Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 505 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
David
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

At this point does Frances even stand a chance at winning? Obviously she could still win the Globe and sweep but to me (when it comes to the win) right now Kirby, Adams, Davis and Day seem likelier to win.

Of course Frances is the likeliest for the nomination but idk about the win.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Vanessa Kirby is definitely not getting snubbed at the Critics Choice Awards.

She’s literally winning there very easily if she wins the Globe. EVEN if the person who wins the Comedy Globe is as acclaimed.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I never thought Frances stood a chance, especially after hearing about the type of performance she gives. I honestly think, atm, Davis and Adams are best positioned.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

At this point does Frances even stand a chance at winning? Obviously she could still win the Globe and sweep but to me (when it comes to the win) right now Kirby, Adams, Davis and Day seem likelier to win. Of course Frances is the likeliest for the nomination but idk about the win.

The 3 Oscars club is extremely selective and this might not be her time just yet

It’s giving Carol teas. Will 100% get nominated everywhere, deserves to win on performance alone but doesn’t because they don’t just give a 3rd Oscar like that. Nicholson waited 15 years, Streep 29 and Day-Lewis had the baitiest performance ever

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I never thought Frances stood a chance, especially after hearing about the type of performance she gives. I honestly think, atm, Davis and Adams are best positioned.

I think Nomadland is better positioned to win Picture and Director than Actress. Although Frances’ nomination might just help her get no.3 next year for Macbeth.

At this point it’s really between one of the three Netflix ladies (Adams, Davis and Kirby) imo. They all have something for and against them (internals say Adams is less of a priority than Kirby, Davis won very recently, Kirby’s film seems a non-factor outside S. Actress, Actress and Cinematography). The only way Netflix loses is if they prioritise them equally for the win although I am expecting they will prioritise whomever wins the Drama Globe (provided an actress from one of their films wins the Drama Globe lol).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Nicholson waited 15 years, Streep 29 and Day-Lewis had the baitiest performance ever

I think she’s more likely to DDL next year with Macbeth than this year. Lady Macbeth is a very baity role and she will have waited the same amount of time as he did between his last two wins.

Of course had she not won for Three Billboards we would be having a completely different conversation and she would have been winning this very easily imo.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

I think she’s more likely to DDL next year with Macbeth than this year. Lady Macbeth is a very baity role and she will have waited the same amount of time as he did between his last two wins. Of course had she not won for Three Billboards we would be having a completely different conversation and she would have been winning this very easily imo.

100% here for her winning for Macbeth. Like I said, she’s gonna eat that role

Let her lose for Nomadland while solidifying her case for next year

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

At this point I am rooting for Adams. Everyone is complaining about Close losing on her 7th nominations. This would be Adams’s 7th if she gets nominated. Why is no one upset about that?

Well Adams never came close to Glenn’s level for any of her nominations, and was maybe only iconic for her first, and none of Glenn’s nominations were coattail either. It’s not Amy’s fault she was never the star of her nominated projects except for Junebug.

FYC:

Antonio Banderas and Asier Etxeandia, Dolor y Gloria (Best Actor/Supporting Actor)
    Emily Beecham, Little Joe (Best Actress)
    Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren, The Good Liar (Best Actor/Actress)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ve been struggling to decide who I am rooting for but I think it has to be someone to win their first Lead Oscar this year.

Amy, Carey, Frances, Viola and Vanessa would be the dream lineup. Make it happen Academy!

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Well Adams never came close to Glenn’s level for any of her nominations, and was maybe only iconic for her first, and none of Glenn’s nominations were coattail either. It’s not Amy’s fault she was never the star of her nominated projects except for Junebug.

Well, that’s because THE role she was supposed to be nominated and probably win was for Arrival but they snubbed her. Her best performance in her best film… probably in one of the best sci-fi movie ever. What a shame.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I think she’s more likely to DDL next year with Macbeth than this year. Lady Macbeth is a very baity role and she will have waited the same amount of time as he did between his last two wins. Of course had she not won for Three Billboards we would be having a completely different conversation and she would have been winning this very easily imo.

DDL Oscars are all Lead, yes?

I think there’s a strong chance McDormand goes Supporting next year for Macbeth – after the first half Lady Macbeth really only has one big moment (the ‘out damned spot’ soliloquy). She will be the lead female character but depending on how they play it Supporting may fit best.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

DDL Oscars are all Lead, yes? I think there’s a strong chance McDormand goes Supporting next year for Macbeth – after the first half Lady Macbeth really only has one big moment (the ‘out damned spot’ soliloquy). She will be the lead female character but depending on how they play it Supporting may fit best.

yeah but it’s directed by her husband so I’m sure he’ll slightly shift the narrative to give her more screen time if necessary. And even if it is more Denzel focused she can still win if the performance is showy enough eg Anthony Hopkins in silence of the lambs with his 20ish minute screen time.

FYC:

Best Actress: Viola Davis (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
    Best Actor: Anthony Hopkins (The Father)
    Best Supporting Actress: Ellen Burstyn (Pieces of a Woman)
    Best Supporting Actor: Leslie Odom Jr. (One Night in Miami)

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

yeah but it’s directed by her husband so I’m sure he’ll slightly shift the narrative to give her more screen time if necessary. And even if it is more Denzel focused she can still win if the performance is showy enough eg Anthony Hopkins in silence of the lambs with his 20ish minute screen time.

Oh I know it is, and I know she can – but if they’re aiming for 2022 awards season every category is going to be stacked because of so much being delayed. Very different scenario from Hopkins winning.

Unless she’s absolutely undeniable it may be hard for them to get her in Lead with like 40% screen time.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

At this point I am rooting for Adams. Everyone is complaining about Close losing on her 7th nominations. This would be Adams’s 7th if she gets nominated. Why is no one upset about that?

Oh people are upset. Just go to Twitter or YouTube. The amount of people that think she’s the most overdue actress alive is… appauling. She’s an amazing actress and definitely should be an Oscar winner by now, but lets not pretend some of her nominations aren’t coattails. The only coattail nomination for Glenn was probably The Natural. And even that one is debatable considering Kim Basinger was the expected nominee. Glenn also has a career full of iconic performances and characters. Amy is still young and has a full career ahead of her. Glenn is already in her 70s and the fact Hollywood gives the roles for people her age to Meryl Streep, doesn’t help either.

Profile picture
    Dirkdeeks
    Topics:

Hudson vs Davis

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.