Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 26)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 26)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 506 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

You guys are so exhausting lmao. It’s a 2 minute clip, no need to be dramatic. But even if we were to judge her entire performance on that clip, what is even wrong with her acting? That’s how her character is. It makes more sense with context, as does everything ever. Not to mention literally everyone who has seen M&M has praised Zendaya’s performance.

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Are people seriously setting aside all of the acclaim Zendaya received from most critics that saw the film because of a two-minute clip where she is largely just reacting?

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Exactly but if Zendaya start popping up at these moms and thell switch fast and be like…….. Well i had her in 5th LMAO….Or the film released and she has some noms OmG I CAn SEe why she nominated there fake pressed right now.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

This sounds like something the dad from Get Out would say tbh….

Yeah, because you somehow knows that I’m a middle aged white liberal who voted in Obama. Except that I’m not middle aged, liberal or American.

This is the most stupid comment I’ve ever seen in this forum.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Plus Malcolm and Marie is really intimate film have to really watch it from he start its gonna seem not appealing with just a clip of 2 people about to argue LMAO.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

not acknowledging racism makes you trash

Zendaya is not a strong contender and that has nothing to do with her color. Accept that.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Anyway, how remarkable it would be indeed if Queen Loren comes back to the Oscars. One of the last living legends of that era.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Mr or Ms Amy Adams pic this has something to do with color if you ignore that maybe your ok with the treating black actresses different with there film situations vs white actresses.

And Zendaya is a strong contender shes 5th until she misses these sag globe noms and im not even talking about her LMAO.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

When Elizabeth moss and Julia Garner get the 5th and kirbys 4th spot>

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/ceIlopain/status/1353501835890462721?s=19 Zendayas acting is….

Whew, the way JDW overshadows her, that ain’t a good look.

Also, what’s up with this stagey look for this type of films, Ma’Rainey Black Bottom first now this? Keep the stage acting gimmicks on the theatre, don’t bring it to film!

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

Mr or Ms Amy Adams pic this has something to do with color if you ignore that maybe your ok with the treating black actresses different with there film situations vs white actresses.

Just this season alone, Kirby was dragged and doubted for weeks (until the movie got positive reactions from audiences) with a similar scenario: highly praised performance in a movie with a mixed critical reception.  Why should it be different for Zendaya? Just because she’s playing an actress and she’s popular? She’s basically being treated as any first-time contender in a movie with a 55 score in MC until we have something else to back her up (audience reactions, precursors noms, etc)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

People ruling out someone because of a damn clip again… How many times have we been through this at this point?

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Critics rarely if not never trash actors.

This is just straight up not true lol

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I have never seen people jump to conclusions as quickly as in this forum. Yikes. We went through all of this with Viola Davis two months ago… Thank God we have more clarity after next week!

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I do think someone new like Zendaya does need critics to support the film itself, along with her performance.

She is, however, very popular. So, who knows!

There can also be an audience push as well. What I’ve learned from 2020 is that CRITICS OFTEN LIE.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 26)’ is closed to new replies.