Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 505 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
David
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Every year, folks here predict who’s going to win critic awards and they always get it wrong. That was how they said Yalitza Aparicio was going to be a critics darling and sweep the entire circle, but she got nothing in the end. I’ll be here when Venessa Kirby blows them doubters away with the critics wins

I STAN Lady Gaga and Roddy Ricch

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Kirby will for sure get the critics support, but I don’t think it will translate to anything other than a Bafta nom imo. Another example of one of the year’s top performances possibly getting snubbed at the big awards bodies (Lupita, Colette).

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Kirby will for sure get the critics support, but I don’t think it will translate to anything other than a Bafta nom imo. Another example of one of the year’s top performances possibly getting snubbed at the big awards bodies (Lupita, Colette).

And Adam Sandler, who had a ton of critical support that went nowhere. I think Kirby definitely has a shot at the big nominations though, but there are still so many unknowns. For example – Respect isn’t even out for another three months.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

And Adam Sandler, who had a ton of critical support that went nowhere. I think Kirby definitely has a shot at the big nominations though, but there are still so many unknowns. For example – Respect isn’t even out for another three months.

That is what I mean. There are so many unknowns right now, Kirby is far from being a lock. We still have to see Day, Loren, Hudson, Adams, and etc. Not saying she has no chance, I actually have her as my 6th spot as of right now, but she has a lot of hurdles to overcome imo.

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

I do think Lupita is not a good comparison because not only are the 2 movies (Us/Pieces of a Woman) completely different in every way, Lupita had the added disadvantage of being black. Expecting the Lead Actress category to recognize horror alone is too big a task, let alone asking them to recognize black actresses, who are often ignored in prestige dramas as well, in horror movies. Collette is also a poor comparison, the Oscars would never ever touch anything like Hereditary, and by extension the performances in it. Pieces of a Woman, had it been acclaimed and had a more prestige behind it would be the kind of depressing dour drama that always has a spot at the Oscars, and the fact that Kirby already performed well at the festivals means she passed the litmus test for acceptance by the voters body.

rubbish

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

People on Goldderby: You can’t compare Mulligan with Lupita?!?!?! Lupita was in a box office smash in a weak year!

Also people on Goldderby: Kirby is this year’s Lupita. Her film is going to be too inaccessible for voters even though I have’t seen it.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

If there has to be a Lupita this year, it’s Elisabeth Moss

rubbish

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

It’s the delusion for me. Amy the Bridesmaid would be beyond lucky to even soak up a nomination for Hillbilly Flopegy.

Trying to be Thatcher ain’t cute, there’s only one user who can get away with  that. Your nickname game is weak.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

“Sophia Loren is definitely a Best Actress contender for The Life Ahead. The movie has more ups and downs, but she’s quite good. Voters may find it hard to resist her. #THELIFEAHEAD #SophiaLoren #Netflix”

-Joey Magidson

“The Life Ahead’ is charming and heartfelt. Sophia Loren has still got it, carefully constructing one of her most daring portrayals of her career. Italy would be wise to submit it for the Oscars. Packs a beautiful, emotional punch by the end. A joyful ride. #Oscars #THELIFEAHEAD”

-Clayton Davis

“Legendary actress Sophia Loren delivers her best performance in decades as a Holocaust survivor & day care worker who takes in a troubled young boy in THE LIFE AHEAD. A beautiful, tender & heartbreaking drama on living life on your own terms. Ibrahima Gueye impresses in his debut”

-Matt Neglia

The chaotic editing from Moulin Rouge!

I love it, I love it, I love it, but I also have my problems with it.

Nicole Kidman is amazing in Moulin Rouge!

The film won the Golden Globe and the PGA for Best Motion Picture

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

If there has to be a Lupita this year, it’s Elisabeth Moss

Ironically, her co-star

Ophelia

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ironically, her co-star Ophelia

Inb4 Yahya Abdul-Mateen II becomes next year’s Lupita for Candyman.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Arular26
    Topics:

Loren getting that acclaim! Since I don’t believe in Netflix getting more than three nominees I’m putting her (for now) instead of Adams. Hillbilly Elegy looks like a circus

1. McDormand
    2. Davis
    3. Kirby
    4. Loren
    5. Winslet
    6. Adams
    7. Mulligan
    8. Hudson
    9. Day
    10. Streep
    Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Sophia Loren is coming!!!!

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Loren is not touching an Oscar nom.

Why not? She’s a legend of the golden age, a previous winner, and she’s got a major studio backing her.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Why not? She’s a legend of the golden age, a previous winner, and she’s got a major studio backing her.

Ignore that account. It’s a troll one.

Anyway I have Loren in because I think she can get in like Emmanuelle Riva.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.