Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 515 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
SN
  • Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I really don’t know what to do with Zendaya tbh. The buzz is really bad and even though she’s getting raves, I’m not sure how strong her perfomance is to survive such reviews around the movie.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

The story of M&M’s writing and that critic isn’t cute, this has bad buzz, not even for Zendaya but the film as whole in the industry.

They should have followed Bombshell and Vice route, but I guess they got carried away by early reactions? To put that into perspective, Bombshell was raved when social media embargo lifted, Theron was even predicted to win at that point and even I was mega hyped, to the point I thought it would be an above the line player. However the campaign team knew the film would not do good with actual critics so they embargoed the reviews until the end of the window, Charlize and Robbie already got a huge Oscar buzz when the reviews dropped, as evidenced by their GG and SAG noms, Vice’s team did that too. Zendaya hasn’t been nominated for anything.

Good point. Unimpressive films need to hold the embargo in order to stay in the race. I’m not predicting Day but Hulu is smart to not lift the embargo before GG and SAG nominations.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Little Monsters in 2018?

Legends

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Also, i think the girl from Never, Rarely, Sometimes, Always (forgot her name sorry) is quietly creating her path right now, the campaign is hard on that one.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Good point. Unimpressive films need to hold the embargo in order to stay in the race. I’m not predicting Day but Hulu is smart to not lift the embargo before GG and SAG nominations.

They saw the early reactions were awful and held them on for after the nominations.

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

As much as I love Pike and she looks great as usual, I have zero faith on this. Netflix don’t seem to care a lot about her film (pun intended).

I just dont know who to put in her spot. Maybe put Joy back in

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I just dont know who to put in her spot. Maybe put Joy back in

GG comedy? For sure Pike is in, they love her

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Pike can get in for A Private War with strong competition I don’t see why she can’t get in with I Care a Lot with weak competition.

She’s not looking good for a BAFTA nomination.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Why are you guys finding it so difficult to predict Comedy/Musical Actress? For me it seems pretty simple:

Maria Bakalova
    Meryl Streep
    Michelle Pfeiffer
    Rashida Jones
    Cristin Milioti
    Evan Rachel Wood
    Anna Taylor-Joy
    edit: Emily Blunt

Pike is not happening because Netflix doesn’t care about her film. They’re not even doing a limited theatrical for this. Even The White Tiger received a limited theatrical run.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

If Pike can get in for A Private War with strong competition I don’t see why she can’t get in with I Care a Lot with weak competition.

She’s not looking good for a BAFTA nomination.

Competition is not weak for the Globes.

But I agree she could get a BAFTA nom. They sometimes nominate British actresses in overlooked films and there’s also the sixth slot factor.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Y’all are underestimating Emily Blunt in comedy/musical actress.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Y’all are underestimating Emily Blunt in comedy/musical actress.

Oh yeah, there’s also her.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Some of you never can direct or gotta go to your back up account on gold derby to say something   but i wanted stay positive so lol throw your shade. But i think the borat girl has the comedy globe in he bag and she would deserve it.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I heard the possibility of meryl  taking the 5th Oscar spot if she gets in at sag and wins the globe lol i think the borat girl is winnig plus i don’t even think meryl could pull of a nom for Ryan murphy’s the prom lol.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Vanessa Kirby wins her first critic award at New Mexico, wolfali go get that champagne sis !

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.