Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 515 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
SN
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Lol. Meryl Streep’s performance of “It’s not about me” alone is Oscar worthy. Let’s not forget the bedroom scene and her opening scene. Streep has more Oscar scenes than some of the major contenders.

I still want her to get the Helen Mirren treatment though. The Academy did Mirren dirty for Hitchcock and Trumbo

FYC:

Best Actor :
    Riz Ahmed for Sound Of Metal
    Delroy Lindo for Da 5 Bloods
    Gary Oldman for Mank

Best Actress:
    Andra Day for The United States vs Billie Holiday
    Vanessa Kirby for Pieces of a Woman

Best Supporting Actor:
    Daniel Kaluuya for Judas and the Black Messiah
    Paul Raci for Sound Of Metal

Best Supporting Actress:
    Amanda Seyfried for Mank
    Helena Zengel for News of the World

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Where has baby pook been? Come back lol

Yeah. I miss her. Kellis and Ospencer too. Pulp and Marinabelo. I don’t know if they now have different names though

FYC:

Best Actor :
    Riz Ahmed for Sound Of Metal
    Delroy Lindo for Da 5 Bloods
    Gary Oldman for Mank

Best Actress:
    Andra Day for The United States vs Billie Holiday
    Vanessa Kirby for Pieces of a Woman

Best Supporting Actor:
    Daniel Kaluuya for Judas and the Black Messiah
    Paul Raci for Sound Of Metal

Best Supporting Actress:
    Amanda Seyfried for Mank
    Helena Zengel for News of the World

Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

Meryl should’ve campaigned for Supporting.

I just love movies. And awards.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ospencer too.

Ospencer is Kelvin.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Gwen
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/netflixfilm/status/1352327307382280193?s=21

Carey Mulligan world (streaming) domination!

2021 Award Season, FYC:

Best Actress: CAREY MULLIGAN for PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN
    Best Actor: DELROY LINDO for DA 5 BLOODS
    Best Supporting Actress: GLENN CLOSE for HILLBILLY ELEGY

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/netflixfilm/status/1352327307382280193?s=21

Carey Mulligan world (streaming) domination!

Even Netflix is campaigning for Carey lol. Bye bye Vanessa and Viola lmao.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

I’m just sitting here thinking about the beauty of Nomadland and how I lowkey want Frances to win while being Viola’s biggest supporter with Luca

I’m just very conflicted atm

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m just sitting here thinking about the beauty of Nomadland and how I lowkey want Frances to win while being Viola’s biggest supporter with Luca I’m just very conflicted atm

This is exactly me except with Carey not Viola lol.

It’s so funny how all Frances McDormand needs to do for me to secretly cheer her on at the expense of my favourite performance in the category is like breathe lol.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

This is exactly me except with Carey not Viola lol. It’s so funny how all Frances McDormand needs to do for me to secretly cheer her on at the expense of my favourite performance in the category is like breathe lol.

I don’t even understand how she did it but I just can’t stop thinking about her performance. Tbh there’s a reason why she’s clearing the critics awards despite having won 3 years ago and I’m starting to think the industry may actually bite as well

I really don’t know what to think about this whole situation but Fern definitely leaves a memorable impression as a character

If not Actress I definitely need this movie to sweep Picture and Director. Don’t care about that trial movie

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    Miss
    Topics:

Nomadland is coming to collect on Oscars night! Searchlight really is a force to be reckoned with.. Their 5th BP win in how many years??

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Trial of the Chicago 7 shouldn’t even be nominated in Picture. Nomadland is on another level lol.

I don’t even understand how she did it but I just can’t stop thinking about her performance. Tbh there’s a reason why she’s clearing the critics awards despite having won 3 years ago and I’m starting to think the industry may actually bite as well

Same. She seems to have this very unique method of making you sympathise with her characters using realism. You never see her as an actor but more as a human. She did this with Three Billboards too (but obviously in a different way).

These monologues will always be iconic.

Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

Meryl should’ve campaigned for Supporting.

I’m glad she isn’t because she’d probably end up pushing out one of the deserving contenders if that was the case. How bad would the optics be if it was Meryl fucking Streep who stole a nomination from Bakalova or Youn lol

FYC:

Picture - Minari, Nomadland, Another Round, Promising Young Woman
    Director - Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Thomas Vinterberg (Another Round), Emerald Fennell (Promising Young Woman)
    Actor - Steven Yeun (Minari), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)
    Actress - Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman), Frances McDormand (Nomadland)
    S. Actor - Daniel Kaluuya (Judas and the Black Messiah), Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)
    S. Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

The Trial of the Chicago 7 shouldn’t even be nominated in Picture.

I rewatched it the other week and couldn’t agree more. The more I think about it the more I hate how Sorkin manipulated the real life story to suit his purposes, especially with that ending and Richard Schultz.

Here’s hoping Nomadland will continue to pick up steam with McDormand to prevent it from winning.

FYC:

Picture - Minari, Nomadland, Another Round, Promising Young Woman
    Director - Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Thomas Vinterberg (Another Round), Emerald Fennell (Promising Young Woman)
    Actor - Steven Yeun (Minari), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)
    Actress - Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman), Frances McDormand (Nomadland)
    S. Actor - Daniel Kaluuya (Judas and the Black Messiah), Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)
    S. Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

I’m just sitting here thinking about the beauty of Nomadland and how I lowkey want Frances to win while being Viola’s biggest supporter with Luca

I’m just very conflicted atm

And DCurie! Lol

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Not sure what the consensus is around here since I haven’t been on GD in a couple of months, but I think this is between Davis and Mulligan with McDormand as the dark horse. Davis is the frontrunner for now because it’s traditional bait, but Mulligan’s film and performance seems to have more passion. I think she stands a decent shot at GG if PYW overperforms (drama film, director and/or screenplay), and if PYW gets SAG ensemble then she may really be coming. Her film should do very well at BAFTA too. I’d still predict Davis right now but we’ll get a clearer picture when GG and SAG noms are announced.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.