Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 601 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
Monsoon 🌊
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not surprised by Emerald’s snub as that award has always been juried and tends to steer away from more mainstream American debuts by English writer-directors and towards debuts in British Indies (i.e. Saint MaudMogul Mowgli). Anther example of this is how Emma. was snubbed in the same category in spite of it being the debut of an English writer.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Not surprised by Emerald’s snub as that award has always been juried and tends to steer away from more mainstream American debuts by English writer-directors and towards debuts in British Indies (i.e. Saint Maud, Mogul Mowgli). Anther example of this is how Emma. was snubbed in the same category in spite of it being the debut of an English writer.

I was just wondering, I don’t tend to pay attention to that category too much tbh.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Not surprised by Emerald’s snub as that award has always been juried and tends to steer away from more mainstream American debuts by English writer-directors and towards debuts in British Indies (i.e. Saint Maud, Mogul Mowgli). Anther example of this is how Emma. was snubbed in the same category in spite of it being the debut of an English writer.

I didn’t even realize Emma got snubbed. Must’ve missed that one.

FYC:
    Carey Mulligan for Best Actress
    Riz Ahmed for Best Actor
    Amanda Seyfried for Best Supporting Actress
    Daniel Kaluuya for Best Supporting Actor

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

So are we “canceling” the globes or will we take them serious?

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

After the accusations, nominees should boicot the ceremony, but most of them still want their validation. It’s well known how corrupt they are, but nominees just can’t miss the most watched movie award show after the Oscars, the same with us, we won’t miss it on Sunday.

Did Davis, Day, Kaluuya say a word about how other black artists got snubbed, no black members among HFPA? It’s not convenient I guess. If black artist win, we love them again. If they lose, GG CANCELED! Give me a break.

Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

Did Davis, Day, Kaluuya say a word about how other black artists got snubbed, no black members among HFPA? It’s not convenient I guess. If black artist win, we love them again. If they lose, GG CANCELED! Give me a break.

The Globes have messed up repeatedly this year, with the Minari fiasco, the abysmal quality of some of their nominations and snubs, POC artists being snubbed, and finally with these new revelations. They’re the ones who have to respond, not the black artists who got nominated who don’t have an obligation to say anything.

FYC:

Picture - Minari, Nomadland, Another Round, Promising Young Woman
    Director - Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Thomas Vinterberg (Another Round), Emerald Fennell (Promising Young Woman)
    Actor - Steven Yeun (Minari), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)
    Actress - Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman), Frances McDormand (Nomadland)
    S. Actor - Daniel Kaluuya (Judas and the Black Messiah), Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)
    S. Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

So now we’re blaming the Black nominees for not speaking out instead of the HFPA itself? You have to be kidding me.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The Globes will always be the Gloves because no one cares at the point to ‘cancel’ them
    The ceremony is always a big place to show and grow buzz for performers and we can’t blame them.

The Globes are shit, but they will continue to be relevant for years to come, I guess.

Profile picture
    AjayLopez25
    Topics:

mine

BAFTA

Viola Davis ‘Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom’

Carey Mulligan ‘Promising Young Woman’

Frances McDormand ‘Nomadland’

Vanessa Kirby ‘Pieces Of A Woman’

Kate Winslet ‘Ammonite’

Zendaya ‘Malcolm & Marie’

Golden Globe

Drama:

Musical/Comedy:

Maria Bakalova ‘Borat: Subsequent MovieFilm’

Screen Actors Guilds:

Independent Spirit:

Critics Choice:

Oscars 2021:

Carey Mulligan ‘Promising Young Woman’

Frances McDormand ‘Nomadland’

Vanessa Kirby ‘Pieces Of A Woman’

Andra Day ‘The United States vs Billie Holiday’

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Minari getting 3 SAG nominations and two individual ones in spite of being a film that is in another language goes to show you how much support it has. I mean these are the same people who snubbed the actors from Parasite in the individual categories, shut out Roma and snubbed Isabelle Huppert for Emily Blunt.

Isabelle Huppert wasn’t eligible for the BAFTAs that year.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

They were talking about SAG, but either way that doesn’t mean anything, Yeri got snubbed everywhere and everyone that watches the film can understand why, she gets outshined by literally the whole cast. That’s enough to tell she isn’t happening at the Oscars. She’s also not lead and I can’t see voters give her a nomination in leading actress for a barely supporting performance.

Sorry, my mistake. Since Wolfali was talking earlier about the BAFTAs, I assumed that post was related to it as well.

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

Excuse me????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Watch your mouth now!!!!!🙅‍♂️🙅‍♂️🙅‍♂️

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Ok, you’ve gone too far with this. First off, you have no idea what they’ve said. Secondly, what the HFPA has been doing for so long is way bigger than the ONLY 3 nominees of color to change no matter how much they speak out. Lastly, your first name must be clueless!

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

When viola upsets. Its over for yall lmao

Viola winning wouldn’t be as much of an upset because she was always out front. Her performance is awards bait.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

because she was always out front.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 601 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)’ is closed to new replies.