Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 505 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
David
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I still think that she can absolutely win. I’m just saying that there’s a possibility that they just don’t go for her. And also what if someone who we think can’t win right now and has 1/100 odds bursts through and ends up winning in the end? It’s not likely, but it happened in Best Actor with Phoenix last year. I wouldn’t count out the possibility that it could happen in Actress.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Ma Rainey looks pretty basic and honestly quite boring. That being said, Davis and Boseman are so much the frontrunners, it’s not even funny anymore.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

We know that Chadwick will win, which is partly why Viola is high. But we never know what could happen that’s all I’m saying

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Adams
    2. Davis
    3. McDormand
    4. Kirby
    5. Day

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

We know that Chadwick will win, which is partly why Viola is high

How so? She was in people’s predictions long before Chadwick was. She’s playing the titular character, and she’s Viola freakin’ Davis. The bias is truly jumping out here, indeed.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

As per usual, this thread is hilarious! Lmaoooo

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Are people seriously thinking that people are not predicting Davis because they are biased against her? In that case there is bias against McDormand, Kirby, Loren, Day, Mulligan, Hudson, Pfeiffer, Winslet etc.

People aren’t sure about predicting her because unlike last year when Zellweger won (and a bit like the year Colman won) there isn’t a clear frontrunner here and we’re in the most unpredictable Oscars year in recent times. Saying there is bias against her when people aren’t predicting her for a win is like saying there is bias against every other contender because there isn’t one performer who is being predicted for the win in this category by everyone.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

There are a lot of valid reasons as to why she might not win, but saying she’s only so high because of Chadwick is just not it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

There are a lot of valid reasons as to why she might not win, but saying she’s only so high because of Chadwick is just not it.

Ok yeah I agree with this she’s not only being predicted by people because of Chadwick. That’s a strange argument.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    LukeOlney529
    Topics:

The Ma Rainey trailer was a bit underwhelming overall, though there were a couple stunning moments. Unless the film becomes a lead contender in the Best Picture race, it seems the Academy is going to award this one by giving Chadwick the Oscar. And I agree that the voice dubbing could be another major chink in Viola‘s armor, especially with Jennifer Hudson in the category — playing Aretha Franklin, nonetheless. Word is, her performance in Respect is electrifying, and MGM is holding their cards pretty close. In addition to stunning musical scenes (sung live), rumor has it, the film has no shortage of dramatic scenes and grit. Plus a glittery supporting cast. Hudson certainly has the Oscar backstory, too, as Aretha handpicked her for the role. This will be interesting.

I truly don’t see it for Amy Adams in the Hillbilly role for her first Oscar. Attention will go to Glenn Close from that film. We know nothing about Andra Day‘s acting, nor have we seen a single frame of the film. My opinion is that it will be released too late to gain momentum. And I wonder if they’ll consider pushing it back into next award season.

Jennifer Hudson
    Frances McDormand
    Viola Davis
    Vanessa Kirby
    Carey Mulligan

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I have to laugh at the people who think Viola is losing but then think Jennifer Hudson has a chance of winning. I just… I’m baffled.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

As someone else pointed out earlier, voice dubbing won’t necessarily ruin it for Viola – it didn’t for Cotillard, and Viola is a much bigger name now than Cotillard was then.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I think it’s much more respectful to stay true to Ma Rainey’s distinct voice than to have Viola sing and sound like Viola Davis. She isn’t a singer; not everyone can sing. Her energy and mannerisms in those performance scenes were enough to win me over, personally.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

We know nothing about Andra Day‘s acting

The Cars 3 slander

Cars3

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Let’s not forget Rami Malek lip synced in Bohemian Rhapsody and still won so I don’t think voice dubbing will stop Viola from winning.

If anything stops her it’s the possibility of Kirby or Adams being bigger priorities than her or the possibility of Ma Rainey not being very good (I find the latter unlikely).

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.