Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
David
  • Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Loren is not touching an Oscar nom.

Who’s gonna stop her?

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Kate Winslet

I think Loren is def over Winslet at this point in the race, but I guess we’ll see.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

“Sophia Loren is definitely a Best Actress contender for The Life Ahead. The movie has more ups and downs, but she’s quite good. Voters may find it hard to resist her. #THELIFEAHEAD #SophiaLoren #Netflix”

-Joey Magidson

“The Life Ahead’ is charming and heartfelt. Sophia Loren has still got it, carefully constructing one of her most daring portrayals of her career. Italy would be wise to submit it for the Oscars. Packs a beautiful, emotional punch by the end. A joyful ride. #Oscars #THELIFEAHEAD”

-Clayton Davis

“Legendary actress Sophia Loren delivers her best performance in decades as a Holocaust survivor & day care worker who takes in a troubled young boy in THE LIFE AHEAD. A beautiful, tender & heartbreaking drama on living life on your own terms. Ibrahima Gueye impresses in his debut”

-Matt Neglia

Queen Loren is coming!!!!

Last time Sophia played a survivor of WWII in a Italian language film, she won Best Actress. Mother needs to repeat.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Loren is like Netflix’s 4th biggest priority at best, and there’s no way she’s getting a nom over Kirby or Adams. Winslet’s ahead because Neon will put everything into Ammonite like they did for I Tonya and Parasite. Hudson is at worst a locked 5th place for playing a beloved icon in a super baity performance, just like Cynthia Erivo. Even Mulligan will have the full support of Focus. I don’t see how Loren stands a chance at getting nominated.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Mulligan will have the full support of Focus.

Exactly why people are underestimating her. Yes her film gets a bit divisive once a viewer reaches a certain point in it but her performance is universally acclaimed and Focus Features does well here when they put all their money on one contender (Erivo, Negga). They seem to be putting all their money on Mulligan this year.

Honestly I just want to see Mulligan and Kirby nominated just to see people who have written billions of words slagging off those who are considering them for a nomination claim they “predicted them from the beginning”.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Loren is like Netflix’s 4th biggest priority at best, and there’s no way she’s getting a nom over Kirby or Adams. Winslet’s ahead because Neon will put everything into Ammonite like they did for I Tonya and Parasite. Hudson is at worst a locked 5th place for playing a beloved icon in a super baity performance, just like Cynthia Erivo. Even Mulligan will have the full support of Focus. I don’t see how Loren stands a chance at getting nominated.

What makes you believe she is 4th priority. The Life Ahead is different because it is in the Italian language. This could very well be their push for the Best International Feature Film category. Plus, there could be a push for 11 time nominee Diane Warren to get nominated/win for her song with iconic Italian singer Laura Pausini. Sophia could very well be their priority.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

1: Viola Davis

2: Frances McDormand

3: Vanessa Kirby

4: Kate Winslet

5: Jennifer Hudson

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Loren is like Netflix’s 4th biggest priority at best

And how do you know this??? We have no idea who they’re going to prioritize over the other, so that’s irrelevant. From the recent screenings of HE, I wouldn’t be surprised if Adams ends up missing since almost all the reviews i’ve seen so far say it’s bad. Kirby has a good chance but I don’t think it’s better than Loren’s. Loren’s film is way more accessible for the voters taste and can get into get into international feature film if Italy ends up submitting this to the Oscars. Kirby’s film is inaccessible and arguably a tough watch which will hurt Kirby’s chances. Also, Kirby is the only chance for that film to get a nom excluding Burstyn in supporting, the odds are against her and she has a lot of hurdles to cross. Loren is above all those people you just mentioned…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Guys we have this argument every year. Netflix doesn’t start prioritising people and films over the other until the critics awards and the Globes.

Even then last year they prioritised The Irishman and Marriage Story equally.

I’m not agreeing with one person or the other here but I feel like arguing over “who is priority one” and “who is priority five” is a waste of time on here.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

1. Viola Davis (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
    2. Frances McDormand (Nomadland)
    3. Jennifer Hudson (Respect)
    4. Amy Adams (Hillbilly Elegy)
    5. Kate Winslet (Ammonite)

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Old guard Academy members won’t be against recognition for Loren. She had two competitive nods before getting an honorary just because she wasn’t able to accept an Oscar at a ceremony. She’s been invited several times over. We lose our giants every day. A startlet could lose their slot to her.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

The way Globes will snub Kirby, Hudson, Day for Loren. I can smell it from miles away.

That is pretty much all of the contenders that are fighting for a spot in Drama. If that’s the case, who do you have getting in then?

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Ignore that account. It’s a troll one. Anyway I have Loren in because I think she can get in like Emmanuelle Riva.

Why do some of y’all keep making these reactionary comparisons? Emmanuelle Riva won LAFCA and NSFC and Amour was the most acclaimed film of 2012, getting 5 Oscar nods in all of Picture, Directing and Writing. She NEEDS critics for something like this. Y’all have to start being realistic and stop thinking everyone is getting an Oscar nom and making false parallels that don’t work in this situation.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Why do some of y’all keep making these reactionary comparisons? Emmanuelle Riva won LAFCA and NSFC and Amour was the most acclaimed film of 2012, getting 5 Oscar nods in all of Picture, Directing and Writing. She NEEDS critics for something like this. Y’all have to start being realistic and stop thinking everyone is getting an Oscar nom and making false parallels that don’t work in this situation.

And what makes you think she won’t? Her performance is being extremely acclaimed and labeled as one of the best in her career. She can very well be a sleeper and lets not forget her legendary status.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.