Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 505 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
David
  • Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

Viola would be a much-deserving winner. As long as she or McDormand takes it, I’ll be content. That being said, her chances of doing well at the precursors are fairly high.

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Minari

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Bee, I think you are doing too much. No one was exhibiting “stan-like” behavior in support for Loren. You were, in fact, being passive.

When Sophia Loren was mentioned, for those who think she is a possibility, we mentioned other things to go with it. Other posters referred to us as delusional etc… These are some of the reasons why I believe Sophia can get nominated:

-Loren is a legendary actress who is also a previous winner.
    -She is playing a Holocaust survivor, in which the Academy loves.
    -She is playing a woman that might possibly die from illness (Academy loves)
    -The Life Ahead could be prioritized for the International Feature Film category for Netflix.
    -Loren is trying to make a comeback to the Oscars.
    -Her trailer was well received.
    -Those who have seen the film thus far have all mentioned that she is Oscar worthy.
    -Loren is one of, if not, the youngest Honorary recipient which means the Academy loves her.
    -She is playing a woman that survived the horrors of WWII in a Italian language film, in which, she won a competitive award for back in 61′.

You referred to those who believe Loren has a chance as “stans” but you said The Life Ahead does not have reviews to match the other nominated performances. Since there are not any true reviews out as of yet, that means you made up a lie to prove a point. So what does that make you?

Yes, y’all were (still are) and you don’t seem to know what passive means. I was being straight up, direct, aggressive, to the point. As I always am.

All of your “points” tell me is that her film will not receive raves like 45 Years, Elle, or Pain and Glory, she isn’t overdue so there is no urgency to reward her, and the reactions she has received aren’t strong enough to break through a competitive field. That’s what you’re telling me. I also never said that anyone considering Loren were stans, if you’re gonna try to twist words, please do it slyly. And LOL @ trying to say I’m lying (??) when in actuality you lacked comprehension skills to actually get what I was saying.

Case closed!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I wasn’t even “attacking” you,

wolfali wrote: Why is it that people get so tense about Actress? Every year. I will say this though. The fact that we don’t have a frontrunner for the Drama Globe and for the Oscar is interesting because in 2019 and 2017 it was clear who was winning, in 2018 people thought the Drama Globe would either go to Gaga or Close and now it’s interesting. I do think Amy might end up being the Glenn in The Wife of this year (I only have Amy at no.1 as a placeholder). Yes, we do. Viola Davis is literally #1 in the odds and for good reason. Writing her off while hoping Vanessa Kirby has a chance doesn’t mean anything.

Well actually you literally responded to my post (which was just my opinion), started attacking it, posting your series of inaccurate statements (for example you state Viola Davis is #1 in the odds when she isn’t lmao) and claiming that by me not declaring someone as the unquestionable winner (someone who I might add whose film hasn’t been reviewed yet) that I was somehow writing them off? Then for some reason you decide to go onto a clear tangent and start referring to Vanessa Kirby (who was not mentioned by myself in the post at all).

Y0u know you have attacked several users on here whether it is them considering anyone other than the lineup or the winner your predicting claiming they were “standing” or were completely delusional and have been claiming that they weren’t “listening” to your argument and starting having a go at them for apparently letting “standing” influence their predictions when people have tried to have a peaceful dialogue with yourself. It’s only October yet you seem certain that a chunk of the lineup and the winner your predicting are locked when there are just under 6 months until the Oscars.

I have to call this out and if anybody doesn’t thing that this is wrong or toxic behaviour then there is something wrong with you. This whole forum is for people who want to predict (after all why do we have an Oscars thread open so early). It’s supposed to fun and safe place where people can exchange their thoughts on certain situations but it is very clear with some users on here that if another user is not predicting the person they want to win (and I’ve seen this time and time again here even on the Emmys thread) that they are somehow wrong, being combative or are some sort of “enemies of the truth”.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Damn. None of these bitches’ movies is even out and you’re already tearing each others’ throats. Lol

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Well actually you literally responded to my post (which was just my opinion), started attacking it, posting your series of inaccurate statements (for example you state Viola Davis is #1 in the odds when she isn’t lmao) and claiming that by me not declaring someone as the unquestionable winner (someone who I might add whose film hasn’t been reviewed yet) that I was somehow writing them off? Then for some reason you decide to go onto a clear tangent and start referring to Vanessa Kirby (who was not mentioned by myself in the post at all).

Y0u know you have attacked several users on here whether it is them considering anyone other than the lineup or the winner your predicting claiming they were “standing” or were completely delusional and have been claiming that they weren’t “listening” to your argument and starting having a go at them for apparently letting “standing” influence their predictions when people have tried to have a peaceful dialogue with yourself. It’s only October yet you seem certain that a chunk of the lineup and the winner your predicting are locked when there are just under 6 months until the Oscars.

I have to call this out and if anybody doesn’t thing that this is wrong or toxic behaviour then there is something wrong with you. This whole forum is for people who want to predict (after all why do we have an Oscars thread open so early). It’s supposed to fun and safe place where people can exchange their thoughts on certain situations but it is very clear with some users on here that if another user is not predicting the person they want to win (and I’ve seen this time and time again here even on the Emmys thread) that they are somehow wrong, being combative or are some sort of “enemies of the truth”.

Lmfao @ this classic self-victimization. You’ve seen actual trolls and toxic stans run around the Emmy forums and was complicit in that but only “call out toxicity” when someone tells you to stop being so reactionary and actually learn how to construct a decent argument to actually not make yourself look lost? Save the whining, chile. Over 11k posts just to cry to me over something I don’t care about? Which is your feelings over acting ignorant? All these essays and not one of them passed.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Yes, y’all were (still are) and you don’t seem to know what passive means. I was being straight up, direct, aggressive, to the point. As I always am.

All of your “points” tell me is that her film will not receive raves like 45 Years, Elle, or Pain and Glory, she isn’t overdue so there is no urgency to reward her, and the reactions she has received aren’t strong enough to break through a competitive field. That’s what you’re telling me. I also never said that anyone considering Loren were stans, if you’re gonna try to twist words, please do it slyly. And LOL @ trying to say I’m lying (??) when in actuality you lacked comprehension skills to actually get what I was saying.

Case closed!

Let us re-open the case because you are lacking evidence.

If the reactions thus far all say that Loren is Oscar nod worthy, what other possible reactions are you looking for? What is a higher compliment than being labeled Oscar worthy? Are you expecting reviewers to say “she gave the greatest performance in cinema history”? What are you looking for? The reactions and my “points” have led me to believe the film and Loren will receive praise, the complete opposite of what you are saying. None of my reasons point to her film possibly having bad reviews. That doesn’t make any sense. I cannot guarantee the film will do well, but what we have thus far, sounds promising.

Also, you say that there is no urge to nominate/award Loren and I gave you “points” that could very well back that up. Since we are on the topic: Davis, Hudson, Winslet, Streep, and McDormand are all Oscar winners. Only McDormand has the reviews that seem nod worthy THUS FAR when it comes to previous Oscar winners but I am suppose to dismiss Loren, who’s trailer is well received and was labelled Oscar nod worthy by those who’ve seen the film thus far??? You mention “logic”, but we do not have enough reviews to thus far to say who will actually get nominated. We are in the early stages of Award season and we basically only have trailers for the moment.

I am not saying Loren is officially in, but it would be foolish to dismiss her already based on “points” that I made.

McDormand seems to be the only LOCK to get nominated thus far based on how well her film is received and her history at the Oscars. Until we get more reviews, everyone else is fighting for a spot. Last time Viola was predicted to be a winner with just a trailer (Widows), she missed out at all award shows besides BAFTA. That means, we should wait, but not dismiss.

Case closed!

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Let us re-open the case because you are lacking evidence. If the reactions thus far all say that Loren is Oscar nod worthy, what other possible reactions are you looking for? What is a higher compliment than being labeled Oscar worthy? Are you expecting reviewers to say “she gave the greatest performance in cinema history”? What are you looking for? The reactions and my “points” have led me to believe the film and Loren will receive praise, the complete opposite of what you are saying. None of my reasons point to her film possibly having bad reviews. That doesn’t make any sense. I cannot guarantee the film will do well, but what we have thus far, sounds promising. Also, you say that there is no urge to nominate/award Loren and I gave you “points” that could very well back that up. Since we are on the topic: Davis, Hudson, Winslet, Streep, and McDormand are all Oscar winners. Only McDormand has the reviews that seem nod worthy THUS FAR when it comes to previous Oscar winners but I am suppose to dismiss Loren, who’s trailer is well received and was labelled Oscar nod worthy by those who’ve seen the film thus far??? You mention “logic”, but we do not have enough reviews to thus far to say who will actually get nominated. We are in the early stages of Award season and we basically only have trailers for the moment. I am not saying Loren is officially in, but it would be foolish to dismiss her already based on “points” that I made. McDormand seems to be the only LOCK to get nominated thus far based on how well her film is received and her history at the Oscars. Until we get more reviews, everyone else is fighting for a spot. Last time Viola was predicted to be a winner with just a trailer (Widows), she missed out at all award shows besides BAFTA. That means, we should wait, but not dismiss. Case closed!

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Let us re-open the case because you are lacking evidence.

If the reactions thus far all say that Loren is Oscar nod worthy, what other possible reactions are you looking for? What is a higher compliment than being labeled Oscar worthy? Are you expecting reviewers to say “she gave the greatest performance in cinema history”? What are you looking for? The reactions and my “points” have led me to believe the film and Loren will receive praise, the complete opposite of what you are saying. None of my reasons point to her film possibly having bad reviews. That doesn’t make any sense. I cannot guarantee the film will do well, but what we have thus far, sounds promising.

Also, you say that there is no urge to nominate/award Loren and I gave you “points” that could very well back that up. Since we are on the topic: Davis, Hudson, Winslet, Streep, and McDormand are all Oscar winners. Only McDormand has the reviews that seem nod worthy THUS FAR when it comes to previous Oscar winners but I am suppose to dismiss Loren, who’s trailer is well received and was labelled Oscar nod worthy by those who’ve seen the film thus far??? You mention “logic”, but we do not have enough reviews to thus far to say who will actually get nominated. We are in the early stages of Award season and we basically only have trailers for the moment.

I am not saying Loren is officially in, but it would be foolish to dismiss her already based on “points” that I made.

McDormand seems to be the only LOCK to get nominated thus far based on how well her film is received and her history at the Oscars. Until we get more reviews, everyone else is fighting for a spot. Last time Viola was predicted to be a winner with just a trailer (Widows), she missed out at all award shows besides BAFTA. That means, we should wait, but not dismiss.

Case closed!

Expecting the same type of raves I saw Antonio Banderas, Charlotte Rampling, Isabelle Huppert, Emmanuelle Riva got. You know, the ones with actual passion and critics wins to get #1 votes and make it, which I have yet to see for Loren in this tight category.

LMFAOOOOOOO @ “Everybody else are Oscar winners/nominees too so its not like they are due either” as if that same narrative applies to them in each of their particular cases. “The trailer was well received” and it also has the lowest amount of views out of all of the contenders. All of their trailers were “well received” by that logic (if there even is any). I can see why y’all fell for Clayton Davis’ “tea” because you have the same awful rhetorics and defenses he has. You been here this long and still don’t know how to argue or create decent points. At all.

And that Widows mention, LMFAO, because a crime thriller is the same as a baity biopic. Please, get some range to actually convince me that this is legit and not a projection of “I want Loren/Kirby/Mulligan to be nominated so I’m just gonna say anything and hope it sticks” because that’s exactly what you look like. STUCK.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Actually Bee and Luca perfectly explained why it’d be hard for Loren to get in, y’all were the ones fuming not the other way around. I assumed you guys stanned and wanted her to happen just for that reason, so I didn’t go any further cause I know these forums.

If someone is doing too much it’s you, y’all literally jumped the second Bee pointed out the random arguments y’all brought up to justify a possible Loren’s nomination and they weren’t even lashing, everything Bee and Luca said made perfect sense. I mean some even compared that Loren film to Amour, a 95 MC best picture nominee lol.

That’s what Im saying. You compare Loren to fucking Emmanuelle Riva, when Amour WON PALME at Cannes, had a 95 MC (one of the best reviewed films of the decade), Michael Haneke’s breakthrough in American audiences (narrative), won big at top critics (LA and NSFC) and ultimately got 5 Oscar nods? And then whine and beg to be cradled when I say that’s a horrible comparison and completely an emotional reaction? Chile.

Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:

This thread is a mess. Still, AMY ADAMS for the win!!!!!!

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

This thread is a mess. Still, AMY ADAMS for the win!!!!!!

Damy is only one who can cut through the noise at this point.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Damn. None of these bitches’ movies is even out and you’re already tearing each others’ throats. Lol

This is the Best Actress thread in a nutshell. People go for blood here for some reason, and it makes every other thread look like a civil debate in comparison.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

This is the Best Actress thread in a nutshell. People go for blood here for some reason, and it makes every other thread look like a civil debate in comparison.

It’s tradition for sure. It’s just that, for example, during the Gaga-Close wars we started to knife each other around December. October is like a new frontier. But then again, this year has been anything but ordinary.

I just want the final lineup to be stronger than last year’s. Or the year before. The potential is there.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

for example, during the Gaga-Close wars we started to knife each other around December.

The irony though that the Gaga-Close wars happened (I wasn’t following the film side so much then) and then neither of them won.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG-l4X_jiPQ

I dedicate this song link to the people starting paragraph-long tantrums and arguments in this thread.

I get the drama here is half the appeal, but the Oscars are in April lmao. Pace yourself. There will be time to call people delusional stans or make outrageous claims yet. I probably will do these ahead truth be told.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.