Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 26)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 26)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 506 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

There are no conspiracies, but I think everyone would agree that critics are not in touch with what people actually like anymore. I do happen to think that critics could have enjoyed Hillbilly Elegy if they judged it independent of the book, and I do think that critical reviews of Malcolm & Marie have displayed either a dislike for Sam Levinson himself or resentment towards him for going after critics. Obviously it is perfectly fine to not like either movie, but I think both are movies that are going to play much better with AMPAS than critical reviews would have you believe.

Based on…?

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Sophia Loren is not happening. Goldderby users are so obsessed with the legend. She’s not getting in and she’s even more supporting than Viola Davis. It’s a pity that the young boy who was the actual lead with the better performance isn’t considered for anything. The Life Ahead was no hit so don’t compare her to Riva who was in one of the BP frontrunners and had never been nominated before that time. Riva was undeniable and she was a sentimental favourite too

FYC:

Best Actor :
    Riz Ahmed for Sound Of Metal
    Delroy Lindo for Da 5 Bloods
    Gary Oldman for Mank

Best Actress:
    Andra Day for The United States vs Billie Holiday
    Vanessa Kirby for Pieces of a Woman

Best Supporting Actor:
    Daniel Kaluuya for Judas and the Black Messiah
    Paul Raci for Sound Of Metal

Best Supporting Actress:
    Amanda Seyfried for Mank
    Helena Zengel for News of the World

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

I read a great article about why the ratings for Oscars are at its worst of all time. I think is very simple. Oscars, 99.9% are not for the biggest successes. I can only remember 3 huge movies: Gladiator, Titanic and Return of the King winning Best Picture Oscar

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Sidney Flanigan is another delusional prediction. She has no chance whatsoever and she did nothing amazing

FYC:

Best Actor :
    Gary Oldman for Mank

Best Actress:

Best Supporting Actor:

Best Supporting Actress:
    Amanda Seyfried for Mank

Profile picture
    Justmimusicmon
    Topics:

People are we terribly underestimating Nicole Beharie for a nomination?

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Y’all miss all the messy, but interesting drama when you ignore people. Putting people on ignore is nothing special. Live and let’s live. I don’t support name calling though and I know you won’t see my post since you have me on ignore. I’d be the last person to have people ignored. We can disagree all we like cos that’s why we’re here in the first place. This place would be super boring if we all have one opinion. I love the diversity

I don’t like ignoring users because sometimes people have controversial but interesting takes that everyone dismisses but if every second post, sometimes 2 posts in a row, is the same user reiterating the same thing over and over, it’s time to ignore for me.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

People are we terribly underestimating Nicole Beharie for a nomination?

Nicole Beharie isn’t getting nominated and there’s nothing Oscar worthy about Miss Juneteenth. It wasn’t a wonderful movie and the performances weren’t so strong.

We should rather be pushing for Elizabeth Moss to get in.

FYC:

Best Actor :
    Gary Oldman for Mank

Best Actress:

Best Supporting Actor:

Best Supporting Actress:
    Amanda Seyfried for Mank

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

If anything, Nicole Beharie is this year’s Regina Hall (Support The Girls). The out of nowhere critics darling that goes nowhere

FYC:

Best Actor :
    Gary Oldman for Mank

Best Actress:

Best Supporting Actor:

Best Supporting Actress:
    Amanda Seyfried for Mank

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

I read a great article about why the ratings for Oscars are at its worst of all time. I think is very simple. Oscars, 99.9% are not for the biggest successes. I can only remember 3 huge movies: Gladiator, Titanic and Return of the King winning Best Picture Oscar

I don’t know where I should start to argue for this lol.  But I guess Avengers 1,2,3,4  should have been better Oscars winners in your opinion, right?  And nearly all Oscars winners have box office success in terms of their genres. Are you mistaking Oscars for MTV movie awards?

Awards and award ceremonies are two different things. The former should not cater to the latter.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

If anything, Nicole Beharie is this year’s Regina Hall (Support The Girls). The out of nowhere critics darling that goes nowhere

Beharie is not even a critics darling. So far, she only appeared at the Gotham Awards (won) and Independent Spirit Awards.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I am a massive fan of Miss Juneteenth but Beharie has no chance. The visibility of her film is quite poor and she has a crappy distributor.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Justmimusicmon
    Topics:

Nicole Beharie isn’t getting nominated and there’s nothing Oscar worthy about Miss Juneteenth. It wasn’t a wonderful movie and the performances weren’t so strong.

We should rather be pushing for Elizabeth Moss to get in.

Well damn Lil Tony did you have to bear up on Nicole like that?! lol

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

There are no conspiracies, but I think everyone would agree that critics are not in touch with what people actually like anymore. I do happen to think that critics could have enjoyed Hillbilly Elegy if they judged it independent of the book, and I do think that critical reviews of Malcolm & Marie have displayed either a dislike for Sam Levinson himself or resentment towards him for going after critics. Obviously it is perfectly fine to not like either movie, but I think both are movies that are going to play much better with AMPAS than critical reviews would have you believe.

Did audiences like Hillbilly Elegy so much though? It has a 6.8 score on IMDB.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Not Marvel. I hate Marvel and Star Wars. But Oscars could be more populist. Just a little more commercial. It’s very obvious ratings are lowest ever because 99.9% of all nominees are very small movies and The General Public never saw those very small movies.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

They like it more than critics. My take on Hillbilly Elegy is that there aren’t any major storytelling issues, and if you divorce the movie from the politics of the book, it’s a pretty standard (and sometimes compelling) family drama. What it’s missing is a “why is this being made?” factor, which Mank also lacked. Critics called it laughably awful. Obviously some people here may agree with the critics, but from what I can tell, general audiences find it fine to good, not laughably bad. That’s enough for a 6.8

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 26)’ is closed to new replies.