Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 757 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Philip
wolfali
wattsgold
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Han is not going to happen. She is an unknown foreign actress delivering a foreign language performance and received literally no nominations so far nor longlists placements even where Minari did great overall. Don’t try to compare her to Yalitza who got CC and was always in the awards conversation, doing magazine covers etc.

It’s Day vs Adams, no need to overthink.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    PeytonKawai
    Topics:

Han is not going to happen. She is an unknown foreign actress delivering a foreign language performance and received literally no nominations so far nor longlists placements even where Minari did great overall. Don’t try to compare her to Yalitza who got CC and was always in the awards conversation, doing magazine covers etc. It’s Day vs Adams, no need to overthink.

It’s not that simple. Specially before the BAFTAs.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Yes you can. FlixPatrol says hello.

Lol, that doesn’t actually track views. It’s whole concept is about what is published in the top 10 lists. It’s even in their website.

“Ranking points are not associated with the streaming platforms and they do not represent the actual numbers of viewings or sales.”

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

Almost certain that Viola Davis, Frances McDormand and Carey Mulligan are locked in for a Best Actress nod. However, I think Vanessa Kirby might get shut out, barely, because of both Rosamund Pike and Andra Day.

It helps both Pike and Day that Oscar voting begins on March 5, perfect timing for both actresses.Their movies are being talked about along with their performances, especially Andra Day. I really think she is in and that Pike just might creep barely by Kirby, whose movie and buzz seems to have died down.

Just my Sunday morning after a stormy night thoughts on this gloomy Golden Globe day. And if Pike and/or Day pull off an unexpected win tonight, that only strengthens their chances for an Oscar nod.

Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

You actually have to watch all of them, then determine who got buzz, percursor noms, good narrative, campaigning and if the performance is something AMPAS would go for based on previous nominees. You can’t based predictions on what you like or want to see happen, more like what actually makes sense.

I mean…it’s actually not really my own personal opinion. I don’t even have that much of an opinion one way or another if Pike gets in or doesn’t. I just felt like going for it in terms of a NGNG prediction. If I were going to play it safe, I would honestly just choose Andra Day.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

You know how many subscriptions Netflix has worldwide? Check it. Both Pieces of a Woman and I Care A Lot were massive hits for Netflix while Ma Rainey’s Bottom, Mank and Malcolm & Marie were humongous flops internationally.

Again, you have no idea the actual streaming numbers, but whatever fits your narrative.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Again, you have no idea the actual streaming numbers, but whatever fits your narrative.

Flixpatrol measures a film success. If a film is number 1 it means that it’s the most watch. It’s not rocket science.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

If Kirby makes it in at BAFTA, especially if Adams misses, I’d be more comfortable and say she’s locked in 3rd or 4th place. But if Adams makes it there too…I hope I’m worrying over nothing…

FYC:

Vitalina Varela, Vitalina Varela (Actress)
    Andrea Riseborough, Karim Saleh, Possessor/Luxor (Actress, Actor)
    Rosamund Pike, Peter Dinklage, I Care a Lot (Actress, Supporting Actor)
    Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)
    Sophia Loren, Abril Zamora, The Life Ahead (Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman (Actress)

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Prayer circle for viola to snatch tonight hehehehehe

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darlings, I think Robber Pike is winning the Comedy Globe a la Adams in American Hustle.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Carey winning is my big birthday wish. I turn 20 in two days. I’ll be satisfied with a Screenplay win as well, but I have doubts about that unfortunately. I’ll consider Carey’s win a birthday present

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

Darlings, I think Robber Pike is winning the Comedy Globe a la Adams in American Hustle.

Yes! Dianne Wiest’s guardian robber gives an incredible performance.

Profile picture
    Someonelikeme
    Topics:

Prayer circle for viola to snatch tonight hehehehehe

Amen!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 757 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)’ is closed to new replies.