Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 30)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 30)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 495 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Monsoon 🌊
Luca
  • Profile picture
    SDoesNotKnow504
    Topics:

There’s still a chance The US vs BH has a visibility problem. Of course missing the BAFTA, AACTA and crafts shortlists isn’t good, but as mentioned before here, actors are the ones who’ll decide. The Globe+CC combo scored nominations in the past, so I still think Day is still a possibility.

From what I heard from people who watched it, the visibility problem is probably what is helping her get nominated. Right now, she’s a lot of hype and people believing she’s Billie Holiday. The small sample of people who I know who have watched the film are ok with leaving her out.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Hollywood Repórter roundtable – Glenn Close, Andra Day, Vanessa Kirby, Carey Mulligan, Kate Winslet and Zendaya.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/actress-roundtable-zendaya-kate-winslet-carey-mulligan-vanessa-kirby-andra-day-and-glenn-close-on-supporting-other-women-without-judgment

Carey Mulligan is coming. The winner is always in the roundtable.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

People, Vanessa Kirby is just 32… No need to worry about her yet😂 Let’s worry about Glennie instead

Glennie is so thirsty 😂😂🤣.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

I think I’ll predict Flanigan just because of that Boston thing lol

I’ll switch to Andra again if the reviews don’t turn out to be that bad (unlikely)

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    SDoesNotKnow504
    Topics:

I’ll only switch to Day if she shockingly wins GG or something.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

These two really did not give a FUCK, chile we have to stan

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I am excited!!! If she gets the Oscar, it will be a moment. A young actress who commits to the work and is highly respected in the film industry and the audience loves her. Just like Lupes ❤️

I think Carey does not even have an Instagram. I stan a low-profile Queen. There’s something very refreshing about her.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I am so excited because, as a result of Promising Young Woman, Mulligan is going to get a lot of roles outside rosy cheeks English period dramas and be more in the conversation later on regardless of whether she wins or not. It’s what she deserves for playing against the type and challenging herself with Cassie.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Glennie is so thirsty 😂😂🤣.

Bitch, I would be too. Like, enough is enough.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I am so excited because, as a result of Promising Young Woman, Mulligan is going to get a lot of roles outside rosy cheeks English period dramas and be more in the conversation later on regardless of whether she wins or not. It’s what she deserves for playing against the type and challenging herself with Cassie.

She needs to do a thriller in a villainous role. (if someone calls her the villain in PYW, they’re dead)

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Carey Mulligan has more votes and Viola is still number 1??. We know she’s buying that number 1 spot to fool people into thinking she’s a frontrunner. I’m telling ya.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Carey Mulligan has more votes and Viola is still number 1??. We know she’s buying that number 1 spot to buy the perception that she’s a frontrunner. I’m telling ya.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Been wanting to see Carey in a musical since I first watched Shame. I NEED that to happen.

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Adams has SAG and nothing else. Even if she lands BAFTA, the SAG+BAFTA combo didn’t translate on nominations in the past. But HE is such an unusual contender that I wouldn’t be surprised if she could overcome that. And as wolfali said, if Glenn is really the winner, Adams could be a coattail nominee. The fact SAG nominated her when she’s not campaigning is a sign that could happen.

SAG and BAFTA are the only precursors that include Oscar voters. Meaning that the support for an Adams nomination is theoretically there, as opposed to Day. There have been people in the past who have gotten an Oscar nomination with just a SAG nomination.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 495 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 30)’ is closed to new replies.