Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 590 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
Monsoon 🌊
  • Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

Wow… some people here are just plain nasty.  Just let me posted my final February prediction:</p>
    GOLDEN GLOBES:

Best Actress – Drama: Vanessa KirbyPieces Of A Woman or Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman. spoilers: Frances McDormandNomadland.

Best Actress – Comedy or Musical: Maria Bakalova, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm. spoilers: Rosamund Pike, I Care A Lot

SAG:

Frances McDormand, Nomadland or Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman. spoilers: Viola Davis, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom.

CRITIC’S CHOICE AWARDS:

Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman. spoilers: Frances McDormand, Nomadland.

OSCARS:

Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman

See you on March, after Globes Guys 🙂

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Really feel like Vanessa’s winning campaign has been almost completely abandoned. Netflix isn’t really confident in her anymore. Kinda makes me wonder if their priorities are elsewhere with getting wins for other films, other people, etc.

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

They seem to be pushing her more for the nomination than the win now.

In fact who are they even pushing for the win? It feels like they know it will go to one of McDormand or Mulligan and not to bother.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

The guy who sent that email about NRSA is prime example of the Academy still being old. Some will say it’s just one but in fact there is a large portion of people who think like him within the Academy. You get that feeling when you read anonymous ballots, these voters are quite obviously not in the millennials age range. Not promising for PYW if you ask me…

Thats why frances or viola will win

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Thats why frances or viola will win

Agreed. I think Mulligan can still eke it out but even if she wins the Globe, AMPAS will be much harder for her. If she was the undeniable frontrunner, OK. But Viola Davis and Frances McDormand are two huge threats & I’m leaning towards McDormand if, as I expect, Nomadland does really well with AMPAS.

Also: I think Day is great, but the (awful) letter to Eliza Hittman may be enough to have Sidney Flanigan surprise. If someone’s going to surprise, I’d put money on Flanigan.

Profile picture
    MultipleOscarWinner
    Topics:

I just watched Never Rarely Sometimes Always.

Sidney Flanigan’s chances of getting an Oscar nom are close to zero but nevertheless 100% of deserving it.

Her performance is what I expected from Frances in Nomadland. So raw, so good, so heartbreaking. Simply natural. This girl is beyond talented. One of this season’s very best.

FYC:

Best Actor:
    Delroy Lindo - Da 5 Bloods

Best Actress:
    Sidney Flanigan - Never Rarely Sometimes Always

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

The guy who sent that email about NRSA is prime example of the Academy still being old. Some will say it’s just one but in fact there is a large portion of people who think like him within the Academy. You get that feeling when you read anonymous ballots, these voters are quite obviously not in the millennials age range. Not promising for PYW if you ask me…

Sure, but this is also the same body that backed Get Out for a Screenplay win and Parasite and Moonlight for Best Picture wins. Sometimes those people don’t matter as much as we think they do

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

If she was the undeniable frontrunner, OK.

I don’t think people win second or third Oscars unless they are undeniable, which Frances and Viola aren’t. I mean, Julie Christie was expected to win again for Away From Her, and then Marion Cotillard won instead. Denzel Washington couldn’t beat Casey Affleck, Kate Winslet couldn’t beat Alicia Vikander, Geoffrey Rush couldn’t beat Christian Bale, so on and so on. The only examples I can think of where someone won a second or third Oscar who weren’t undeniable were Sean Penn for Milk (high up in Best Picture), Meryl Streep for Iron Lady (comeback narrative), and Christoph Waltz for Django (literally everyone in that category was a previous winner). If some of us predicting Carey to win the Oscar are struggling with which one of them is #2 and people who aren’t predicting Carey are struggling with which is #1, then that doesn’t bode well for them.

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

For those  insisting Ava DuVernay and Regina King would have made a better Billie Holiday movie….. DuVernay is already a one hit wonder who got lucky with Selma. King  just started and Miami is an overrated snoozefest. Critics love it because it’s not controversial. Point is….they’re not better than Daniels

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

DuVernay also has When They See Us, Middle of Nowhere, 13th, gaga fan.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I don’t support what the voter said, but I don’t get why Flanigan’s character had to travel many miles just to get an abortion. Is it that there were no qualified health practitioners in her area? Please, explain the motive behind her journey because that journey turned me off. They boarded way too many buses

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

DuVernay also has When They See Us, Middle of Nowhere, 13th, gaga fan.

Those were no hits. The Butler was bigger than all of them put together despite what the critics said. Besides, didn’t she do A Wrinkle in Time?

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    MultipleOscarWinner
    Topics:

It’s not much but I’m giving my vote to Sidney Flanigan for the Gold Derby Film Awards. I hope she gets in.

FYC:

Best Actor:
    Delroy Lindo - Da 5 Bloods

Best Actress:
    Sidney Flanigan - Never Rarely Sometimes Always

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Lee Daniels has only made one movie people give a damn about. That’s just a fact. Nobody even remembers The Butler. This is not a defense of Ava, who has her own problems, nor King.

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 590 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)’ is closed to new replies.