Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 5 posts - 511 through 515 (of 515 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
SN
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

but the buzz TODAY is non-existent.

Well I mean of course Land‘s buzz is non existent today because hardly anyone has seen it lol.

The film was also on the magazine’s FYC cover last week,

And? I mean every contender has ended up on Variety’s FYC cover (including Hillbilly Elegy). Land has had gazillions of adverts printed in Variety like this one below. It doesn’t necessarily mean that because it and Billie Holliday are on a magazine cover that they have buzz.

https://twitter.com/mavericksmovies/status/1351909337560702981

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

the way you jumped from the Vanessa Kirby train to Carey Mulligan’s is just funny. Girl, you betrayed Kirby

FYC:

Best Actor :
    Riz Ahmed for Sound Of Metal
    Delroy Lindo for Da 5 Bloods
    Gary Oldman for Mank

Best Actress:
    Andra Day for The United States vs Billie Holiday
    Vanessa Kirby for Pieces of a Woman

Best Supporting Actor:
    Daniel Kaluuya for Judas and the Black Messiah
    Paul Raci for Sound Of Metal

Best Supporting Actress:
    Amanda Seyfried for Mank
    Helena Zengel for News of the World

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

the way you jumped from the Vanessa Kirby train to Carey Mulligan’s is just funny. Girl, you betrayed Kirby

The way you act like someone rooting for two contenders at the same time and liking one of them more than the other one means they’re a traitor is just funny.

Film is not a game of football.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Netflix holding back the reviews didn’t mater i think how critics are crying over it may cause voters to actually pick up there Malcolm and Marie screener and maybe say i actually like this lol.

When watching that long monologue John David did i said to my self playfully oh critics are gonna give this movie bad reviews it was a whole monologue dragging film critics  but there was something way more to focus on spoke to me then that but im not a critic lol. Andra situation is different 50% bad reviews it probably will get is not a get back at the director lol.

Profile picture
    Diogo Duarte
    Topics:

Land‘s buzz is non existent today because hardly anyone has seen it

Yes and the votation for Golden Globes will end in Jan. 30 and for de SAG in Feb. 1. So, there’s no expectation for Robin show up on those awards… if TODAY hardly anyone has seen the film and is talk about it. it’s difficult to imagine this film miraculously appearing only at the Oscars.

And obviously (??), it’s not because there is an FYC cover that he will be nominated. But there’s some buzz, even of low. If people are looking at magazine covers (not only adverts printed), tweets on Variety talking about the film and her preparation for the role and Andra is performing at events with large audience, it means that at least people know about this film existence and some people can like it.

https://twitter.com/mavericksmovies/status/1349790821969747968?s=20

Viewing 5 posts - 511 through 515 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.