Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 757 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Philip
wolfali
wattsgold
  • Profile picture
    Rmcd8
    Topics:

I barely noticed anything. She was caught off guard but that wasn’t anything serious Haven’t seen any backlash about it either

She made a surprised “oh wow!” face, nothing pissy which is why no-one else has commented on it. Viola also looked really surpised. People are just being really weird on here.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

She made a surprised “oh wow!” face, noting pissy which is why no-one else has commented on it. Viola also looked really surpised. People are just being really weird on here.

Not to mention that the zoom format changed the way we should look at reactions. Poor image quality, delays etc

Nothing serious

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

As a person who wanted Carey to win I am actually delighted with Andra’s win, WOC are literally overdue for that recognition, Carey is coming for blood for Maestro me thinks tho

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I think this was necessary. It puts things in perspective and hopefully assures people that they shouldn’t state supposed sweeps before the Globes are even over. The weirdest part is that Anne Thompson was right LMFAO

Profile picture
    na digga
    Topics:

I see a lot of people underestimating Viola. Did we not learn anything with andra winning last night? Going into the awards season last night the competition was down to Frances, Viola and Carey..and as we now see none of them won. That knocks Carey down significantly and brings Frances up. The thing is nobody is in a hurry to give Frances a third Oscar. And with Andra out at sag and bafta. Voters(a lot of them friends of these actresses) will look to Viola whom they’ve praised and who is Black. They don’t want to be dumb and give the award to a white women when there’s a chance for them to look “diverse” by giving it to a middle aged dark skinned black Women who gave a great performance. And Viola has a narrative too, she’ll be the most nominated black actress at the Oscars this year. And once her profile rises from Sag and potential Bafta wins, I don’t see how the Oscars choose Andra over her. When the competition is between a vet and a younger actress the vet tends to prevail

Renee Zellweger> Scarlette Johansson
    Olivia Colman> Lady Gaga
    Frances McDormand> Saoirse Ronan
    Julianne Moore> Rosamund pike
    Meryl Streep> Viola Davis

Viola Davis is the Greatest of our time!!!

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The weirdest part is that Anne Thompson was right LMFAO

And remember the amount of flack she got here?

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

And remember the amount of flack she got here?

Of course, I dragged her a lot 💀 And look at what happened

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I’m convinced that a tie between Day and Mulligan will happen at the CC lol

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

The fact that Day is only the 2nd Black woman to win Best Actress Drama in the Globes history is very telling about how WOC are under valued for their work within the industry & press.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

The fact that Day is only the 2nd Black woman to win Best Actress Drama in the Globes history is very telling about how WOC are valued for their work within the industry & press.

Lol ya think?! It’s sad..

Profile picture
    Ki
    Topics:

At this point it’s very likely the Oscar acting races could all go to POC(Davis/Day – Actress , Boseman – Actor, Kaluuya – S Actor, Youn – S Actress), they might not get an opportunity like this again. This is way too good of a narrative for them to go any other way.

Oscars 2021
    FYC: Best Actress: Viola Davis/Andra Day
    FYC: Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    FYC: Best Director: Chloe Zhao

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The fact that Day is only the 2nd Black woman to win Best Actress Drama in the Globes history is very telling about how WOC are under valued for their work within the industry & press.

Just look at how some people here are saying she won only because she’s a WOC. It explains it all.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Now day won because she was black lol that’s why the cars 3 actress is a golden globe winner and mulligan is a golden globe nominee like yall still haven’t learned they just thought andra performance was better then careys

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I had no idea that I was in the top 24 all stars for predicting these lmaoo but I guess that’s cool.

Profile picture
    Gwen
    Topics:

Well, wow. PYW empty-handed was hard, and since it’s a movie that really resonated with me I’m disappointed. Expecially for Mulligan, who gives a layered and refreshing performance and is at the top of her game after 12 years of great overlooked works. Whew, I was sooo into all the buzz and the Tariq Khan’s piece (that mirrored the one he wrote for Phoenix last year) bought all my confidence in Carey.

That said, Andra’s reaction and speech was delightful and I’m looking forward to watch TUSVBH (though, another “Best Actress Drama win in a musical biopic” is a bit boring and standard-ish as a pattern – not talking about the performance itself).

About the win: I think Mulligan isn’t done at all (same as Close, for me): she could very well win at Sag/Bafta and/or CC, since she still has the most talked and acclaimed performance, it’s not like all the praise of the last months (hell, of the last year!) has disappeared. She is still in the game, I don’t know how much chances she has, but she is in the game. But this is a crazy season, so Andra could very well win without Sag and Bafta, why no? We have still two months to go, so…

The situation in my opinion, before CC:

1. Andra Day
    2. Carey Mulligan
    3. Viola Davis
    4. Frances McDormand
    5. Vanessa Kirby

2021 Award Season, FYC:

Best Actress: CAREY MULLIGAN for PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN
    Best Actor: DELROY LINDO for DA 5 BLOODS
    Best Supporting Actress: GLENN CLOSE for HILLBILLY ELEGY

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 757 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)’ is closed to new replies.