Rabbit, too, was much bigger in scale and had time to build up goodwill (as did Joker). Malcolm & Marie needed excellent buzz to make a giant dent so late in this awards season. I am not saying its buzz is bad or anything, but, at least so far, it’s not as positive as it needed to be.

(Basically what nevkm said more succinctly)

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

Same here. But who to take out? Davis and McDormand are very unlikely to miss, and I can’t see them snubbing Vanessa either. Carey and Zendaya are both vulnerable — perhaps the latter more so than the former — but I can’t convince myself to take out either yet as well.

Carey and Zendaya are the weakest. I think they both can miss. I just know the globes are gonna throw best actress into chaos.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Jays was right. Stans and trolls have turned this place into a shithole. Hundreds of pages of talking about Zendaya and Day for neither to get nominated in the end.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I don’t how delusional and pressed one can be to think only Zendaya stans saw the movie and liked it.

Because literally no one has seen the movie except stan twitter who shared the link among Zendaya stans. It didn’t even start its limited theatrical run yet. But sure more people have seen it.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I ate my fav food watched me some wanda vison lol my new favorite show and like to say sorry to the whatever user i told to go s*ck a d+ck on the best actress forum earlier  i was aggravated and to aggressive real sh+t not my character my bad to whoever on this best actress forum I said that to 4 real even though what you said was probably really negative but ya i should have been the bigger person . POSITIVE VIBES ONLY until the noms for the globes come out then we can all be fighting  together cause them golden globe an other noms are gonna cause some issies in best actress forum  a prediction of this awards season that will come true lol.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I don’t think that Zendaya fan where comparing joker to Malcolm and Marie because they also mentioned jojo rabbit i think the point there trying to make is mixed reviews don’t affect televised awards which is true.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

The girls are so miserable. Wow.

Ugh…you are actually among those who are responsible for all these unnecessary trolls/stan wars here.

Sorry if I’m wrong but aren’t you the biggest Andra Day hater here and the one who named Day supporters “Day trolls?” I remember you once had 8/10 continuous comments attacking her as a person before the infamous Part22 when the reviews were actually out.

So yeah, new girls are miserable if above behaviors keep happening.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.