Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 26)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 26)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 506 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

1. Mulligan

2. McDormand

3. Davis

4. Kirby

5. Loren

————————————————————-

6. Zendaya

7. Day

8. Adams

9. Han

10. Streep

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

It’s also funny how supposedly every single black actress is overrated and only getting praise because they are black. That’s the type of crap people have to put up with every single year and we will push back whenever possible.

I only said Viola was overrated and NOT a LEAD performance. I actually liked Zendaya performance, not as much as others. AND I’ve been rooting for Andra Day which I think will get nominated.

Profile picture
    Margot
    Topics:

Malcom and Marie has a 62% rating on RT, with 47 reviews in… poor Zendaya. she won’t happen with these numbers… Sophia Loren gonna get it

wow. it’s gonna be rotten soon. better try to get loren or day in while you can

What y’all got going on over here?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

1. Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman
    2. Frances McDormand, Nomadland
    3. Viola Davis, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    4. Vanessa Kirby, Pieces of a Woman
    5. Yeri Han, Minari

6. Meryl Streep, The Prom
    7. Sophia Loren, The Life Ahead
    8. Zendaya, Malcolm and Marie
    9. Sidney Flanigan, Never Rarely Sometimes Always
    10. Julia Garner, The Assistant

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

It’s also funny how supposedly every single black actress is overrated and only getting praise because they are black. That’s the type of crap people have to put up with every single year and we will push back whenever possible.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT WE WILL!!

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

1. Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman
    2. Frances McDormand, Nomadland
    3. Viola Davis, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    4. Vanessa Kirby, Pieces of a Woman
    5. Yeri Han, Minari

6. Meryl Streep, The Prom
    7. Sophia Loren, The Life Ahead
    8. Zendaya, Malcolm and Marie
    9. Sidney Flanigan, Never Rarely Sometimes Always
    10. Julia Garner, The Assistant

I’d love to see Yeri Han nominated, but she’s just not happening. Not even critics are nominating her while they love Yeun and Youn. The comparison with Marina de Tavira isn’t strong because she was in Supporting, where out of nowhere nominations usually happen.

I also don’t think Sidney Flannigan and Julia Garner are ahead of Andra Day.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I also don’t think Sidney Flannigan and Julia Garner are ahead of Andra Day.

Well I do.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Saying that a Black actress — regardless of who that is — will only will because she’s Black, is something only an angry racist says to cope with the fact that their fave white girl could be in danger. And funny that you, Victor Cruz, only say this about Viola, because it means you’re using racist rhetoric to justify why she — whom you obviously actively dislike — can’t win. That’s just as bad.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

There are no conspiracies, but I think everyone would agree that critics are not in touch with what people actually like anymore. I do happen to think that critics could have enjoyed Hillbilly Elegy if they judged it independent of the book, and I do think that critical reviews of Malcolm & Marie have displayed either a dislike for Sam Levinson himself or resentment towards him for going after critics. Obviously it is perfectly fine to not like either movie, but I think both are movies that are going to play much better with AMPAS than critical reviews would have you believe.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I’m not a close follower of this race but based on my observations, Vanessa Kirby is not a lock. I have seen Netflix and her campaigning but I don’t think she has the same visibility as Davis, Mulligan or McDormand. Sidney Flanigan’s name is popping up more than Kirby on my Twitter feed.

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Zendaya is not happening anymore The time of grief has passed, it’s time to bring THE Andra Day back

For a movie that nobody has seen or will see??? She hasn’t been nominated for anything anywhere just like Zendaya. If they’re gonna nominate someone with no critics nominations then they might as well nominate Michelle Pfeiffer or Robin Wright both of whom are already icons in the business.

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Does anyone know when THR roundtable discussion for actresses will drop? I can’t wait to see the “chosen ones”…

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

It’s funny how every time one criticizes Viola Davis in any way shape or form the way one criticizes the white girls, it’s racist. I thought it was supposed to be about equality. Right??

Yes, remember in the previous thread how they criticized certain young actresses (Emma Stone, Jennifer Lawrence, and Margot Robbie) just for being white?

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

I’m not a close follower of this race but based on my observations, Vanessa Kirby is not a lock. I have seen Netflix and her campaigning but I don’t think she has the same visibility as Davis, Mulligan or McDormand. Sidney Flanigan’s name is popping up more than Kirby on my Twitter feed.

Film Twitter =/= Academy voters. Vanessa’s movie was #1 worldwide on Netflix meaning that people all around the world actually saw it. By comparison, how many people out there have even seen Sidney’s movie?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I agree Sidney Flanigan can get nominated and she has a lot of buzz (I think she can get the 5th slot) and I also agree Kirby is not a lock but Flanigan has nowhere near the visibility that Kirby has.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 26)’ is closed to new replies.