Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
David
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The press will see some major contenders within the next week. Some earlier than you think.

Really? Do you know which ones?

Will be interesting to see how some respond to Ma Rainey and Hillbilly Elegy. Especially the latter because I saw one publications’ prediction whether they said they are unsure where in their top 10 to put Amy…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Really? Do you know which ones?

Will be interesting to see how some respond to Ma Rainey and Hillbilly Elegy. Especially the latter because I saw one publications’ prediction whether they said they are unsure where in their top 10 to put Amy…

Lol that was going to be my question as well. Luca, any idea which ones? Since they have so many in contention, already. I hope it’s Ma Rainey’s & Hillbilly Elegy.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Anne and Pete name quite a few in the recent video the experts did!

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Anne and Pete name quite a few in the recent video the experts did!

Is that video posted anywhere yet?

Profile picture
    Diogo Duarte
    Topics:

The press will see some major contenders within the next week. Some earlier than you think.

Mank – 27/October

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When Vanessa Kirby wins after being underestimated by almost everyone on this site for months…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Is that video posted anywhere yet?

Found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He9uyWhsslM

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

When Vanessa Kirby wins after being underestimated by almost everyone on this site for months…

I think Kirby has the potential to win, but she has a lot of hurdles to overcome, like the fact that she doesn’t have much of a narrative and a weak film.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Kirby has the potential to win, but she has a lot of hurdles to overcome, like the fact that she doesn’t have much of a narrative and a weak film.

This is true but what I was saying is with my post is that we shouldn’t rule her out just yet. I watched the slugfest just now and I agree with the experts that right now Netflix isn’t zoning in on films as priorities until they see how the race pans out after the Globes, SAG etc. If Hillbilly Elegy doesn’t do well with critics (I’m expecting it to not be a critics pick but not be a complete dud either) and gets a score in the early to mid 40s on Metacritic I don’t think Amy is winning (genuine question but apart from Rami Malek who has won for a film with that low a score). We don’t know if The Life Ahead will be watched yet. And with Ma Rainey we don’t know how big Davis’ role will be (although I think it will be big enough).

Point being that we know that so far Kirby has one of the most acclaimed performances this year probably second to Hopkins. Of course that can easily change but the acclaim and the fact she’s the capital Lead of her film might give her an easier path to her film (let’s not forget since Stone won all the winners have either been the MVPs of their films or the capital leads of their films).

I’m very intrigued by the person Pete Hammond has talked about in the slugfest who he has been teasing for months who he thinks will shock everyone and shake the race up. He’s given reviews in which he’s declared Brosnahan and Pfeiffer contenders but it doesn’t seem to be them. If I were to guess it must be one of Adams, Davis and Loren because in the most recent piece I’ve read of his he seems to think Kirby is the frontrunner (in terms of buzz right now) and he mentioned that he’s seen 5 Netflix actresses so far who could plausibly fill up those slots (although they won’t imo because Frances) and I’m interested in the 5th one because if 4 of them are Adams, Davis, Kirby and Loren who else is there? I would be incredibly surprised if it was Meryl lol.

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He9uyWhsslM

Thank you!

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Davis
    2. Adams
    3. McDormand
    4. Kirby
    5. Loren

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

I’m getting unsold on Davis as a guaranteed winner TBH. Maybe the trailer’s scenes were a poor choice, but there’s something about the performing scenes and the makeup/costuming (the fat suit element isn’t helping) that I’m not convinced yet.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Updated Best Actress Predictions:

1. Viola Davis- ‘Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom’
    2. Amy Adams- ‘Hillbilly Elegy’
    3. Frances McDormand- ‘Nomadland’
    4. Sophia Loren- ‘The Life Ahead’
    5. Andra Day- ‘The United States vs Billie Holiday’

6. Vanessa Kirby- ‘Pieces of a Woman’
    7. Kate Winslet- ‘Ammonite’
    8. Michelle Pfieffer- ‘French Exit’
    9. Carey Mulligan- ‘Promising Young Woman’
    10. Jennifer Hudson- ‘Respect’

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Sophia Loren vs Amy Adams based on trailers.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

8. Michelle Pfieffer- ‘French Exit’ 9. Carey Mulligan- ‘Promising Young Woman’

We’ll see. I feel pretty certain Mulligan is ahead of Pfeiffer considering the reception for French Exit.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.