Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 757 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Philip
wolfali
wattsgold
  • Profile picture
    thomasrigours
    Topics:

It’s great for Andra Day but I’m sad her win ended this investigation about who’s gonna get that fifth spot, it was fun..

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Things are fine. I just know Loden is coming back from the grave.

Profile picture
    VedanthM
    Topics:

If the backlash for the lack of representation seeps in through BAFTA, I can see Viola winning the Oscar.

If not, I am putting my safe bets on Carey. Tonight was a miss but there is a lot of passion behind her performance

Profile picture
    L@br@dor
    Topics:

She’s not nominated at SAG and won’t be nominated at BAFTA. That hurts her.

she’s been rooted against since the beginning… and every single time she’s proven people wrong. Yes she’s not nominated at SAG and BAFTA but she’s also beaten all the heavy hitters here. It’s not to be neglected.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

This race is so wide open. Any of Andra, Carey, Frances and Viola could win. Hell throw in Vanessa too because why not lol.

Actually, I was team #thehellwiththehaters, but she seems to be our actual filler here?! I mean the film is not good, Burstyn couldn’t coattail, and Kirby’s buzz is not that huge compared to the others.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Sticking with Carey cause she can win Critics’ Choice and SAG still and will win BAFTA

Will she win BAFTA though? She’s a previous winner and they want diversity this year.

All Mulligan needs is SAG.

Profile picture
    na digga
    Topics:

It’s really down to sag now and viola is the front runner there. Andra definitely has enough momentum to get in at the oscars now but her song and movie basically missed the shortlist all together. So I don’t see how she gets enough support to win. Either Frances or viola win when sag and then will win Oscar.

FYC Best Actress 2021: Viola Davis!!!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Actually, I was team #thehellwiththehaters, but she seems to be our actual filler here?! I mean the film is not good, Burstyn couldn’t coattail, and Kirby’s buzz is not that huge compared to the others.

Yeah I was more being like why not than thinking she actually will win lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Someone check on the Vareity PYW stan. lol I think the globes dropped an earthquake!

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

1. Viola
    2. Frances
    3. Andra
    4. Carey
    5. Vanessa

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

It’s great for Andra Day but I’m sad her win ended this investigation about who’s gonna get that fifth spot, it was fun..

Kirby’s in real danger though. Her film has no passion. Burstyn won’t get a nom. She needs something to stay in this race. Still not dropping her but, yeah, a snub is a possibility.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

She’s not 3rd… only McDormand can stop her. Andra obviously is THE FRONTRUNNER, she has the narrative and her performance is undeniable. Voters don’t even have to watch the whole thing to acknowledge her, just the 30 first minutes.

Viola can still win two televised awards and create huge momentum, with understandable drawbacks. The use of caps does not work as evidence to your theory.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

She’s not nominated at SAG lol.

That’s why I said visibility issues. Screeners were sent out to SAG voters very late. If it was submitted on time, SAG would have nominated her 100% cos they love Lee Daniels. As for BAFTA, they just snubbed her like they did Erivo last year. They’re racist

Andra Day should be winning Best Actress

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Will she win BAFTA though? She’s a previous winner and they want diversity this year. All Mulligan needs is SAG.

Literally the entire top 4 are previous winners. Don’t think they really care that much

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

They totally gave it to Andre after the blacklash. Still can’t wrap my head around her getting a win, considering she was left behind at major critics circle and nominations (she isn’t in for SAG) I know the voting body is different but the criticism did play a factor.

Yes, they succumbed to pressure. What a disgrace!!! It makes me seriously have doubts about the voting system. I know that the votes “are tabulated by an accounting firm” blah blah blah, but I can’t help but wonder if there was some dishonesty involved in the voting process. I remember that a producer once wrote in the 90s that she had some doubts about one of those accounting firms.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 757 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)’ is closed to new replies.