Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 26)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 26)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 506 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

But it means that PYW, specifically, would make a wholesome win for Mulligan, at this point. Not to mention the visibility that a win like this would give a movie so culturally and socially relevant, compelling, and significant.

Culturally and socially relevant????? All she did was wears wigs and go after a rapist.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Viola is number one because she deserves to plus has the most factors to win.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Culturally and socially relevant????? All she did was wears wigs and go after a rapist.

Yikes. What a terrible take.

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

How is Viola still #1 on Goldderby predictions lmao. She has so many fans here

Simple, because they want her to win on the basis of race. They know her performance sucked but she checks certain boxes..

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

MY LIFE SUCKS I gotta wait till Friday for a new wanda vison episode im obsessed LMAO……

Profile picture
    Gwen
    Topics:

Did you actually see the movie? It’s so much more, and doesn’t deserve to be mocked like this.

2021 Award Season, FYC:

Best Actress: CAREY MULLIGAN for PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN
    Best Actor: DELROY LINDO for DA 5 BLOODS
    Best Supporting Actress: GLENN CLOSE for HILLBILLY ELEGY

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I love how people who are predicting Davis, or Boseman, or any Black actor, now supposedly only do it because of these performers’ race. Racism should be renamed racephobia, since some of you seem very, very scared of a talented Black thespian snatching their well-earned and well-deserved gold.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

See I may be aggressive sometimes and say stuff but atleast i apologize but nothing like this so im going to say something idc .

But Jazzy to say a movie about a rape victim in light of things the like me to movement happening is not relevant is dumb and horrible thing to say woman getting abused in the me too era where so many women have just start being confident enough to come forward about things like sexual assault. And no viola is not number one cause she is black. You need help

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Simple, because they want her to win on the basis of race. They know her performance sucked but she checks certain boxes..

U r disgusting

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Gwen
    Topics:

Viola Davis is an excellent actress. If she wins, it’s not gonna happen because of race but because she’s one of the best working today and gave a great performance. I’m rooting for Mulligan for the many reasons I explained above but a Davis win would be full deserved.

2021 Award Season, FYC:

Best Actress: CAREY MULLIGAN for PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN
    Best Actor: DELROY LINDO for DA 5 BLOODS
    Best Supporting Actress: GLENN CLOSE for HILLBILLY ELEGY

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I always find it quite alarming that whenever there’s an awards season in which Viola Davis is competing in people on here dub her as a performer who “cares about awards above any cost”. Simply because she campaigns. I mean she’s not doing as much campaigning as Kirby or Mulligan and still people always find a reason to “drag” her for campaigning (which is probably a part of some people’s contracts). It perpetuates dangerous tropes.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

Victor Cruz and OccultCherry working their magic on you I see…

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I love how people who are predicting Davis, or Boseman, or any Black actor, now supposedly only do it because of these performers’ race. Racism should be renamed racephobia, since some of you seem very, very scared of a talented Black thespian snatching their well-earned and well-deserved gold.

Honestly can we not just ban them?

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Victor Cruz and OccultCherry working their magic on you I see…

Everyone knows it, but no one wants to say it because they’ll get cancelled. If Viola wins it’ll be cause of race not performance. I mean you even see it with the critics. She only has the jinxer award at Philly.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I saw an article saying andra can steal best actress.And the article was being serious lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 26)’ is closed to new replies.