Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 590 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
Monsoon 🌊
  • Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Hey you guys!

Don’t forget, Sophia Loren for the Goldderby Film Awards.
    The 91% on Rotten Tomatoes, Top 10 in 37 countries, comeback film for Sophia Loren. Let’s honor this legend for her beautiful return to cinema!

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

True. But McDormand already has 2 oscars and won relatively recent and I suppose the industry may view Mulligan being in the more “feminist” film to reward.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

True. But McDormand already has 2 oscars and won relatively recent and I suppose the industry may view Mulligan being in the more “feminist” film to reward.

That makes sense, but it’s a little weird for your logic to only go to Mulligan. McDormand has the same check marks and we know that the academy has no problem rewarding someone so close to a previous win. Frances is also in the best picture frontrunner.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    lhdang2000
    Topics:

It’s funny to see people say,[spoiler] “She only wins because she dies” [/spoiler] when that was the only reason people hate Promising Young Woman besides conservatives who don’t even watch the movie. Some of you will try to say anything to discredit Mulligan.

I, as her supporter, find it unbelievable how she’s taken the top spot so quickly on people’s predictions and even here. Does the Golden Globes have that much power? I feel like people too quickly assume she’s the favorite here. At this point, I still think it’s between her and Davis, (I really doubt they’d give McDormand the third one for Fran, she may need a completely different role like Mulligan as Cassie to get one that quickly) and it’s too close to be certain.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

That makes sense, but it’s a little weird for your logic to only go to Mulligan. McDormand has the same check marks and we know that the academy has no problem rewarding someone so close to a previous win. Frances is also in the best picture frontrunner.

Maybe if Nomadland was released 5 years after this year, Frances would have been able to secure this Oscar easily. But the academy hardly rewards an actress a third Oscar considering how long it took for Meryl to secure her third one.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Maybe if Nomadland was released 5 years after this year, Frances would have been able to secure this Oscar easily. But the academy hardly rewards an actress a third Oscar considering how long it took for Meryl to secure her third one.

Not really a fair comparison. Nothing Meryl did between her wins was anything groundbreaking. Whereas, if McDormand were to win, it would be for 3 very different films.

Waltz and Ali won 3 years apart. Others have won back to back.

And at this point, we have no clue how the academy will respond to PYW.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Nothing frances has done is anything groundbreaking.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I’m not saying that Gaga is a perfect person but the amount of hatred that she gets from some on these forums is deranged.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Bad take alert!

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

I didn’t say anything about groundbreaking.

I said different.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Not really a fair comparison. Nothing Meryl did between her wins was anything groundbreaking. Whereas, if McDormand were to win, it would be for 3 very different films. Waltz and Ali won 3 years apart. Others have won back to back. And at this point, we have no clue how the academy will respond to PYW.

Meryl Streep deserved to win for at least twice before The Iron Lady happened. She even deserved another one after The Iron Lady. Nomadland was a bore for me, but Frances McDormand was fantastic in it. But she can’t get a third trophy easily

Andra Day should be winning Best Actress

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I didn’t say anything about groundbreaking. I said different.

you said Streep did nothing groundbreaking after Sophie’s Choice. Well, Nomadland isn’t a groundbreaking performance for McDormand

Andra Day should be winning Best Actress

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Have a weird feeling that Pike is in the top 8.

That weird feeling = she gives the performance of the year.

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

you said Streep did nothing groundbreaking after Sophie’s Choice. Well, Nomadland isn’t a groundbreaking performance for McDormand

Yes, I said Meryl didn’t do anything groundbreaking. I said Frances, if she were to win, would be for 3 very different characters. Once again, never said Frances did anything groundbreaking.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Meryl Streep deserved to win for at least twice before The Iron Lady happened. She even deserved another one after The Iron Lady. Nomadland was a bore for me, but Frances McDormand was fantastic in it. But she can’t get a third trophy easily

I gotta hear this. So which performances did Meryl deserve to win an additional 3 Oscars for?

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 590 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)’ is closed to new replies.