Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 35)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 35)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 554 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Ashton_Reeves
  • Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Also, the only main contender that won from Netflix yesterday was Boseman. So he’s likely the only contender from Netflix to actually prevail at the Oscars.

It’s funny that some of you thought Netflix was going to walk away with 3 or 4 of the main acting prizes lol.

Profile picture
    lhdang2000
    Topics:

Well, now that I’ve finally calmed myself down, I figure this would be a great race to follow. I remembered being so bored last year when the acting categories were announced at the Oscars. I really hoped someone was going to pull an upset, but I was just being delusional at that point.

And of course, while I would have loved for my pick, Mulligan, to win out of the gate to get that secure feeling, it’d be interesting to see what Focus Features, Fennell and Mulligan do now. Will they go extra hard or will they give up? Also, this gives Netflix hopes that Mulligan is not a frontrunner and they can still do something with Davis and even Kirby or Pike.

And finally, it’d be interesting to see if Andra Day can keep her momentum seeing that her win is almost unprecedented and that may even be applied if she wins an Oscar. When was the last time an actress wins Oscar without SAG + BAFTA nominations?

HFPA played a double-or-nothing risk. Picking these actress winners may either make them the most legendary precursor or they’ll become a laughing stock after this award season.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

HFPA played a double-or-nothing risk. Picking these actress winners may either make them the most legendary precursor or they’ll become a laughing stock after this award season.

neither.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Andra could either be the Regina King of this year or the Sylvester Stallone of this year lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Andra could either be the Regina King of this year or the Sylvester Stallone of this year lol.

It’s like choosing between a very respected actor and a Razzie champ and Andra is neither so there’s no way to know

SAG will clear a lot of things

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s like choosing between a very respected actor and a Razzie champ and Andra is neither so there’s no way to know SAG will clear a lot of things

I have a feeling SAG will go with either Van or Damy.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    na digga
    Topics:

Well the thing about Andra is that her movie is bad…like really bad. I laughed enough times that it could’ve been submitted to musical/comedy at the globes. However I think andra’s performance was solid. I still don’t know if it’s enough. Her movie under performed on the Oscar long list. Her song should’ve made it ala Gaga and she could’ve got an easy win, but it didn’t which makes me think she could get overwhelming late support because of that or she could possibly still miss out on the nomination. If that happens Carey would need cc(or sag but I doubt it) + bafta.. but if she doesn’t win/tie at cc, then I think Viola taking takes it.

FYC Best Actress 2021: Viola Davis!!!

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

When was the last time an actress wins Oscar without SAG + BAFTA nominations?

Regina King in Supporting.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Regina King in Supporting.

But as I pointed out King swept the critic awards. Andra would only go to the Oscars with a Golden Globe. (1) award.

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

Not Hillary Clinton’s rts being a parameter for Oscar nomination..

I think people meant that she has some support from the industry. King. Viola. Oprah

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

The British vote is not to be underestimated. It always comes through.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

People cited Hillary Clinton’s tweet as meaning Andra was a lock for the win but the thing is Ms Clinton has over 30 million followers and that tweet is one of the least shared tweets of Hillary’s on her timeline. https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton

What about all the tweets, posts etc. you have brought up in which Carey was mentioned? You have been using them to say she has industry support, which is what people are doing with Day as well. I see nothing wrong with that.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What about all the tweets, posts etc. you have brought up in which Carey was mentioned? You have been using them to say she has industry support, which is what people are doing with Day as well. I see nothing wrong with that.

Saying one may have industry support and saying someone is locked for the win because the former Secretary of State tweeted about her are two different things.

Day has industry support (as does Davis, McDormand and Mulligan) and I actually have her second for the win (ahead of Mulligan herself) but she’s not going to win because Hillary Clinton sent a tweet that wasn’t shared so widely.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Please show me where someone suggested she would win because Hillary gave her a shoutout on Twitter. Maybe I missed it.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Remember that having a shout out by Hillary is actually not good.

Hillary is the Glenn Close of the presidential elections.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 554 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 35)’ is closed to new replies.