Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 5 posts - 586 through 590 (of 590 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
Monsoon 🌊
  • Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I don’t think people win second or third Oscars unless they are undeniable, which Frances and Viola aren’t.

I don’t understand this logic at all. People will and have given people 2nd or 3rd Oscars simply because they loved the performance. I get it. You want Mulligan to win. That doesn’t mean Davis and McDormand stans don’t exist. People do actually feel passionately about their performances. That’s…the whole point.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

I don’t support what the voter said, but I don’t get why Flanigan’s character had to travel many miles just to get an abortion. Is it that there were no qualified health practitioners in her area? Please, explain the motive behind her journey because that journey turned me off. They boarded way too many buses

She had to go to New York bc Pennsylvania abortion laws did not allow her to get one in that state because she was underage. It is a running problem in the US wherein underage girls from conservative-governed states are forced to travel to other states to seek abortions, either because theirs outlaws it or only allows it with parental consent.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I don’t understand this logic at all. People will and have given people 2nd or 3rd Oscars simply because they loved the performance. I get it. You want Mulligan to win. That doesn’t mean Davis and McDormand stans don’t exist. People do actually feel passionately about their performances. That’s…the whole point.

I meant undeniable in the sense that “oh we have to give it to this performance and nobody else”. McDormand and Davis are excellent and I’m not taking away from their work. I should’ve phrased that better.

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

She had to go to New York bc Pennsylvania abortion laws did not allow her to get one in that state because she was underage. It is a running problem in the US wherein underage girls from conservative-governed states are forced to travel to other states to seek abortions, either because theirs outlaws it or only allows it with parental consent.

Thanks a lot

Andra Day should be winning Best Actress

Profile picture
    JakeT
    Topics:

Agreed. I think Mulligan can still eke it out but even if she wins the Globe, AMPAS will be much harder for her. If she was the undeniable frontrunner, OK. But Viola Davis and Frances McDormand are two huge threats & I’m leaning towards McDormand if, as I expect, Nomadland does really well with AMPAS. Also: I think Day is great, but the (awful) letter to Eliza Hittman may be enough to have Sidney Flanigan surprise. If someone’s going to surprise, I’d put money on Flanigan.

Mulligan won’t win the Oscar because of the make-up of the voting body, but that same body will nominate Sidney Flanigan in response to the email? This doesn’t make sense.

I still think Carey is taking it all.

Viewing 5 posts - 586 through 590 (of 590 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)’ is closed to new replies.