Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 505 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
David
  • Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

We’ll see. I feel pretty certain Mulligan is ahead of Pfeiffer considering the reception for French Exit.

I mean I wouldn’t say it’s a big gap between the two. I honestly feel like 6-10 all have a good shot at getting in if Billie Holiday isn’t as good as we think it is (I think it will be great). I didn’t really put much thought into the order after 5, but I do think Kirby has the best chances out of all of them to actually end up getting in.

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

Any word on Emily Blunt in Wild Mountain Thyme?

I saw somewhere that they started screening it.

maybe that’s one of films that has been teased

Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

My October predictions:

Sophia Loren
    Michelle Pfeiffer
    Frances McDormand
    Carey Mulligan or Vanessa Kirby
    Andra Day

I predict that Adams will be left out because her film is weak. As for Davis, they have already rewarded her and want to welcome Andra into the club

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Any word on Emily Blunt in Wild Mountain Thyme? I saw somewhere that they started screening it. maybe that’s one of films that has been teased

Possibly.

I’d say Blunt has a better chance this year than she would have had in normal years because of Bleecker Street’s deal with Hulu but I don’t see her happening until we know people have watched it. If she gets raves and is watched I can see her winning the Comedy/Musical Globe over Mulligan (although to be honest although I think Mulligan is likely to win there I can see anyone win there simply because Mulligan’s film will divide some to a certain extent regardless of how much I like it but then I think she’s likely because all her competitors have their own flaws and she’s been doing more campaigning than a lot of contenders thus far this year).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Updated Predictions:

1. Amy Adams, Hillbilly Elegy
    2. Viola Davis, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    3. Frances McDormand, Normadland
    4. Vanessa Kirby, Pieces of a Woman
    5. Kate Winslet, Ammonite

6. Sophia Loren, The Life Ahead
    7. Carey Mulligan, The Promising Woman
    8. Michelle Pfeiffer, French Exit
    9. Meryl Streep, The Prom
    10. Andra Day, The United States vs Billie Holiday

FYC OSCARS

AMY ADAMS- Best Actress
    The Boys in the Band- Jim Parsons/Screenplay

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

My October predictions: Sophia Loren Michelle Pfeiffer Frances McDormand Carey Mulligan or Vanessa Kirby Andra Day I predict that Adams will be left out because her film is weak. As for Davis, they have already rewarded her and want to welcome Andra into the club

Viola and Amy aren’t missing and none of these arguments work

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Viola and Amy aren’t missing and none of these arguments work

NONE OF EM!

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Mank and Hillbilly.

Oh ok. Thank you, Kalinda.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

My October predictions: Sophia Loren Michelle Pfeiffer Frances McDormand Carey Mulligan or Vanessa Kirby Andra Day I predict that Adams will be left out because her film is weak. As for Davis, they have already rewarded her and want to welcome Andra into the club

What?

I also love how you included two-time winner Frances McDormand but think Davis will be snubbed because she’s already a winner. This is nonsense.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

ty for providing the much needed comic relief in this stressful race

rubbish

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Viola is literally the only non McDormand lock in that category. IMO Ma Rainey would have to be in the 30s on Metacritic for her to miss (which I highly doubt it will be).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

Viola will win.

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Minari

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    musicreloaded
    Topics:

This will be bloodbath! The best race is such an interesting year.

Sophia Loren – a living legend in her 80s, already an Oscar winner, no make up, film will bring the tears. Not a LOCK yet, but rumor has it Netflix will push her hard. She is my passion pick.

Amy Adams – it will be her most challenging performance, playing a red neck and overdue narrative. LOCK

Jennifer Hudson – playing another legend, if Covid wasn’t here the film would be a box-office hit like Dreamgirls, the Bohemian Rhapsody of R&B/SOUL lovers. She has an OSCAR and is a regular performer on the telecast. She has the material and the studio behind. LOCK

Frances McDormand: a veteran, recent winner, female lead performance in a BP frontrunner, Venice winner, etc. LOCK

Viola Davis: great actress, fans wanted her to be a BA winner ASAP, playing a legendary musician. Im not sold on her lock status yet. There are 3 black actresses playing a music legend, this will hurt the 3 of them chances.

Andra Day: playing a legend with an A list director. She is unknown as an actress and not that popular as a singer, that can help or hurt her. Too much music legends in the same category. She has to be better than Viola and Jennifer (already winners) to get a spot here. Hard path to Andra.

Vanessa Kirby: For some reason Im not sold on her lock status yet. If reviews are true, let the race begin, but we know what happened to Lupita last year.

Michelle Pfeiffer: COMEBACK story of the year in a so so film (according to reviews). Not a lock IMO, but I want her so bad to be a nominee this year.

Carey Mulligan: She has to be better than in AN EDUCATION to get the 5th spot this year. The category is crowded and even Meryl is now on the run.

Meryl Streep: Meryl in a musical. GG nomination is on lock and it is Netflix again. Not a lock.

Kate Winslet: hype is dead now. She is my queen ever, but Saoirse has the only chance now.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Academy, please surprise me. Give it to an underestimated contender

I STAN Lady Gaga and Roddy Ricch

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.