Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 496 through 505 (of 505 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
David
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

The teeth wasnt Malek’s fault but he got killed for it. Davis is doing what Malek, lip syncing. She gets love while he was and still is crucified. Bias everywhere.

Malek’s win was one of AMPAS’ most monumental failures of the last decade but not because he was lip-syncing; it’s because his performance was subpar and Bohemian Fucksody was a shit film. Simple as that.

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Minari

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

The teeth wasnt Malek’s fault but he got killed for it. Davis is doing what Malek, lip syncing. She gets love while he was and still is crucified. Bias everywhere.

Performances in full-on biopics will always be held to a different standard. It does not have anything to do with Viola imo.

Just this year, Ma Rainey’s or ONIM are not biopics for instance. The focus on those stories goes beyond the characters and their lives.

Profile picture
    deaetee
    Topics:

I’ve only been here for 2 years, and Best Actress thread is still the most chaotic and messy thread on this forum lmaooo

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Poor Venessa Kirby. She’s seriously underestimated here just because she’s not a huge star. At this point, Kirby should be the frontrunner. I mean her performance has been seen by critics who praised her and she’s won a great award already. She should be ahead of everyone with the odds. Frances McDormand should be second.

If she wins the Globe I can’t wait for people to start claiming they weren’t ruling her out and that people who we’re saying they were underestimating her were just over-stanning lol.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

But the fat suit isn’t her fault… Just a reminder: A week after Ma Rainey’s wrapped, she had to go back to playing Annalise. She couldn’t put on all this weight and lose it in a week.

But I found it convincing anyway.

So did I, Luca. I also don’t know how it can be determined that the fat suit didn’t look “convincing” in less than 3 minutes of footage. It looked perfectly legit to me, but to each of their own . Secondly, the woman professed to having gotten up to 200 lbs of her own weight, and they used the fat suit, to suit the rest of the body. It’s no secret that Ma Rainey tipped the scale around 300 lbs, so yes she had help in the way of a suit. But, it’s a transformation anyway you slice it.

The lipsynch argument is quite a reach at this point as many performers have in motion pictures, and her backup people have been very savvy and smart to place emphasis on the fact that though Viola did contribute vocals, she did have assistance, and they have made no hesitation about admitting that. Bottom line, her campaign has already started, and they’re not throwing any fake punches!

With that being said, has ANYONE heard of any rumblings about when the damn movie will screen for critics?! Lol

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

If she wins the Globe I can’t wait for people to start claiming they weren’t ruling her out and that people who we’re saying they were underestimating her were just over-stanning lol.

Honestly, I can’t believe a lot of people here don’t see her as a major contender at this point. Her performance and that McDormand are the only ones raved at this point. She’s a threat. I’m not saying she’s getting nominated or winning for sure, but she should be the frontrunner for now till we hear about the other performances

I STAN Lady Gaga and Roddy Ricch

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Her performance and that McDormand are the only ones raved at this point. She’s a threat. I’m not saying she’s getting nominated or winning for sure, but she should be the frontrunner for now till we hear about the other performances

I mean of course there is the curse of winning TIFF’s critics list (i.e. when Hawkins won she lost the Oscar to McDormand) but people keep acting like even critics support will be a hurdle for her because of McDormand when we’ve just seen her win a critics award over Frances.

Like you said hers and McDormand’s performances (and Mulligan’s too) are ones that are being raved as being career best by critics right now. I’m rooting for Amy and Viola and I think they’re getting in but it wasn’t so long ago when people were convinced Winslet was winning her second Lead Oscar this year or that Michelle Pfeiffer was a lock for the Comedy/Musical Globe (an award that now has like 5 potential winners).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    TheVincentSpace
    Topics:

I’ve only been here for 2 years, and Best Actress thread is still the most chaotic and messy thread on this forum lmaooo

We are gays btw.

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

Honestly, I can’t believe a lot of people here don’t see her as a major contender at this point. Her performance and that McDormand are the only ones raved at this point. She’s a threat. I’m not saying she’s getting nominated or winning for sure, but she should be the frontrunner for now till we hear about the other performances

She is very high in the odds so plenty of people do see her as a strong contender, save for the vocal minority that feels the need to constantly declare how low Kirby’s chances are

rubbish

Viewing 10 posts - 496 through 505 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.