Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 601 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
7 days ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
Monsoon 🌊
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I did think Carey gave by far, my most favorite performance of the year. I am still not too convinced of her winning though… Violas narrative and her star power is too hard to ignore. But Carey movie and her performance itself is getting very good acclaim and buzz.. It’s a 50/50 for me right now (if anyone else feels the same)

I get the doubt. That being said, the passion for Carey is too strong to ignore as well. I really think that there’s more passion for her than Viola. I’m not just talking about Twitter, I’m not just talking about critics. PYW is a more well-liked movie amongst audiences at least and people are really taken by Carey. And I think we’re underestimating the fact that AMPAS is warming up to genre movies. Parasite, Joker, Black Panther, Get Out, etc. Carey’s got a lot of support. Maybe even more than we already know she does. I just can’t help but think she’s got the most people rallying behind her.

FYC:
    Carey Mulligan for Best Actress
    Riz Ahmed for Best Actor
    Amanda Seyfried for Best Supporting Actress
    Daniel Kaluuya for Best Supporting Actor

Profile picture
    TVLUVAH
    Topics:

If I could pick the final five, they would be:

Viola Davis, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Vanessa Kirby, Pieces of a Woman
    Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman
    Meryl Streep, The Prom
    Robin Wright, Land

My current predix as of like right now:
    Viola
    Carey
    Vanessa
    Frances
    and…
    Andra Day? (Honestly who the heck knows anymore!)

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Well clearly the Actor’s branch had more passion for Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom. It got in Ensemble while PYM didn’t. That seems to be a more relevant indicator than what critics or GD users/Film Twitter thinks. This supposed passion for Carey is being greatly over exaggerated to stroke the ego of her stans.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Well clearly the Actor’s branch had more passion for Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom. It got in Ensemble while PYM didn’t. That seems to be a more relevant indicator than what critics or GD users/Film Twitter thinks. This supposed passion for Carey is being greatly over exaggerated to stroke the ego of her stans.

Well… no. PYW is Carey’s show and the ensemble “snub” I saw coming a million miles away.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom is a tue ensemble movie, Promising Young Woman is not. The movie is carried by Carey the entire time. The other actors have glorified cameos in it. Bo is the only other true supporting character in it but he isn’t anything special either. And funny you brought ensemble up, last year the only acting win to be in an ensemble nominee was Brad Pitt. So, your argument is already flawed.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Wanna know what else didn’t make Ensemble? Joker. La La Land. The Revenant. Room. I, Tonya. Green Book. Marriage Story. The Blind Side. Was PYW really a lock in Ensemble anyway? Sure, it was in contention and I predicted it, but it’s mainly just Carey. She’s also the only person who can possibly get a nomination for that movie. You’re actually gonna tell me that passion for an ensemble or film is the same as passion for a single performance? Please. If that were true, Glenn Close wouldn’t be anywhere near winning conversation

FYC:
    Riz Ahmed for Best Actor

Profile picture
    AniAbbina
    Topics:

My predictions

1. Carey Mulligan
    2. Frances McDormand
    3. Viola Davis
    4. Vanessa Kirby
    5. Andra Day

What I want

1. Carey Mulligan
    2. Vanessa Kirby
    3. Nicole Beharie
    4. Viola Davis
    5. Andra Day (or Meryl)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Some are going to predict Viola; others are going to predict Carey. Can’t we just leave it at that? You are not going to convince each other anyway. Stick by your prediction and see who is right on Sunday. Period.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Carey Mulligan Frances McDormand Viola Davis Vanessa Kirby Andra Day

I think this is probably our 5 in this order. This makes a lot of sense

FYC:
    Riz Ahmed for Best Actor

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Well according to you PYM has such a passionate following amongst audiences (which is an exaggeration at best). So if that’s the case, it should’ve made the Ensemble line up. But it didn’t. 🤷🏾‍♂️

👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Well according to you PYM has such a passionate following amongst audiences (which is an exaggeration at best). So if that’s the case, it should’ve made the Ensemble line up. But it didn’t. 🤷🏾‍♂️

WHAT?! Joker was a huge audience hit and didn’t get into ensemble either. Your takes keep getting delusional. BYE FELICIA!!!

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

monsoon is the most fucking delusional user on this site, holy shit. worse than kord.

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Promising Young Woman

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

WHAT?! Joker was a huge audience hit and didn’t get into ensemble either. Your takes keep getting delusional. BYE FELICIA!!!

I can smell the fumes from here. LOL! My takes must’ve triggered you. Can’t handle a different opinion? That’s on you estrelASS.

👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

monsoon is the most fucking delusional user on this site, holy shit. worse than kord.

Yet you’re the user who thinks Boseman isn’t sweeping and attacks a deceased man’s performance on a regular basis. Delusional, biased, hateful, & less than smart.

👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I can smell the fumes from here. LOL! My takes must’ve triggered you. Can’t handle a different opinion? That’s on you estrelASS.

I’m not fuming darling. I’m justing tired of reading so much stupidity and delusion. You say Carey stans are over the top and use delusional takes, but yours are on a whole different level of delusion. It’s nuts. And if I’m an ass, you’re a hole. Take care.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 601 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)’ is closed to new replies.