Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 590 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
Monsoon 🌊
  • Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Also not you trying to make me out to be HE denier when I spent an unnecessarily long time arguing with Moronsoon about why Amy is a contender for the fifth slot. What I don’t understand, because there is no rational explanation for it, is why some of y’all have been denying Kirby. First it was “she’s dead with no critic wins” then it was “she’ll be ignored at the televised” now it’s “she’ll be snubbed by AMPAS because my gran’s bad knee is sore from the rain”

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

This years Best Actress contenders are not strong enough for two people to get in over someone in an International hit and with a very strong performance. Almost everyone fighting for that 5th slot is either in flops (Amy, Andra, Kate, Sophia, Zendaya), underseen movies (Flanigan) or are borderline leads (Han). Vanessa is not a lock but she’s quite safe.

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Gosh, y’all cannot go a day without claiming that Kirby will miss. Anyway here’s Miss Vanessa on the covers of The Wrap and W.

What a beauty. And well spoken/articulate and very talented!

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Also not you trying to make me out to be HE denier when I spent an unnecessarily long time arguing with Moronsoon about why Amy is a contender for the fifth slot.

Thank you for making me a part of your narrative. I love the shout out and the nickname is creative. Kudos 😉

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Again, I’m predicting Kirby and not Adams, but it’s not logical to rule out Amy.

Having all precursors is not a guarantee that you’ll be nominated. Everybody knows that.

Kirby could easily miss like many other performances that were nominated at all precursors. The deniers are just fanboys.

McDormand, Mulligan, & Davis are the only locks IMO.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Gosh, y’all cannot go a day without claiming that Kirby will miss. Anyway here’s Miss Vanessa on the covers of The Wrap and W.

❤️💙💚 There’s not a single bad angle for her.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

If Glenn was getting only in her personal narrative, Amy wouldn’t have been nominated for SAG. Some people on this forum are still in denial that there’s a sizable support for Hillbilly Elegy among the actors branch (largest one in the Academy). I hate this movie as much as anyone else here, but that’s the truth.

Unless Amy wins, we don’t actually know that. There is support for her from 2000 people that were on the nomination committee at SAG. There is a difference.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I guess there’s a slim possibility that Kirby could miss: she’s certainly not as much of a lock as the other 3 since her film isn’t as strong. But who’s going to replace her? Right now it seems like everyone else is fighting for the 5th spot, and Kirby is very far ahead of all of them. Not to mention she’s basically made everything. I doubt she misses.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I just want this to be over.

I wonder, how will the ceremony go! They should have it at an outdoor stadium/arena.

Profile picture
    MHS83
    Topics:

Random thoughts:

I will preface by saying that I don’t care if anyone’s foolproof algorithm thinks that I am an idiot. If it will raise your self esteem by telling me I am stupid, knock yourself out.

1. A GD user with connections to actual voters in the past argued that from speaking to these voters he learned that one of the reasons Glenn Close did not win for Fatal Attraction is that the role hit a little too close to home for many of the middle aged men voters at the time. Wondering if the middle aged men of today might feel the same way about PYW.

2. In the absence of an undeniable frontrunner (think Shirley MacLaine undeniable) and not just a “she won the Greater Terre Haute Film Critics Circle Award therefore she’s going to take it all”, I wonder if Viola Davis could pull a Katherine Hepburn (1967 or 1981). She gets some votes on her own and also gets the votes of those who did not vote for her co-star and feel bad about it and emerges a winner.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

I just want this to be over.

I wonder, how will the ceremony go! They should have it at an outdoor stadium/arena.

That’s the plan, if I remember correctly. Multiple locations.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Andra is CAMPAIGNING the girls Downnnnnnnnnn. She has her heels on the knecks of every other campaign

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Andra is CAMPAIGNING the girls Downnnnnnnnnn. She has her heels on the knecks of every other campaign

3 slots are locked, so they don’t need to campaign lol.

Andras movie comes out Friday, so that makes sense.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Kate,

Not me reading this and thinking you were talking about Kate Hudson lmfao 💀💀💀💀💀

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I agree that I want this to be over and just start watching 2022 contenders but:

I watched Nomadland a 2nd time yesterday (I loved it the first time, even more the second time), and I honestly really do feel we might be underestimating McDormand. This particular performance seems to stand out beyond any “should we give her a 3rd Oscar?” question because we root so, so, so much for Fern. She’s withdrawn and muted but kind. We feel she’s a good person. We want her to have love! I mean, it’s a fucking excellent movie which I think is almost definitely winning but even outside that…McDormand could win!

I don’t know. I feel like any one of Mulligan, Davis or McDormand could eke out a win. It’s still a race, even if I think Mulligan’s ahead (I don’t like it, it just is)

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 590 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)’ is closed to new replies.