Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 505 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
David
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So is it 100% confirmed that Colman is going Supporting?

Yep around 4 weeks ago.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

My predictions:
    #1 – Viola Davis, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    #2 – Frances McDormand, Nomadland
    #3 – Amy Adams, Hillbilly Elegy
    #4 – Andra Day, The United States vs. Billie Holiday
    #5 – Sophia Loren, La vita davanti a sé
    The thing is: Davis has the hype, the showy part, the talent and audiences want her to win a 2nd Oscar; McDormand seems safe for a nomination, but not for a win; Amy Adams is overdue, but it’s gonna be Glenn’s movie, not hers; the AMPAS likes when singers go actresses lately (Mary J. Blidge and Lady Gaga) and Day is lucky because she has Lee Daniels directing her and an intriguing figure to portray onscreen; and Loren has the “screen comeback of a legendary actress” narrative.
    #6 – Vanessa Kirby, Pieces of a Woman
    #7 – Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman
    #8 – Kate Winslet, Ammonite
    #9 – Jennifer Hudson, Respect
    #10 – Michelle Pfeiffer, The French Exit
    Kirby seems lost in the middle of all the Netflix actresses campaigns, Mulligan seems to be this year’s Lupita / Colette, Winslet has the raves but doesn’t have the passion, people still mourn JHud in Cats (and her whole career after Dreamgirls) and Pfeiffer’s The French Exit underperformed with critics.

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Kinda bracing for Netflix to do a nonsensical decision and putting Amanda Seyfried in lead now. Probably won’t happen, but if it does don’t say nobody called it.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I wouldn’t sleep on the international icon Sophia Loren! That trailer today looked good. She is both a competitive and honorary Academy Award winner and this is very much a final opportunity to nominate a screen legend.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I wouldn’t sleep on the international icon Sophia Loren! That trailer today looked good. She is both a competitive and honorary Academy Award winner and this is very much a final opportunity to nominate a screen legend.

She is one of the last living legends of the Golden Age. There will definitely be passion if the film is as good as the trailer.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Davis
    2. Adams
    3. McDormand
    4. Kirby
    5. Loren

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Amy Adams with 7 nominations at 46 years old and no win? I don’t see that happening. This is a transformative role for her (when else has she ever done that?).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I feel like Adams, Davis, Kirby, Loren, McDormand and Mulligan are a clear top 6 right now. Obviously Day is TBD but this is how I’m feeling right now.

Loren probably will get in over Mulligan in normal times but these aren’t normal times and I have 100/1 odds on Mulligan so I’m keeping her in but I have Loren in right now for the odds  (taken Amy out even though I’m predicting her to win simply because I can afford to sacrifice the odds on her for now).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

I feel like Adams, Davis, Kirby, Loren, McDormand and Mulligan are a clear top 6 right now. Obviously Day is TBD but this is how I’m feeling right now. Loren probably will get in over Mulligan in normal times but these aren’t normal times and I have 100/1 odds on Mulligan so I’m keeping her in but I have Loren in right now for the odds (taken Amy out even though I’m predicting her to win simply because I can afford to sacrifice the odds on her for now).

Loren is getting in. I’ve heard sources who watched the film and say she was exceptionally great. She clearly has a narrative to help her get in pretty easily.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Loren is getting in. I’ve heard sources who watched the film and say she was exceptionally great. She clearly has a narrative to help her get in pretty easily.

Not if she doesn’t have a campaign from Netflix (which is possible considering how we’ve heard for publications that Adams, Davis and Kirby are bigger priorities) or if people don’t watch her film.

It’s way too early to be making judgements like this. The trailer looked great and I’m sure she’ll be phenomenal but let’s not forget how a few weeks ago people were saying Michelle Pfeiffer would be getting in because sources said she was phenomenal and she had an overdue narrative. Apart from Davis and McDormand no one is safe. Not Amy. Not Vanessa. Not Sophia. Not Carey. Not Andra. No one.

Like I said these aren’t normal times. I wouldn’t be surprised if Loren won or if Loren got snubbed but either way it’s too early to be making premature judgements like this. After all the whole “Netflix won’t get three actresses in because they won’t be able to campaign for three slots” thing applies here too if you’re considering Adams along with Davis as well.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Sophia was something else in that trailer. What an icon. At least we’re rooting for a nomination.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

BTW, I still hate this category for what they did to Lupes last year. Such a missed opportunity. I mean, I bet even Erivo forgot she was nominated for an Oscar for that performance.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Not if she doesn’t have a campaign from Netflix (which is possible considering how we’ve heard for publications that Adams, Davis and Kirby are bigger priorities) or if people don’t watch her film.

I’m pretty sure Netflix is not gonna prioritize Kirby over Loren. Kirby is a solid six spot and she can get in if Billie Holiday flops which I doubt. After that trailer, I have Loren either at 2 or 3.

Profile picture
    RBBrittain
    Topics:

SOPHIAAAAAAAA
    The Queen of World Cinema returns.

The Life Ahead nods
    Best Foreign Language Film

I have Loren in just to get the odds on her but to me the only place her film has a chance outside her is Foreign Language Film. That may help her like it did with Banderas but then again he was his distributor’s no.1 priority (which I’m not sure Loren will be for Netflix).

Did you forget it’s now called International Feature Film? I thought it was a bad move as the rules still require the film to be both “foreign” or “international” (non-U.S.) and “foreign language” (non-English), but Oscar ain’t going back on that when the first film to win it under that name, Parasite, was also the first non-English language film to win Best Picture.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Kinda bracing for Netflix to do a nonsensical decision and putting Amanda Seyfried in lead now. Probably won’t happen, but if it does don’t say nobody called it.

If that happens only Davis is getting in. They’re not going to be able to handle Adams, Kirby, Loren and Seyfried along with Davis.

Watch how we’re all arguing over whether Netflix will prioritise Kirby, Loren or Adams and then Meryl gets in…

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.