Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 601 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
7 days ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
Monsoon 🌊
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I can smell the fumes from here. LOL! My takes must’ve triggered you. Can’t handle a different opinion? That’s on you estrelASS.

It’s not the fact that you have a different opinion, it’s the fact that your arguments are so easily refutable. You’re like the Dave Rubin of Gold Derby right now

FYC:
    Carey Mulligan for Best Actress
    Riz Ahmed for Best Actor
    Amanda Seyfried for Best Supporting Actress
    Daniel Kaluuya for Best Supporting Actor

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

I’m not fuming darling. I’m justing tired of reading so much stupidity and delusion. You say Carey stans are over the top and use delusional takes, but yours are on a whole different level of delusion. It’s nuts.

Tired? Take a nap. Sick of reading MY opinion? Press the ignore button. But clearly you haven’t because you enjoy antagonizing & shaming people who have a different POV.

You might have an old lady as your profile pic but you clearly aren’t mature. Your takes don’t add anything to the discourse bedsides further tension. And I love knowing that it bothers you 😉

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

It’s not the fact that you have a different opinion, it’s the fact that your arguments are so easily refutable. You’re like the Dave Rubin of Gold Derby right now

It’s not the fact that you have a different POV, it’s just that you’re a delusional Carey Mulligan stan who over exaggerates reality in order to further push the narrative of her winning.

Not a single award has been given yet. So until then stop D riding those whose opinions you oppose.

👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

It’s not the fact that you have a different POV, it’s just that you’re a delusional Carey Mulligan stan who over exaggerates reality in order to further push the narrative of her winning. Not a single award has been given yet. So until then stop D riding those whose opinions you oppose.

Hello, Pot, my name is Kettle

FYC:
    Riz Ahmed for Best Actor

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Tired? Take a nap. Sick of reading MY opinion? Press the ignore button. But clearly you haven’t because you enjoy antagonizing & shaming people who have a different POV. You might have an old lady as your profile pic but you clearly aren’t mature. Your takes don’t add anything to the discourse bedsides further tension. And I love knowing that it bothers you 😉

Plsss. It this supposed to be taken seriously?! Okay girl… And it’s funny that you like to act like a know it all and you’re a very educated person, when you literally bash everyone else that isn’t Viola. And girl, your existence couldn’t be more irrelevant to me or anyone else here. You don’t bother me at all. And again, you’re in a movie forum with tons of different users. People are going to respond you, whether you like it or not. Take care.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

WHAT?! Joker was a huge audience hit and didn’t get into ensemble either. Your takes keep getting delusional. BYE FELICIA!!!

Joker is a one man show.

PYW has a very large cast with well known performers. There is no reason for this to have missed in place of something like Minari.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Joker is a one man show.

PYW has a very large cast with well known performers. There is no reason for this to have missed in place of something like Minari.

[/quote

I love Joker but I was in disbelief when it won best casting at the Baftas, I thought this was a category similar to ensemble or am i wrong?

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Joker is a one man show.

You clearly don’t understand what a good ensemble performance is about.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Joker is a one man show. PYW has a very large cast with well known performers. There is no reason for this to have missed in place of something like Minari.

Joker had Robert fucking De Niro. Along with rising star Zazie Beetz and various TV actors. Some of those people in PYW had one or two scenes in the movie. Connie Britton, Alfred Molina, Adam Brody, Chris Lowell. And even if I grant you this point, that category was very competitive. Mank, The Prom, Judas, and even Hillbilly Elegy were vying for a spot. I mean, Marriage Story fell out in favor of Parasite. Thereby shutting out Knives Out and other possibilities.

FYC:
    Riz Ahmed for Best Actor

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Precursor Predictions:
    GG Drama = Mulligan
    GG C/M = Bakalova
    SAG = Davis
    CC = McDormand
    BAFTA = Mulligan
    Indie = Mulligan

👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

You clearly don’t understand what a good ensemble performance is about.

I 100% understand what I good ensemble performance is. PYW should have easily gotten in. Well known cast, large ensemble. Over the likes of Minari and One Night in Miami (both unknown casts).

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I 100% understand what I good ensemble performance is. PYW should have easily gotten in. Well known cast, large ensemble. Over the likes of Minari and One Night in Miami (both unknown casts).

LOL none of this is what a good ensemble performance is about.

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

I wouldn’t necessarily say PYW had a 100% well known cast. MAYBE but not that large ensemble.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Minari and One Night In Miami… have a very good ensemble and have a good amount of incredible and Oscar worthy perofrmances in it. Both are movies that are driven by its ensemble cast. PYW is literally carried by Carey from start to finish and the ensemble (outside of Bo) is basically glorified cameos put together. Having unknown or famous people in it doesn’t mean anything. Last year OUATIH lost ensemble to a Korean movie full of unknowns, despite half of Hollywood being in that movie.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Then why did Parasite beat Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and The Irishman?

FYC:
    Riz Ahmed for Best Actor

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 601 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)’ is closed to new replies.