Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 757 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Philip
wolfali
wattsgold
  • Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

To clarify, PSFF gives out multiple awards, but no “Best Actress” award. Viola received the Palm Springs Achievement Award, Actress while Carey received the International Star Award, and Andra received the Breakthrough Performance Award. See https://www.psfilmfest.org/events/events-calendar/film-awards-2021

I’ve seen it……she still won Best Actress (Desert Palm Achievement) and Yun-Jung Youn won (Spotlight) Best Actress

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Off-topic but is Ammonite really that bad ? Or does it suffer being released in a post Portrait of a Lady on Fire world ? I mean, God’s Own Country was great so I’m wondering how could Francis Lee turn out so bad on his second try…

Its a great movie if you need a good nights sleep.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I’ve seen it……she still won Best Actress (Desert Palm Achievement) and Yun-Jung Youn won (Spotlight) Best Actress

I suppose one could say the PSFF awards four different types of “best” actress awards, but neither its website nor press releases use the designation “best” in the title of any of the awards the festival bestows. It honors multiple excellent film performances, and all of the actresses deserved the honors they received.

Profile picture
    ESS
    Topics:

Having just watched the four main locks, this is my choice of order

1) Mulligan

2) McDormand

3) Kirby

4) Davis

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

To clarify, PSFF gives out multiple awards, but no “Best Actress” award. Viola received the Palm Springs Achievement Award, Actress while Carey received the International Star Award, and Andra received the Breakthrough Performance Award. See https://www.psfilmfest.org/events/events-calendar/film-awards-2021

So, basically their own version of those dumb CC ties.

Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

I am most definitely on the Carey Mulligan train.

Not only is she richly deserving for it but:

-She was robbed for AN EDUCATION (though she ranked second to Kim Hye-ha on my personal list)
    -She was robbed for SHAME
    -She was robbed of a nom for WILDLIFE

PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN is easily a career best performance for her so I fully support the win for both the performance itself and as a makeup win.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I am most definitely on the Carey Mulligan train. Not only is she richly deserving for it but: -She was robbed for AN EDUCATION (though she ranked second to Kim Hye-ha on my personal list) -She was robbed for SHAME -She was robbed of a nom for WILDLIFE PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN is easily a career best performance for her so I fully support the win for both the performance itself and as a makeup win.

Nice. She’s given us amazing performances for more than 10 years. Let’s see if the industry understands that on top of this latest role.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Haven’t been on here much lol. But after the globe noms came out it was CONGRATS ON YOUR OSCAR CAREY MULLIGAN SHE GETTING THAT GLOBE……. WHO WINS THE DRAMA GLOBE WINS THE OSCAR when comedy actress globe has no contenders for a win.
    AND Calling Viola some not funny lame a*s nickname like grillz over her lead actress nom with a short time. Some of you users joke may not have to do with skin color but for the ones that it does ITS BLACK HISTORY NON OF THE VANILLA flavored GIRLS DONT HAVE THE RANGE FRANCES MULLIGAN KIRBY TO GET A OSCAR NOM OFF A PLAY Adapted biopic the range aint there still good actresses. MORE ON BLACK HISTORY MONTH VIOLA IS ABOUT TO BE THE MOST NOMINATED BLACK ACTRESS IN OSCAR HISTORY.VIOLA IS A ACTING LEGEND PLEASE TREAT HER LIKE ONE. EMMY OSCAR TONY BAFTA SAG GOLDEN GLOBE

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

My top 5:

1, Andra Day

2, Vanessa Kirby

3, Meryl Streep –  The Prom

4, Elizabeth Moss – The Invisible Man

5, Rosamund Pike

Academy’s top 5:

1, Carey Mulligan

2, Viola Davis

3, Frances McDormand

4, Vanessa Kirby

5, Andra Day

Andra Day should be winning Best Actress

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

I’m still sticking with Han till the very end. Even if it ends up being wrong.

Same here. I am just not able to justify predicting either Adams, Day, or Zendaya.

Han is definitely a longshot, but she makes the most sense to me. So even if I am wrong, I’ll be fine with it.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

DaHling, it is. The Ma Rainey screen time was posted a long time ago. The Grillz has 25 minutes and Boseman has 50. And people say she’s Co Lead. I’ve never seen a co lead with half the screen time 😂🤣

Umm, Hopkins in The Silence of the Lambs. Thanks for placing tho, racist.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

I just saw Minari. I wouldn’t nominate neither Han nor Yeun. All they do is have an argument early in the film, but other than that, they’re just…there. In fact, Han had so little to do that her role felt supporting. Amy Adams played a friggin drug addict in HE but somehow she can be expected to get passed up for Han?????

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Amy Adams played a friggin drug addict in HE but somehow she can be expected to get passed up for Han?????

Yes because Adams was awful and overacting in the film. Han was sublime and captivating.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I just saw Minari. I wouldn’t nominate neither Han nor Yeun. All they do is have an argument early in the film, but other than that, they’re just…there. In fact, Han had so little to do that her role felt supporting. Amy Adams played a friggin drug addict in HE but somehow she can be expected to get passed up for Han?????

Yes and we would love to see it

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X15NLAdctIM

Han in this scene alone is better than anything Adams does in that cringe-fest.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 757 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)’ is closed to new replies.