Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
David
  • Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

While the race is starting to take shape, I think there are several actresses who have a shot at the nomination and most certainly the win so it’s fun to see it unfold. Out weighing the pros and cons are fun too. But I have to say I don’t know if I buy the dubbing being a huge strike against Viola or any actor or actress these days, especially if they contributed some of their own vocals. I doubt many Oscar voters entertain such a thought. Especially if they are passionate about the performance..

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

As someone else pointed out earlier, voice dubbing won’t necessarily ruin it for Viola – it didn’t for Cotillard, and Viola is a much bigger name now than Cotillard was then.

To be fair, Cotillard was literally someone else. You barely could see it was Cotillard playing Piaf. You only saw Piaf.

By the looks of trailer, you can see its Viola Davis playing Ma Reiney.

But maybe that’s just me.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I was predicting McDormand but her performance is too subtle and she’s already got 2 lead Oscars. Whereas Violabis overdue for a leading win and only has one Oscar, plus she has a much baitier performance and the BLM narrative.

here we go…..

Viola Davis doesn’t need “the BLM narrative” to win.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Davis underwhelmed.

based on a 2 minute trailer? or did you see the movie already?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

At the moment I only see Adams, Davis, Kirby and Mulligan being competitive for the win (I’m not going to repeat why I think for Mulligan because that would be too repetitive). I’m not buying Andra Day and Loren’s nomination will be her prize imo (if she gets one).

If Amy wins the Globe she probably is sweeping. Especially if Mulligan loses the Comedy/Musical Globe (which I’m not predicting right now).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    LukeOlney529
    Topics:

I have to laugh at the people who think Viola is losing but then think Jennifer Hudson has a chance of winning. I just… I’m baffled.

Both are Best Supporting Actress winners and Oscar darlings in their own right. After seeing the Ma Rainey trailer and the Respect teaser, Hudson‘s performance looks just as – if not more – meaty than Davis‘s at this point.

It will also be interesting to see what happens politically in January and February. Aretha was a Civil Rights icon. With plans for Respect to release on MLK Day, just prior to the inauguration, Hudson‘s performance could gain a lot of momentum due to the cultural and historical context of the subject matter.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

To be fair, Cotillard was literally someone else. You barely could see it was Cotillard playing Piaf. You only saw Piaf. By the looks of trailer, you can see its Viola Davis playing Ma Reiney. But maybe that’s just me.

Cotillard was absolutely undeniable.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Jennifer Hudson is the perfect example of an Oscar one hit wonder since she never even came remotely close to a second nomination. She’s not an Oscar darling, she just happened to win with the right performance with weak competition

She’s nowhere near Viola’s level when it comes to industry recognition. And clearly not on her acting level either

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Is “Respect” coming out in December?

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Watching the trailer for Respect was like watching Effie White. I honestly am not interested in the film but she could pull a Cynthia Erica and get nominated based on the icon she is playing.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Watching the trailer for Respect was like watching Effie White. I honestly am not interested in the film but she could pull a Cynthia Erica and get nominated based on the icon she is playing.

Assuming you mean Erivo, this comparison is A+ for so many reasons, lolll.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

The fact that we are even discussing Jennifer Hudson is laughable.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

here we go….. Viola Davis doesn’t need “the BLM narrative” to win.

Maybe not, but it will help. There’s more pressure to award a black actress in Best Actress this year then ever before, especially since there’s only been 1 Black winner in this category and they were widely considered to be undeserving.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

1. Adams
    2. Davis
    3. McDormand
    4. Kirby
    5. Mulligan

6. Winslet
    7. Loren
    8. Day
    9. Pfeiffer
    10. Brosnahan

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

The fact that we are even discussing Jennifer Hudson is laughable.

THANK You, finally someone said it

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.