Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 26)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 26)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 506 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Mystic has a point and something i would like to add after the situation from the other day i have a question.

Why do WHITE ACTRESSES GET THE BENNIFIT OF THE DOUBT WITH  CERTIAN SITUATIONS THERE FILM FACES THEN BLACK ACTRESSES HU GOLD DERBY USERS?

Its lowkey a racist if im being honest.

Profile picture
    S.N.
    Topics:

Why do WHITE ACTRESSES GET THE BENNIFIT OF THE DOUBT WITH CERTIAN SITUATIONS THERE FILM FACES THEN BLACK ACTRESSES HU GOLD DERBY USERS?

There’s absolutely nothing to prove this narrative.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Thanks! I never had a profile picture here so I choose this one because it has a very overdue actress in a criminally snubbed performance. That scene alone should’ve given her the golden dildo. Arrival is probably one of my favorite movies ever. Your profile GIF is pretty awesome too.

Thank you! I totally agree Adams was robbed. I honestly think Arrival is an under-rewarded film and it is in my all time greats (as is Adams’ performance in it).

My heart and reason say the same, which is a recipe for disaster.

Well if it helps my heart and my reason said the same thing in Actress last year and I correctly predicted the Globe and Oscar winner.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Carey Mulligan wins Kansas. She’s really coming.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

SN you have a white actress (amy adams)in your pfp so im not going to try to explain the differences in certain situations vs black actresses don’t get the benefit of the doubt here on gold derby.But you thinking racial issues is a narrative i need to proof is a really a NASTY and RUDE comment if you really don’t see the issues educate yourself on them its not my job to inform you on them.

Profile picture
    lhdang2000
    Topics:

Mulligan can easily win in the future if she doesn’t win for PYW. She’s an incredible actress and I’m sure she’ll have plenty of opportunities in the future.

As a longtime Mulligan fan, I applaud your confidence. It’s not like she hasn’t done incredible work over the past 11 years. However, she was always overlooked in awards’ conversations. If we’re being honest, she should have had at least one BSA and one more BA nominations. It could have been the studio, the promotion, or whatever. The point is: It’s been a while since she’s finally the center of attention, and I really hope the Academy will give it to her.

Profile picture
    Margot
    Topics:

I got around to watching PYW last night and the movie had me up until the ending. Carey was great though!

What y’all got going on over here?

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/ceIlopain/status/1353501835890462721?s=19

Zendayas acting is….

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Margot
    Topics:

I know it’s only a two minute clip but chile…it’s not giving what it’s suppose to have gave…..

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

The dialogue is wayyyy too stagey just from that clip alone and zendayas voice…her voice…its not…idk..its not realistic. And jdw…his acting seems so forced and like… im disappointed idk

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/ceIlopain/status/1353501835890462721?s=19 Zendayas acting is….

If the movie is two hours of this, like Film Twitter is saying, then god help us. I can’t take two hours of that.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

In light of that clip, I am dropping her from my Oscar predictions right now.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

In light of that clip, I am dropping her from my Oscar predictions right now.

Zendayas team finna kill me LOL

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/ceIlopain/status/1353501835890462721?s=19 Zendayas acting is….

this is lowkey.. cringe

but i’ll wait for the whole thing

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    Margot
    Topics:

Her voice is too high-pitched. The monotone isn’t giving. There’s not enough sass or bass. It’s like she’s arguing with her Dad 😭 But again it’s just a two minute clip so I don’t want to judge anything too quickly but…yikes.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 26)’ is closed to new replies.