Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 505 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
David
  • Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Maybe not, but it will help. There’s more pressure to award a black actress in Best Actress this year then ever before, especially since there’s only been 1 Black winner in this category and they were widely considered to be undeserving.

And said winner being a lightskinned ex-model with Eurocentric features for a role that largely relies on negative stereotypes of Black women

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Assuming you mean Erivo, this comparison is A+ for so many reasons, lolll.

Hahaha! Yes, I did! Autocorrect changed it to Erica.

Speaking of Hudson, she recently did an interview where she said she and Aretha have been talking about the project for over 15 years. Um, Aretha died in 2018. 15 years prior to that was 2003. Jennifer was in contact with Aretha during that time? Even before her American Idol audition???

Here goes the campaigning!

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

And said winner being a lightskinned ex-model with Eurocentric features for a role that largely relies on negative stereotypes of Black women

I know right. The fact that this role in particular won feels like a huge slap in the face idc

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

As per usual, this thread is hilarious! Lmaoooo

not even a pandemic can stop the meltdowns!

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

I’m debating whether to scale down my suite of predicted nominations for Ma Rainey to Actress and Supporting actor, that trailer didn’t look stunning, though definitely not bad.

That having been said, some of this talk of Viola only being a candidate because Chadwick or not getting praise because dubbing is fucking ridiculous.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

END OF WEEK 6 PREDICTIONS

Best Actress

1. Frances McDormand (Nomadland)
    2. Viola Davis (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
    3. Vanessa Kirby (Pieces of a Woman)
    4. Jennifer Hudson (Respect)
    5. Amy Adams (Hillbilly Elegy)
    Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

https://youtu.be/sLusGvb69NM

Trailer is out and Viola did not disappoint.

I tested positive for COVID two days back so I am just catching up on this.

Oh My God!!! VIOLA IS LITERALLY CURING MY SICKNESS RIGHT NOW WITH THIS HAHAHAHAH!

In all seriousness though, the transformation is so baity it’s not even funny. She is coming for the Oscar guys.

I know it’s a bit premature to feel so confident about a competitive category, but the trailer has shown me enough about the kind of performance this is going to be, and I have enough faith in Viola’s talent that I know she will knock every scene out of the park.

I just hope the situation is better in April so that she actually gets that standing O in an actual ceremony for the history-making win.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

Watch how everyone flips out when Jennifer Hudson gets nominated lol.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I tested positive for COVID two days back so I am just catching up on this. Oh My God!!! VIOLA IS LITERALLY CURING MY SICKNESS RIGHT NOW WITH THIS HAHAHAHAH!

Speedy recovery!!!!

But yes, the Queen brought it. May her energy in the movie cure your sickness!

Ma Rainey gif

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

But yes, the Queen brought it. May her energy in the movie cure your sickness!

I think it’s already started curing it haha

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I tested positive for COVID two days back so I am just catching up on this. Oh My God!!! VIOLA IS LITERALLY CURING MY SICKNESS RIGHT NOW WITH THIS HAHAHAHAH! In all seriousness though, the transformation is so baity it’s not even funny. She is coming for the Oscar guys. I know it’s a bit premature to feel so confident about a competitive category, but the trailer has shown me enough about the kind of performance this is going to be, and I have enough faith in Viola’s talent that I know she will knock every scene out of the park. I just hope the situation is better in April so that she actually gets that standing O in an actual ceremony for the history-making win.

oh dear. You’ll fully recover sooner than you expect. I love you

I STAN Lady Gaga and Roddy Ricch

Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:

The reason why I’m predicting Amy over Viola is that not only she’s overdue but also she has the perfomance that we’ve never seen her do before. Russell Crowe almost won fo A Beautiful Mind if it wasn’t for his remarks. Ron Howard knows how to deliver Oscar material for actors. Amy’s scene where she goes amok to the streets has OSCARS written all over it.
    As for Viola. She just won 4 years ago and take away the singing, it’s the same quality of acting we see her do in movies like Fences, Widows, and How To Get Away With Murder.

Profile picture
    Someonelikeme
    Topics:

I feel you feel better ASAP! Take care. The thing to remember about these acting races, and especially in lead is the performance is one part It can also be subjective, but campaigning is another intricate part! Some of these actresses will campaign their asses off and be everywhere during the crucial points of awards season. Some of these actresses have already started.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

it’s the same quality of acting we see her do in movies like Fences, Widows, and How To Get Away With Murder.

The assumptions people here are making without having seen the movie are sending me. But how is Ma Rainey going to be similar to Annalise Keating, Rose Maxson and Veronica Rawlings? The fact that people already painted those three turns with the same brush was lazy, but putting Ma Rainey in that category is even more bizarre. This looks like something Viola has never done.

I agree about Amy though.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Someonelikeme
    Topics:

Is “Respect” coming out in December?

Nope. January 15, 2021..

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.