Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 757 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Philip
wolfali
wattsgold
  • Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

The way Victor Cruz has become the new me with his bitchy posts 😎

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Winslet is not happening, even if she gets BAFTA. The HFPA nominated her for worse movies than Ammonite but even they rejected her.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I could have seen it with a Globe nomination but even her biggest fans said no. She could sneak in at BAFTAs but so far there’s literally zero passion for her. It’s the way even Ronan did better with her AACTA nom 💀

Yeah there really seems to be zero passion for her but I wonder if she could be an easy name check in a filler year.

I’m still sticking with Han till the very end. Even if it ends up being wrong.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Off-topic but is Ammonite really that bad ? Or does it suffer being released in a post Portrait of a Lady on Fire world ? I mean, God’s Own Country was great so I’m wondering how could Francis Lee turn out so bad on his second try…

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Yeah there really seems to be zero passion for her but I wonder if she could be an easy name check in a filler year. I’m still sticking with Han till the very end. Even if it ends up being wrong.

Yeah, that 5th spot is a mess anyway. I’ll just wait because I don’t even know what to make of all of this tbh

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Off-topic but is Ammonite really that bad ? Or does it suffer being released in a post Portrait of a Lady on Fire world ? I mean, God’s Own Country was great so I’m wondering how could Francis Lee turn out so bad on his second try…

It’s not bad at all, but I found it mediocre and there wasn’t any chemistry between Winslet and Ronan

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

Off-topic but is Ammonite really that bad ? Or does it suffer being released in a post Portrait of a Lady on Fire world ? I mean, God’s Own Country was great so I’m wondering how did Francis Lee turn out so bad on his second try…

It didn’t really have anything to say. Perhaps it would’ve been stronger if Winslet and Ronan had a semblance of romantic chemistry.

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    musicreloaded
    Topics:

Frances and Carey have the best performances, but Viola will win.

As I said the highest powers need to reward black actors after BLM/Biden year. Tyler Perry, honorary Oscar, Viola/ Stacy magazine cover, etc, etc….

Mark this: Kamala and Stacey Abrahms will attend the OSCARS, they will cry and make some big speech.

So Chadwick and Viola will win.

regarding the infamous 5th spot… I go with Andra, even though she may stole votes for Viola.

Loren and Adams would be frontrunners in the supporting field where they truly belong. Adams is as supporting as Janney,
    M´onique and many mothers in cinema. Netflix just clean up the way for Close.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I don’t think Kamala would even be allowed to attend the Oscars because she’s the Vice President.

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

Viola was awarded Best Actress at Palm Springs Film Festival for Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Profile picture
    musicreloaded
    Topics:

I don’t think Kamala would even be allowed to attend the Oscars because she’s the Vice President.

Michelle did it and Kamala already had a Vogue cover…

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

It’s not bad, but it’s not very memorable. There’s definitely things to appreciate in it.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Michelle did it and Kamala already had a Vogue cover…

Michelle is the former first lady though not the next person in line for President and doing a Vogue cover isn’t the same as attending a huge event with security concerns. 💀

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

For me, it’s not bad. I was a fine, incredibly subtle little picture. With some heartbreaking moments. There’s no shouty line, big fight scene, all the emotions displayed perfectly from the actors face. Kate Winslet is absolutely mesmerizing in it.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Viola was awarded Best Actress at Palm Springs Film Festival for Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

To clarify, PSFF gives out multiple awards, but no “Best Actress” award. Viola received the Palm Springs Achievement Award, Actress while Carey received the International Star Award, and Andra received the Breakthrough Performance Award. See https://www.psfilmfest.org/events/events-calendar/film-awards-2021

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 757 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)’ is closed to new replies.