Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 757 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Philip
wolfali
wattsgold
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I wonder if Carey pissed face when she lost could affect her chances.

Honestly I haven’t seen anyone mention it outside of Gold Derby so I don’t really think so.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Not even a couple of years ago – last year!

Forgot about that lol

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Andra Day is the frontrunner. We’ve had the Globes. Give her her frontrunner status for the time being. It’s what she earned with the Globe victory

Andra is not the frontrunner. No one is atm. She’s in a very good position but she got snubbed at both SAG and BAFTA. Two Industry awards.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

The Viola stans are loving this Carey Golden Globe loss. They’ve been out in droves since yesterday. But it’s not like this improves their fave chances any way. There is no passion for Viola performance. Girl has lost every single award she’s been in contention. The critics to Carey and McDormand. And the Globe to newcomer first acting gig Andra Day. Lmao.

Viola stans seem happy that at least a black actress won. It is your team (Carey stans) that are trying everything possible to cancel Andra

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I mean, it was a big contrast to Viola and Vanessa, both of whom were very happy, but Carey should not get flack for… reacting. The internet told her she was the undeniable front-runner; it truly sucks when it does not pan out then.

I don’t think she looked pissed. I do think she was definitely disappointed and a bit sad but I wouldn’t say pissed.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Andra is not the frontrunner. No one is atm. She’s in a very good position but she got snubbed at both SAG and BAFTA. Two Industry awards.

This. There’s no frontrunner, it’s that simple

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Yeah. Because they’re in the public eye, actors get too much flack for, um, displaying normal human emotions.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

So many of you are being so reactionary about Carey. Her losing only means she’s nowhere near as strong as a frontrunner as many of us presumed. She is absolutely still win-competitive at CC (watch them shamelessly tie her with Andra), SAG and especially BAFTA.

Not at the Oscars. It’s not reactionary. This year I wasn’t sure if they wanted two POC winning lead, but that’s what will happen. And you know the type of excellent performances from black women that did not win in the past in just this category. No award body wants the controversy this year.
    Besides, Hulu and Netflix have big pockets to sustain a campaign with buzz.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Um, no. I think even the most basic voter would understand the timezone difference and the fact she was disappointed. She’s a mom as well so I don’t think she was just casually watching the whole thing doing her nails. By that time, she must have been tired

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

This is just reading too much into something. I don’t think they’ll even care.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

1. Frances
    2. Andra
    3. Viola
    4. Carey
    5. Kirby

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

I feel bad for Zendaya. Same scroes on RT and metacritic as billie holiday movie. Yet less love. I hope she shakes the table and gets in at BAFTA

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

I barely noticed anything. She was caught off guard but that wasn’t anything serious

Haven’t seen any backlash about it either

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    Rmcd8
    Topics:

Such a weird energy in this forum compared to every other one on here lol. Andra has effectively claimed a spot in the Oscar noms which she was in no way guaranteed to get given how many major award precursor lists she’s missed. I’m happy for her, but she’s in no way the frontrunner lol.

It does keep things more competitive though, and for me it’s coming down to whether or not Carey gets the BAFTA as the real decision maker (I’m currently predicting she will, but if she doesn’t, it’s over).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Honestly the mods should just mute this thread until Critics Choice on Sunday. It feels a bit like we all need it otherwise we’ll enter some sort of weird double think and drive ourselves insane trying to predict this category lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 757 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)’ is closed to new replies.