Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 515 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
SN
  • Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

You guys need to move on for these past Oscars winners or nominees. Lol basically every successful young white actress would be targets in your mind. Margot in I,Tonya /Jennifer in Playbook/ Emma in LLL….all are actually impressive and deserve their noms.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Even though I like all of them and find them all talented, I hate white male directors’ obsession with Margot, Emma and Jennifer. In a couple of years Anya Taylor-Joy and Ana De Armas are going to be added to this list.

Florence Pugh and Thomasin McKenzie are next in line lol. McKenzie will be everywhere in the next 2 years (She already in Soho, Old and Power of the Dog this year. And one New Zealand production that sounds like an Oscar bait. Green Book director wanted her as the female lead alongside Dylan O’Brien and Viggo Mortensen for his new project)

Note: I dont hate them (Margot, J-Law, Anya, Saoirse, Florence, Zendaya, McKenzie and Stone and others) and their hype is actually well deserved since they are all have exceptional talent and Good person in general (Save for J-Law).

At least its not something like They forced people like Chloe Moretz, Megan Fox or Cara Delevigne upon us (Cara and Chloe were the obvious ones and their starring vehicle since 2015 were mostly Critical and Commercial flops. At least Chloe is talented) or even worse Taylor Lautner and Jaden Smith on the male side

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

You guys need to move on for these past Oscars winners or nominees. Lol basically every successful young white actress would be targets in your mind. Margot in I,Tonya /Jennifer in Playbook/ Emma in LLL….all are actually impressive and deserve their noms.

I’m not criticizing the actresses at all as I’ve already said they are talented and deserved  recognitions for the films you mentioned. It’s just after a while it becomes boring and predictable to only see them in major films rather seeing someone fresh or surprising. For example, Tessa Thompson would be a wonderful choice for those types of films.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think these actresses are always gonna be there and it’s ok, they need to create something, i want them all to reach Glenn Close’s and Meryl Streep’s level of magnitude with a very big and diverse filmography.

I also want new talento to be found and we are getting more every year, so i think we are headed to a great future

Profile picture
    DestinyFulfilled
    Topics:

they are all have exceptional talent and Good person in general (Save for J-Law).

Serious question: Do you know Jennifer Lawrence personally?

You can question someones talent but saying that she is not a good person..?!

Profile picture
    deaetee
    Topics:

ANYWAY Vanessa Kirby for Best Actress please.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

ANYWAY Vanessa Kirby Carey Mulligan for Best Actress please.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

I rewatched pieces of a woman. Give kirby the oscar! and I loved Burnstyn and the score

Profile picture
    AmazingAmy
    Topics:

I feel like most actresses from the last 10 years is being forced on us. Margot Robbie especially.

Margot Robbie is actually talented…being young, white and beautiful gives her an advantage and makes her every big director’s first choice…but at least she is talented. Emma Stone on the other hand is the definition of white privilege. Her acting skills are mediocre and yet she continues to get more opportunities than talented women of color. She has sounded like herself in every movie since Easy A and dared to play an Asian in Aloha. She’s one of the worst Oscar winners ever, it’s a travesty that she won over Isabelle Huppert in 2017. The Academy should be ashamed and never nominate her again, no matter how many Oscar bait projects she does.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

She has sounded like herself in every movie since Easy A

How is she supposed to sound? Like Morgan Freeman?

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

9/10 the actresses “forced” upon the GP actually have the charisma and talent to back it up. There is so many instances of Hollywood trying to make some good looking white guy with average talent into the next Tom Cruise, then when they fail they get “redemptive indie star” arc.

Remember this 2014 esquire triple cover

Esquire

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Oh now you’re racist for not being a Zendaya fan and not predicting her to be nominated?

This forum never fails to surprise me.

Profile picture
    DestinyFulfilled
    Topics:

9/10 the actresses “forced” upon the GP actually have the charisma and talent to back it up. There is so many instances of Hollywood trying to make some good looking white guy with average talent into the next Tom Cruise, then when they fail they get “redemptive indie star” arc. Remember this 2014 esquire triple cover Esquire

OMG yes…I do remember…dark times

Which actresses were you talking about btw? I don’t think I can think of nine let alone ten….

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Serious question: Do you know Jennifer Lawrence personally? You can question someones talent but saying that she is not a good person..?!

I might be wrong but Ive heard that she is being unproffesional lately for later X-Men movie (which is actually garbage movie by the way) and others. But I might be wrong, again

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Emma Stone is a good actress who knows how to use her strengths.
    Her work in Maniac is very very good.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.