Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 505 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
David
  • Profile picture
    lady_bird
    Topics:

Drama on the Best Actress thread? What’s new. It’s entertaining at times ngl 🤭

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Viola would be a much-deserving winner. As long as she or McDormand takes it, I’ll be content. That being said, her chances of doing well at the precursors are fairly high.

Based on past works or the Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom role? Wait till we see the film because that trailer seriously underwhelmed. The transformation aside, that doesn’t seem like a baity role

I STAN Lady Gaga and Roddy Ricch

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Sophia Loren looks better than some presumed frontrunners in that trailer and she’s so cute and strong like she’s in her late 60s. It’s just that the projects of the others seem to be bigger. I don’t think she’s getting in because it’s not always just about the performance

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

Based on past works or the Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom role? Wait till we see the film because that trailer seriously underwhelmed. The transformation aside, that doesn’t seem like a baity role

Don’t tell me what to do. Viola looks brilliant from that trailer. I said she would be a well-deserved winner. Would you like me to say it again? She. Would. Be. A. Well. Deserved. Winner.

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Minari

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

For someone who’s seen Viola Davis on the TV screen for the last six years, watching her just let loose and have fun in the Ma Rainey’s trailer was stunning. They probably left out her biggest scenes from the movie — as they should — but how does that mean she underwhelmed? I hope she blows us away.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

But the fat suit isn’t her fault… Just a reminder: A week after Ma Rainey’s wrapped, she had to go back to playing Annalise. She couldn’t put on all this weight and lose it in a week.

But I found it convincing anyway.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lmfao @ this classic self-victimization. You’ve seen actual trolls and toxic stans run around the Emmy forums and was complicit in that but only “call out toxicity” when someone tells you to stop being so reactionary and actually learn how to construct a decent argument to actually not make yourself look lost? Save the whining, chile. Over 11k posts just to cry to me over something I don’t care about? Which is your feelings over acting ignorant? All these essays and not one of them passed.

You know what myself and other users have tried to actual speak to you in a proper and decent manner but instead you’re acting like a spoilt 19 year old who didn’t graduate high school.

Firstly you need to open up a dictionary and find the definition of reactionary because you don’t actually seem to know what that means and secondly what actual trolls and toxic stans are you even talking about? Stop this whataboutery and claiming that I’m some sort of hypocrite because I called out your toxic behaviour on here.

You have just spoken aggressively on this thread, accused users of so many things that Tolstoy is fuming and then when users start to kindly clarify with you different things YOU START TALKING WITH CAPITAL LETTERS, start using exclamation!!!! marks randomly!!!!! in!!! sentences and then start to say that they’re in the wrong.

This forum is meant to be for people to talk about film and tv, theatre and music and all the awards that come in between. So what if people like to post on here more often than others? It’s doesn’t show any toxicity at all.

Don’t even bother responding to this post because you’re going on my ignore list and I won’t see it. Maybe you should seek professional help too.

Its frankly no surprise that the person who has been consistently supporting your attacks and aggressive behaviour is none other than that Kord/Cuaron Yalitza account back in the form of Kalinda from The Good Wife.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

But the fat suit isn’t her fault… Just a reminder: A week after Ma Rainey’s wrapped, she had to go back to playing Annalise. She couldn’t put on all this weight and lose it in a week. But I found it convincing anyway.

The teeth wasnt Malek’s fault but he got killed for it. Davis is doing what Malek, lip syncing. She gets love while he was and still is crucified. Bias everywhere.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Bullshit. Malek didn’t only get crucified for lip-syncing. He got crucified because his movie was trash and his performance mediocre

Lip syncing performances don’t automatically have to be trashed when the actor can actually act, just ask Angela Bassett and Marion Cotillard. And I’m pretty sure Viola will achieve the same thing

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Davis is doing what Malek, lip syncing.

Umm no. Davis has actually recorded her own vocals for Ma Rainey (although admittedly she hasn’t recorded all her vocals and her vocals have been mixed with someone else’s. Malek literally “tried” to lip sync and kind of failed in that movie.

Comparing the two is offensive to Davis’ talent and skill.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The Davis hate here. I can’t.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Poor Venessa Kirby. She’s seriously underestimated here just because she’s not a huge star. At this point, Kirby should be the frontrunner. I mean her performance has been seen by critics who praised her and she’s won a great award already. She should be ahead of everyone with the odds. Frances McDormand should be second.

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

Just gonna say that personally I think Glenn has a better chance of winning Lead Actress than Amy (i.e. beating Viola/Frances). I just can’t see Amy winning this category, especially after some of the critics reactions. In fact, I think Amy would stand a better chance of winning in Supporting. This is ofc only if the choice is made to switch the submissions we have all assumed so far.

rubbish

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Ermm. Maybe I’m the only one who still likes Rami Malek in Bohemian Rhapsody. He wasn’t the best in the category, but he remains a worthy winner IMO. Bradley Cooper was my pick, but Malek was good too

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.