Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
David
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Anne’s rule is only to predict what she’s seen, which explains her list.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Amy I simply do not see winning for this role at all. The melodramatic “look at how seriously flawed she is!” character has always been claimed to be ripe Oscar bait, but I personally cannot see any Best Actress winner in recent memory fitting into this mould.

Cate Blanchett – Blue Jasmine

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

I LOVE Meryl Streep but I pray the Academy is over nominating her for everything. Especially for light weight films that are borderline mediocre. The Florence Foster Jenkins nod is probably her worst ever. Next to Into the Woods.

Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

I LOVE Meryl Streep but I pray the Academy is over nominating her for everything. Especially for light weight films that are borderline mediocre. The Florence Foster Jenkins nod is probably her worst ever. Next to Into the Woods.

the funny thing is even Meryl knows this and rolls her eyes whenever her Oscar clip is shown. Even she herselfs know her nominations are ridiculous

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

Lol The prom is not an Oscar movie. Streep is not getting nominated for Oscar for it.

Profile picture
    Diogo Duarte
    Topics:

I predict United States Vs. Billie Holliday will get pushed to next year so that Andra has a chance to compete. 

I also think Andra or Jennifer has a better chance of competing next year. But I don’t think US vs. Billie Holiday is going to be delayed. It’s the only Paramount film for the season and Sasha Stone tweeted a few days ago that receive infos and the trailer was coming out soon.

Profile picture
    Diogo Duarte
    Topics:

Lol The prom is not an Oscar movie. Streep is not getting nominated for Oscar for it.

Yes and your character not looks a big MVP in the movie… who I think have a lot of characters. Streep will not happen just because is Streep. The Prom sounds like a christmas special.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Meryl Streep was incredible in Florence Foster Jenkins and Into The Woods. She deserved those nominations. Her only undeserving nomination in recent time is The Post. Now that was just not it

I STAN Lady Gaga and Roddy Ricch

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Anne’s rule is only to predict what she’s seen, which explains her list.

Yes but regardless the fact she had Julia Garner in as a frontrunner before in terms of performance she’s seen (and Taylor-Joy) and now has Brosnahan further proves what I’ve been saying earlier that even if she misses at the Oscars she’s a threat for a Globe nom. Especially considering Amazon’s campaigning muscle.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Yes but regardless the fact she had Julia Garner in as a frontrunner before in terms of performance she’s seen (and Taylor-Joy) and now has Brosnahan further proves what I’ve been saying earlier that even if she misses at the Oscars she’s a threat for a Globe nom. Especially considering Amazon’s campaigning muscle.

I’m pretty sure these are in alphabetical order lol.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m pretty sure these are in alphabetical order lol.

Umm I don’t get what you’re trying to say here.

What I was saying was in terms of film’s she has seen she had Julia Garner is a contender for a while but took her out for Brosnahan after seeing her film. Yes her columns are in alphabetical order but it does not mean her choices are (after all she still has Winslet in there).

I’m not saying Brosnahan is going to get nominated at all but the fact she has her in above other contenders she’s seen tells me that Amazon may be campaigning hard for her behind the scenes and her performance isn’t “bad” as some people on here have been saying hence Anne’s current confidence.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Umm I don’t get what you’re trying to say here.

Lol nevermind I undersood it as you saying that she has Broshanah as the frontrunner (as in 1st place).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lol nevermind I undersood it as you saying that she has Broshanah as the frontrunner (as in 1st place).

Lol. I love Brosnahan’s work in Maisel and House of Cards but I would never.

Profile picture
    Handprintsandgoodgrips
    Topics:

I get it’s just late October. But do we known if critics are screening any of the Netflix contenders anytime soon?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The press will see some major contenders within the next week. Some earlier than you think.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.