Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 590 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
Monsoon 🌊
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Why would Kirby miss at BAFTA? She gives a great performance, she’s British and firmly in the Oscar conversation.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I don’t know how Andra is getting it done, but she’s been doing extreme campaigning since the beginning of the year… I’d be on Zoom, camera off for all interviews by now. Props to her for that. Musicians do have a great amount of energy for all of this.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Kirby is not 100% safe and yes, Adams could be nominated instead of her. Amy was nominated for SAG when she’s not campaigning at all. She could be a coattail nomination of Glenn, even with SAG and nothing else.

That said, I’m not predicting that to happen and I’ll probably stick with the same Drama Globe lineup. But stop calling delusional us who recognize the possibility that Kirby could be snubbed.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Why would Kirby miss at BAFTA? She gives a great performance, she’s British and firmly in the Oscar conversation.

And an incredibly loud one at that which helps when it comes to BAFTA juries as evidenced by some of the choices we’ve seen them pick in the past on the television side.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Kirby is not 100% safe and yes, Adams could be nominated instead of her. Amy was nominated for SAG when she’s not campaigning at all. She could be a coattail nomination of Glenn, even with SAG and nothing else. That said, I’m not predicting that to happen and I’ll probably stick with the same Drama Globe lineup. But stop calling delusional us who recognize the possibility that Kirby could be snubbed.

Adams getting the nomination is the most explosive scenario I can think of for this forum. Don’t know if I’m afraid of the idea or secretly wishing for it to happen.
    At least we’ll know right away when the first name is mentioned.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Juries be juries. No one is safe.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I feel like in some cases that’s not true (for example I don’t see how Daniel Kaluuya would be snubbed with a performance that loud, transformative or showy) but I understand and agree with the sentiment to an extent. Time after time we’ve seen shocking snubs on the television side (see Richard Madden missing the nomination for Bodyguard whilst Keeley Hawes got nominated).

I think the nominations will be more mainstream and less indie than the television ones are but I am preparing myself for some surprise snubs in the acting categories at BAFTA. Even if I think the top 4 are fairly safe.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Had a dream. Kirby misses Oscar nom. Viola, frances, carey, andra, amy adams

If Kirby isn’t getting a nomination than neither is Andra.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

But don’t you think this would only help her? Unless the jurors all happen to dislike the movie, which I guess is possible.

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Gosh, y’all cannot go a day without claiming that Kirby will miss. Anyway here’s Miss Vanessa on the covers of The Wrap and W.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Gosh, y’all cannot go a day without claiming that Kirby will miss. Anyway here’s Miss Vanessa on the covers of The Wrap and W.

Her glamour!

I can’t wait for a couple of years time when Kirby actually ends up winning with a bigger project and this forum has a meltdown.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Kirby is not 100% safe and yes, Adams could be nominated instead of her. Amy was nominated for SAG when she’s not campaigning at all. She could be a coattail nomination of Glenn, even with SAG and nothing else.

That said, I’m not predicting that to happen and I’ll probably stick with the same Drama Globe lineup. But stop calling delusional us who recognize the possibility that Kirby could be snubbed.

The way it is delusional to think Amy could coattail to 4th place off of a Supporting nominee that’s only getting in for her personal narrative. Literally nonsensical to predict Amy and someone else to get the fifth spot while Kirby misses after getting all precursors.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

The way it is delusional to think Amy could coattail to 4th place off of a Supporting nominee that’s only getting in for her personal narrative. Literally nonsensical to predict Amy and someone else to get the fifth spot while Kirby misses after getting all precursors.

If Glenn was getting only in her personal narrative, Amy wouldn’t have been nominated for SAG. Some people on this forum are still in denial that there’s a sizable support for Hillbilly Elegy among the actors branch (largest one in the Academy). I hate this movie as much as anyone else here, but that’s the truth.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

If Glenn was getting only in her personal narrative, Amy wouldn’t have been nominated for SAG. Some people on this forum are still in denial that there’s a sizable support for Hillbilly Elegy among the actors branch (largest one in the Academy). I hate this movie as much as anyone else here, but that’s the truth.

Then predict Amy? Or stop with claiming a “sizeable support” for HE just to cover your bases in case she does get in. What makes you think Amy’s support exceeds Kirby, who has not only also made SAG, but also every other precursor.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Then predict Amy? Or stop with claiming a “sizeable support” for HE just to cover your bases in case she does get in. What makes you think Amy’s support exceeds Kirby, who has not only also made SAG, but also every other precursor.

Again, I’m predicting Kirby and not Adams, but it’s not logical to rule out Amy.

Having all precursors is not a guarantee that you’ll be nominated. Everybody knows that.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 590 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)’ is closed to new replies.