Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 590 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
Monsoon 🌊
  • Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Please not W saying Gal Gadot gave one of the performances of the year… https://www.instagram.com/wmag/ At least putting Ahmed, Kirby, Odom-Jr., Stanfield and Yeun in that group when it comes to performances of the year makes sense because they did deliver great or excellent performances. Most of the rest (I mean Clooney lmao?) is a mess though lol.

Studios obviously pay for that kind of covers

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

Come on Sunday and get here……….

Profile picture
    Justmimusicmon
    Topics:

I really have to laugh at people who think Viola has good chance to win the Globe. I mean girl is going to the Golden Globe with 0 momentum, 0 wins and completely in the shadows of Chadwick Boseman with a film that got just 2 nominations.

1. Carey Mulligan
    2. Francés McDormand

3. Viola Davis

She can pull an upset, but that’s what it’ll be an upset. She’s really in the worst position of the three.

Whatever you smoke please pass me some. 0 wins? What wins? Critic wins? Which have nothing to do with a HFPA voter whatsoever but you tried it. Momentum?! Her buzz has not died and she’s been in the conversation since the award seasons began. Carey has only recently risen. Do your homework!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t feel like Viola is a threat to win anywhere. She may even end up fourth in some places.

I think she’s fourth at BAFTA (when it comes to the win if each of the top four get in) but I’m confident she’s second at SAG.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Justmimusicmon
    Topics:

You mean SAG ensemble right?

They said what they said..

Profile picture
    Justmimusicmon
    Topics:

I don’t feel like Viola is a threat to win anywhere. She may even end up fourth in some places.

Check your feelers they might be off. One place Viola Davis should NEVER be underestimated is the SAG Awards.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Check your feelers they might be off. One place Viola Davis should NEVER be underestimated is the SAG Awards.

haha that’s why I said “some places”, she’s obviously a force at SAG

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    Justmimusicmon
    Topics:

haha that’s why I said “some places”, she’s obviously a force at SAG

Thanks for your clarification. Let’s make it a great day! 😀

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What will be interesting to see is if an Oscar frontrunner for the win is snubbed at BAFTA. I think Mulligan and Davis are quite safe there and I think Boseman and Hopkins, Youn and Kaluuya are also quite safe but what if Close or Seyfried win the Globe and are snubbed at BAFTA by the jury? Or Sacha Baron Cohen?

Whilst the acting jury is choosing the six acting nominees in each category at BAFTA, the general membership is still voting on the winners so it will be interesting to see confirmation as to who might be second or in a chance with spoiling at the Oscars.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Justmimusicmon
    Topics:

What will be interesting to see is if an Oscar frontrunner for the win is snubbed at BAFTA. I think Mulligan and Davis are quite safe there and I think Boseman and Hopkins, Youn and Kaluuya are also quite safe but what if Close or Seyfried win the Globe and are snubbed at BAFTA by the jury? Or Sacha Baron Cohen?

Whilst the acting jury is choosing the six acting nominees in each category at BAFTA, the general membership is still voting on the winners so it will be interesting to see confirmation as to who might be second or in a chance with spoiling at the Oscars.

This is such a great point you raise wolfali. Especially, considering they have six slots. You my boo you just don’t know it yet. Lol

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I can see Kirby snubbed at BAFTA for some reason. She was snubbed for the Indie Spirit, which I think is the closest thing we have to the current BAFTA system.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Had a dream.

Kirby misses Oscar nom.

Viola, frances, carey, andra, amy adams

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Had a dream  nightmare.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Kirby misses Oscar nom.

Could see this happening.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Why? How? Who will take her place? Amy in a flop movie and 1 precursor nom, who couldn’t even get nominated for Arrival? The way Kirby has all of you pressed for some reason. And no, she’s not missing BAFTA as a former winner and a Brit with 6 available slots. End the delusion.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 590 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)’ is closed to new replies.