Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 505 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
David
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

lol. I’d rather have Viola Davis winning a historic second Oscar than Amy Adams winning her first at this point

FYC:

Riz Ahmed- Best Actor for Sound Of Metal
    Daniel Kaluuya - Best Supporting Actor for Judas and the Black Messiah
    Amanda Seyfried - Best Supporting Actress for Mank

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

BAFTAs might want to cover their bases after the way they pathetically sidelined every single performer of color last year by finally giving Lead Actress to a woman of color, for the first time ever ? Just considering

And this is plausible it’s just that it will be very historic if they did so. Like I said not even DDL has won another BAFTA in the space of 4 years.

I’m not saying she won’t win BAFTA but if Adams does end up winning the Globe for example or something early on and has some heat I don’t see how BAFTA passes on someone who has almost amassed the same amount of nominations as Maggie Smith in 21 years in the space of 12 years and still not won.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

And this is plausible it’s just that it will be very historic if they did so. Like I said not even DDL has won another BAFTA in the space of 4 years. I’m not saying she won’t win BAFTA but if Adams does end up winning the Globe for example or something early on and has some heat I don’t see how BAFTA passes on someone who has almost amassed the same amount of nominations as Maggie Smith in 21 years in the space of 12 years and still not won.

I keep saying that whoever wins the Drama Globe will go all the way through anyway. If Adams wins the Globe, she’s easily winning BAFTA. But if Viola does, I don’t see them randomly deviating

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

While I’m not sure if she’ll be able to win again so soon after her first, it’s been done before and Viola looks great in that trailer. For now I’m gonna stick with Adams in the top spot, but I may wind up switching to Davis.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Ma Raney’s trailer gave me chills, whew! It doesn’t matter if  Viola or Amy win this, it’s a win win situation for me and that’s all I care about.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Here for Damy vs Viola.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Viola is going to sweep.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

While I’m not sure if she’ll be able to win again so soon after her first, it’s been done before and Viola looks great in that trailer. For now I’m gonna stick with Adams in the top spot, but I may wind up switching to Davis.

Yeah me too. If that’s her really singing then it just adds on to how great she seems in the trailer.

Considering we now know Pieces of a Woman is coming in time for Oscars season  (Kirby just did an acting Oscars contenders roundtable with THR with Riz Ahmed, Rachel Brosnahan, Julia Garner, Elizabeth Moss and Carry Mulligan) I wonder if we’re seeing a trailer drop for that soon too.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Yeah me too. If that’s her really singing then it just adds on to how great she seems in the trailer.

it’s partly her, and partly another vocalist. Deadline have an article from earlier today. Viola has mentioned before that she’s not a particularly strong singer.

However, she does enough of her own singing to qualify for the Grammy should it be submitted and win – if I remember it correctly.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Viola did not gain weight, sweat like James Brown, and put on those B.A.P.S. gold grillz to lose to a hillbilly 😂

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way people think it’s Viola vs Amy only based on a trailer.

I mean I understand why but like some studios haven’t even released trailers for their films yet (Pieces of a Woman, Billie Holliday) and we haven’t gotten to the critics awards yet.

Question will Kirby and Mulligan even be eligible for the critics awards if their films come out Christmas and later or will they be fine because of their festival runs?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

We cannot wait.

https://twitter.com/marcmalkin/status/1318273472158605312?s=19

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Am I the only one who wasn’t really impressed by this trailer? Like, Viola looked good, but not outstanding… my girl 🙁 Chadwick Boseman looked incredible and was the highlight of that trailer! Amy Adams is still #1 for me I think…

But hey, we have just seen trailers for both so let’s see!

Profile picture
    Monty
    Topics:

At this point I am rooting for Adams. Everyone is complaining about Close losing on her 7th nominations. This would be Adams’s 7th if she gets nominated. Why is no one upset about that?

Profile picture
    Someonelikeme
    Topics:

So glad we have the trailer for Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom! Come on, Queen Viola! I’m loving all the names circling for best actress nominations and possible wins!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.