Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 515 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
SN
  • Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

All this discussion because of “Zendaya is a frontunner” for a movie that no one has seen apart from some critics that probably are hyping up the film for nothing.

You might wanna check your facts cause a lot of people that are not critics have seen the movie because of many screeners

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

viola davis is not winning for ma rainey’s bland bottom. that would be the worst, most egregious win in a long time. this is mulligan or mcdormand’s (and possibly kirby’s) to lose.

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Promising Young Woman

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Jessie Buckley

This would be a dream. It’s time Jessie Buckley starts getting recognised. Especially after she was cruelly ignored by everyone (apart from BAFTA) for Wild Rose when she should have been win competitive.

I am conflicted about Buckley at the Globes. She feels like the typical surprise nominee but <i>I’m Thinking of Ending Things </i>does not seem like a film they’ll bother touching (not even in screenplay even though I’m predicting a nomination for it at the Oscars in Adapted).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Wolfali, please take it easy with the Promising Young Woman hype. That film isn’t anywhere near the level of acclaim Three Billboards got even though I actually did not like Three Billboards. PYW isn’t a picture and director contender.

Andra Day should be winning Best Actress

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Wolfali, please take it easy with the Promising Young Woman hype. That film isn’t anywhere near the level of acclaim Three Billboards got

Did I say it had the acclaim of Three Billboards?

It’s not factually incorrect to point out it has been doing better with critics groups than Three Billboards though. You seem unnecessarily pressed.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Mulligan and (from what I’ve read about her) Zendaya seem to be generating the most passion right now, so don’t count that out. McDormand is clearly the critics choice, but unlike Lupita or Ethan Hawke, is also in the Best Picture frontrunner so that’s something to not underestimate either.

Kirby has the Volpi Cup and the performance, but I don’t see the same passion for her as I am seeing for Mulligan and Zendaya. Davis has the best narrative, but her performance is leaving some folks underwhelmed.

Basically, I agree with Wolfali that all five have something going for them, and we have no idea who the industry will resonate with. It could be they go all-out for Davis or it could be that they embrace Mulligan.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Don’t forget: Ms. Day is performing today! Then coming to snatch that golden statuette!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Then coming to snatch that golden statuette!

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Don’t forget: Ms. Day is performing today! Then coming to snatch that golden statuette!

RISE UP

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I can’t with Next Best Picture having Amy Adams in 5th 💀

Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

I can’t with Next Best Picture having Amy Adams in 5th 💀

He’s so delusional lol

Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

He’s so delusional lol

When this actually happens and I cry <<<<<<<<<~

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I now have Zendaya at globes critics choice. But No sag i don’t trust them with late films (Malcolm and Marie).

Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

Do you guys know how many many nominees there will be for each acting categories ? Last year 7 actresses were nominated in the best actress category

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

Do you guys know how many many nominees there will be for each acting categories ? Last year 7 actresses were nominated in the best actress category

They can go up to 7. 7 is their max

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.