Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 26)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 26)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 506 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Not me being on page 20 while the real forum is on page 30. The magic of the ignore button

Profile picture
    Monty
    Topics:

People always like to pull out the racism card while campaigning for an African American woman. The problem with Davis is her performance itself. Her character spent most of her screen time being bossy and asking for a bottle of Coke. It is not even a lead performance. While we all agree that Boseman would bring home the V for Ma Rainey, the narrative is not there for Davis, who won 5 years ago, to win again.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Anyone who denies that there have been racist comments here is probably racist him- or herself. It has nothing to do with campaigning for an “African-American woman,” as you put it.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Andra Day. Please, let her happen. The early buzz and long wait shouldn’t be wasted. She has to happen.

FYC:

Best Actor :
    Riz Ahmed for Sound Of Metal
    Delroy Lindo for Da 5 Bloods
    Gary Oldman for Mank

Best Actress:
    Andra Day for The United States vs Billie Holiday
    Vanessa Kirby for Pieces of a Woman

Best Supporting Actor:
    Daniel Kaluuya for Judas and the Black Messiah
    Paul Raci for Sound Of Metal

Best Supporting Actress:
    Amanda Seyfried for Mank
    Helena Zengel for News of the World

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Not me being on page 20 while the real forum is on page 30. The magic of the ignore button

Y’all miss all the messy, but interesting drama when you ignore people. Putting people on ignore is nothing special. Live and let’s live. I don’t support name calling though and I know you won’t see my post since you have me on ignore. I’d be the last person to have people ignored. We can disagree all we like cos that’s why we’re here in the first place. This place would be super boring if we all have one opinion. I love the diversity

FYC:

Best Actor :
    Riz Ahmed for Sound Of Metal
    Delroy Lindo for Da 5 Bloods
    Gary Oldman for Mank

Best Actress:
    Andra Day for The United States vs Billie Holiday
    Vanessa Kirby for Pieces of a Woman

Best Supporting Actor:
    Daniel Kaluuya for Judas and the Black Messiah
    Paul Raci for Sound Of Metal

Best Supporting Actress:
    Amanda Seyfried for Mank
    Helena Zengel for News of the World

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I do think about which film from the possible BA nominees would have been a box office hit had Covid-19 never happened. I believe Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom having Boseman’s last performance/w hype for VD’s performance and Nomadland being the possible BP winner would have had decent numbers at the Box-Office.

Streaming definitely saved many of this years possible BA and BP nominees/winner.

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Carey Mulligan is winning her first Oscar. Only Viola Davis can stop her.

Darling, haven’t seen Avenger yet but if Grillz wins it would be embarrassing.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Y’all miss all the messy, but interesting drama when you ignore people. Putting people on ignore is nothing special. Live and let’s live. I don’t support name calling though and I know you won’t see my post since you have me on ignore. I’d be the last person to have people ignored. We can disagree all we like cos that’s why we’re here in the first place. This place would be super boring if we all have one opinion. I love the diversity

There’s diversity of opinion and then there’s people who are just being racist. Why should we have to see that? If I want to ignore someone because they’ve made several racist posts, I will.

Profile picture
    Russell90
    Topics:

I do think about which film from the possible BA nominees would have been a box office hit had Covid-19 never happened. I believe Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom having Boseman’s last performance/w hype for VD’s performance and Nomadland being the possible BP winner would have had decent numbers at the Box-Office. Streaming definitely saved many of this years possible BA and BP nominees/winner.

In terms of general public knowledge and support I very much doubt it. The majority of the movies that are now available on streaming have failed to get public interest

This year, and yes I know everything is delayed etc, but this year has to be one of the worst for general public knowledge and support for movies that are going to be the big nominees. I think Soul and Da 5 Blood would be the two most people would know, I have a feeling we are heading into the biggest “who cares about this stuff” award season in a long time.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

It’s funny how every time one criticizes Viola Davis in any way shape or form the way one criticizes the white girls, it’s racist. I thought it was supposed to be about equality. Right??

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The thing with my Mulligan prediction is that whilst one could argue I am letting my favourable qualitative thoughts of her performance get in the way I am simply predicting her because she makes the most sense to me as a winner.

She has yet to have won an Oscar which both Viola Davis and Frances McDormand have won (and quite recently). She’s highly respected by her peers  and she’s playing against the type. She’s been offered a bunch of jobs and projects since the film was released with people like Bradley Cooper and Cate Blanchett. She’s been singled out online and praised for her performance by a lot of her peers. And finally she’s had the most sustainable buzz of all of her competition. She had nominations buzz as soon as the film premiered at Sundance and buzz that has only increased.

These to me are the usual things I look out for when I predict a winner and I think I’ll stick with predicting her until she wins or loses at the Globes.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    brenolimsta
    Topics:

Malcom and Marie has a 62% rating on RT, with 47 reviews in…

poor Zendaya. she won’t happen with these numbers…

Sophia Loren gonna get it

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

It’s funny how every time one criticizes Viola Davis in any way shape or form the way one criticizes the white girls, it’s racist. I thought it was supposed to be about equality. Right??

Except no one on here accuses Viola Davis,  Zendaya, or Andra Day of “splitting the Black vote” like you do. Except no one on here says the only reason Viola Davis, whom you must obviously be a fan of, could win the Oscar is because of race rather than merit alone. The white contenders in this category simply do not receive the same harassment. That is why it’s not the same.

That’s why it’s racist. Stop playing dumb here.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Except no one on here accuses Viola Davis, Zendaya, or Andra Day of “splitting the Black vote” like you do. Except no one on here says the only reason Viola Davis, whom you must obviously be a fan of, could win the Oscar is because of race rather than merit alone. The white contenders in this category simply do not receive the same harassment. That is why it’s not the same.

That’s why it’s racist. Stop playing dumb here.

NOPE. Everyone gets enraged and destroys a white girl when she does category FRAUD. I don’t think a white girl would be so heavily considered to win lead with a supporting role with the number of great LEAD performances this year. There are articles out there literally saying “No black actress has won a lead Oscar since Halle Berry, It’s time to give it to Viola.” What that says to you? I mean it’s not like I’m making things up lmao.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

It’s also funny how supposedly every single black actress is overrated and only getting praise because they are black. That’s the type of crap people have to put up with every single year and we will push back whenever possible.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 26)’ is closed to new replies.