Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 757 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Philip
wolfali
wattsgold
  • Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

At least, Mulligan’s back on the televised awards’ radar and that’s still something. I’m glad she’s not winning for that white-fem film.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Are critics members of BAFTA lol. McDormand could win but it won’t be because she won London Film Critics over Mulligan.

Some members of London are BAFTA voters too, otherwise I wouldn’t mention it.

And that’s not the only reason, I figured I didn’t have to state the obvious of PYW sinking while Nomadland is potentially winning BP/BD + Nomadland’s overperformance at AACTA.

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Watch BAFTA give BA to Morfydd Clark lmao

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Is Promising Young Woman still top 2 in Picture?

It was never top 2.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Some members of London are BAFTA voters too, otherwise I wouldn’t mention it.

Of the actors branch? No. Of the writers? yes.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

People barely appear on Critics Choice when it’s a ceremony in person, imagine a zoom one
    They will probably give it to Andra because she’s the only one who’s gonna show up.

Please SAG, study making a in person ceremony, you have more than a month yet and the US is dealing with Covid quite nicely.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I like Carey a lot and I actually do like the film but it just didn’t do it for me nearly as much as so many on this forum. I don’t mind good performances winning so obviously I’ll be happy if Carey wins but I just can’t get behind the “one of the best films and female performances” talk. I’m still trying to ponder what I’m missing about the whole thing that grabs so many people online.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Of the actors branch? No. Of the writers? yes.

There’s still an overlap. Even if you scratch that, PYW is obviously sinking everywhere at this point and McDormand is in the BP frontrunner. With Nomadland getting noms like Supporting Actress at AACTAs, I would think she’d win there too and I’m pretty sure theres a BAFTA overlap with them too. I just don’t see how Mulligan is “obvious” there, sorry but she needed this Globe more than Davis and McDormand.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

People barely appear on Critics Choice when it’s a ceremony in person, imagine a zoom one They will probably give it to Andra because she’s the only one who’s gonna show up. Please SAG, study making a in person ceremony, you have more than a month yet and the US is dealing with Covid quite nicely.

In-person ain’t happening

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    ShinySeaDiamond
    Topics:

Do any of us think that Mulligan’s (somewhat understandable) reaction to Day’s win pushes her down further, with Davis and Kirby endearing themselves by being more explicitly gracious losers? It sounds like the bullshit women in the industry have to put up with.

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Do any of us think that Mulligan’s (somewhat understandable) reaction to Day’s win pushes her down further, with Davis and Kirby endearing themselves by being more explicitly gracious losers? It sounds like the bullshit women in the industry have to put up with.

I think that’s just a GD thing. Haven’t seen anything on Twitter yet.

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

People barely appear on Critics Choice when it’s a ceremony in person, imagine a zoom one They will probably give it to Andra because she’s the only one who’s gonna show up. Please SAG, study making a in person ceremony, you have more than a month yet and the US is dealing with Covid quite nicely.

I want it to happen but we’ll be fortunate if the Oscars late in April won’t be a zoom hybrid shitshow.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

In-person ain’t happening

I’m sad, zoom ceremonies are so cringy

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

PYW is obviously sinking everywhere at this point

I am not going to be lectured about “what’s sinking” and “not sinking” by a Zendaya stan predicting Sam Levinson for Best Director.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Honestly, she just looked surprised and disappointed. People making shit up is so high school.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 757 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)’ is closed to new replies.